OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 03:21 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Posting mainly to provide some feedback on this rubber…. I’ve always wanted to try something that plays like a T05 but isn’t made by Butterfly. I am not a big EJ but decided to include a sheet of V>15 Extra with my last order of Tenergies. Why V>15 you ask and not Rasanter 47 or MXP or Xiom O7P or … primarily because it was on sale, I like Victas as a company and I haven’t seen anyone reporting BAD things about this rubber. The timing of everything was very last minute. I received the package late in the afternoon, glued it onto a spare VKMO and half an hour later I was at my club training. I had my normal setup as a backup, just in case, you never know...

Upon inspection, the rubber seems very grippy with a very thick and dense sponge. I got the Extra version (47.5 hardness) in Max thickness. The sponge has no booster smell, no dome, etc etc. Just plain flat with a “normal” rubber smell.

A couple of FH loops and my coach goes “What is that?”. It immediately felt much faster than the 05. Several days and ZERO adjustments later I am still liking it.

Let’s go over key metrics: (all on VKMO)

Speed –10-15% faster than the 05 on the same blade. I couldn’t control the T64 last time I tried it (too fast for me) so I would guess it’s in the Tenergy 80 speed zone. Loop kills are easy and smashing is pretty good. This also means you probably can’t (shouldn’t) chop with it…

Spin – is there on all shots. I tried just about everything from looping underspin to sidespin loops around the net, this rubber delivers. I can’t quantify spin here, but it’s enough. It’s not the famous H3 spin, however it does seem to be similar or even identical to the Tenergy spin. My coach looped with it a couple times, the arc/bounce was insane. He also had trouble blocking my heavy and slow underspin loop so I know this rubber doesn’t lack in the spin department. Let's see if it changes as the rubber ages.

Arc – the rubber does seem a bit lower throw than the 05. I would guess it’s medium to medium-high throw. I didn’t have to make any adjustments when looping but it does feel a bit flatter. I adjusted in a matter of minutes.

Block – it blocks better than the T05 on VKMO. I always felt my old setup was unstable when blocking powerful loops at the table. It was obvious during drills with higher level players as I was having trouble with blocking to the exact same spot. With V>15, the extra kick helps and my VKMO now feels like a stable Off-/Off blade when blocking topspin shots.

Short game – is different and is a bit bouncy. Tenergy feels just right but again no major adjustment was necessary. Still this is something to get used to.

Serves – again mostly feel that’s different. You can still serve a ghost serve so there is plenty of spin on serves.

Overall, V>15 Extra is a keeper but who knows… I reserve the right to go back to the rubber I know so well… I am basically trading feel I am so used to for the additional speed which makes my loops more dangerous. I have to play it some more and decide after the “honeymoon” period is over.

Last edited by notfound123 on 12 Dec 2018, 00:12, edited 2 times in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 03:42 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
notfound123 wrote:

I have to play it some more and decide after the “honeymoon” period is over.

Nice review - unrelated thought: I'm convinced that 'honeymoon period' for equipment is a real thing in TT, but not sure why...

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 05:34 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

I have to play it some more and decide after the “honeymoon” period is over.

Nice review - unrelated thought: I'm convinced that 'honeymoon period' for equipment is a real thing in TT, but not sure why...

The one thing many people question when trying new stuff is... "Okay I lost, but was it me or the new rubber (blade)?" Or the other way, you win everything with your new Tenergy Hard -- must be the rubber that has more spin, right?! :lol:

So the new feel multiplied by the new results. Car enthusiasts have this very advanced way of measuring car performance called "butt dyno"... Pretty much same thing in table tennis.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 14:29 
Super User

I played a couple friendly matches with it today. Overall it does feel harder than the Tenergies. Today I really liked how it served and pushed, but looping took getting used to. Many errors on loop kills. Last week it felt like a looping machine. Go figure. I think I was overly optimistic thinking that I got used to it in just 1 session :lol: .

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 21:04 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I used this some while back as part of a review of sample rubbers for ooak. It is really nice and long lasting. Definitely harder than T05 and I would say more akin to Evolution MX-P and other 47 degree tensors. Very durable.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018, 05:00 
Super User

Another night of playing with the V>15 and I think it's the one. Since receiving it earlier this month I used it for at least 12-15 hours in training, matches, and even as a blocking rubber when coaching my son. Overall I think it has its own pros and cons compared to the Tenergy 05. I now have a much much better understanding of what it's capable of.

Overall, it's pretty obvious that V>15 is HARDER with less dwell than Tenergy 05. It doesn't have the same bounciness on every shot. Instead it is more linear meaning it's slower and more controlled on slow and soft shots, and very fast when force is applied, i.e. on smashes and power loops.

Because of its linear characteristics, I prefer it over T05 for serving and overall over the table. Serves are very spinny and returns and pushes are predictable and easy. Unlike Tenergy, it allows me to hit a nice and low "emergency" push when I misread a half-long serve. When I use Tenergy, if I misread something, it pops up like crazy for an easy kill.

Looping is nice and solid. While I am still getting used to it, my opponents time and time report the same or at times even greater spin compared to my old setup. My coach also told me that *on average* I generate more spin on my loops.

So far so good.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2019, 15:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

notfound123 wrote:
Speed –10-15% faster than the 05 on the same blade. I couldn’t control the T64 last time I tried it (too fast for me) so I would guess it’s in the Tenergy 80 speed zone. Loop kills are easy and smashing is pretty good. This also means you probably can’t (shouldn’t) chop with it…

Guess who chops with it.. :lol:

https://tabletennis.guide/profile.php?n ... oto-133000

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 00:53 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

Guess who chops with it.. :lol:

https://tabletennis.guide/profile.php?n ... oto-133000

Iskandar

There is another player, a German amateur/semi pro - Daniel K., who plays and chops with V15 max. He actually does it on a blade very similar to mine.

Funny thing is .. I am still playing this rubber a year later. Although I am playing my last couple sheets and thinking to go back and settle on the T05H after the major Joola tounament which takes place at the end of November.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 12:18 
Super User

Accidentally came across this video... if anyone speaks Japanese, please translate :up:
Quite obvious from this video that Tenergy is a higher throw rubber.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 21:57 

notfound123 wrote:
Accidentally came across this video... if anyone speaks Japanese, please translate :up:

I don't have time to translate the whole video but are there any specific sections that you were interested in? I can try translate them and post them here.

- Omni

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2019, 05:24 
Super User

I just wanna know the summary and the key points.. how they are compared to each other spin-wise, speed-wise and so on.
He loops with both rubbers back to back so I am sure he talks a lot about one vs the other.
Thank you in advance!!

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2020, 22:26 

Blade: Victas Koji Offensive
FH: Hurricane 3 neo 2.1 black
BH: Victas P1V 1.5 red
Omniscient wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

I don't have time to translate the whole video but are there any specific sections that you were interested in? I can try translate them and post them here.

- Omni

How is the translation going?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2021, 23:46 
Super User

PAVEXDPL wrote:
Omniscient wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

- Omni

How is the translation going?

They added English subtitles .... Different video but this should give you an idea. Enjoy.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!