OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 15:25 
Super User

Good to know that it isnt a problem with my rubber, haggis. I really like the H3, but this humid rubber is killing me.

I live in the Milwaukee, WI area. It has been very wet and humid lately. I have noticed the terrible "film" on my rubber in three instances in the last couple months. Each time, the outside temp was 90+ F and the humidity was excruciating. Most of the places to play around my area are not air conditioned, so this certainly doesn't help matters.

I store my racket in a case at all times, with a protective sheet on the H3 at all times it is not being used, that should be ok. With more humidity tomorrow, I should be faced with some awesome H3 anti again :roll: . At least now I can be confident when I look down at my rubber after looping a topspun ball right into my side of the table. Then when some ass says "don't blame the rubber", I can give them the finger.

blade BTY Photino ST/Palio HengDa #1 ST, fh Palio Macro ERA 42deg MAX, bh Palio CK531A OX

TT Armory, N. America Palio distributor. Macro ERA Tensor, Biotech rubbers, and more.

Post subject: Re: Hurricane 3
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 10:23 
EJ in recovery

hookshot wrote:
Had a hit with Hurricane 3 Prov, new, on a Galexy W-1 and a used Hurricane 3 on a Galexy MC-1.
The H3 is about 10% slower than Energy but spinnier. The throw is a little higher than Energy but it only took about 10 minutes and it felt good. At the end of 2 1/2 hours, it felt normal to me.
In a week or so, I will try it with EEII. Not even going to try with speed glue because of the ban.
Found I could still counter as well or better. Countering is my bread and butter. Blocking was actually eaiser because of the slower speed.
I could brush loop with Energy but with H3, it is a piece of cake.
Can't say I could tell the difference between regular H3 and the Prov version. At $15 / sheet, I will stick with the regular for now.
My partner loops HARD. He usually has a mark or two on his forhead where he overdid one. LOL I was worried about blocking these with H3 but it was no problem. Eaiser if anything because of the slower speed. This is going to be my "New Stuff". Three sheets for the price of ONE energy.
My consistancy went up as expected with slower rubber. The loss in speed does not bother me as I hit hard to begin with.
Tried a few serves. Man, going to be Fun! :D :D :D

I dug out my old H3 that I have had for some time although not played with it for long,been trying to find a rubber to use without glue and have been down the tensor road,been trying Green Power myself but don't think it's for me.
Anyway I put the H3 on my new Xiom Control 3 and out of my 3 setups for the FH that was the best one,also tried 388b sp on the FH and it can loop like crazy but tha's all it was good for.The other FH was green Power and as you say the H3 is much better close to the table with a lot more control.
Gonna try the H3 on the Xiom Maximus next and see how that works.
I really don't think there is much difference with H3 glued or unglued it seems to work pretty good both ways.
On the BH it's 802-40 but it works a bit better glued than unglued but I can live with it for now