OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 02:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Roxon 330
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 01:16 
The Twiddler

I'm not sure if many others here are using Roxon 330 but I have to say, after my hit with it recently, I really do like it a lot!!

Basically, from what I can feel when playing with it, it's slightly slower than Roxon 450, offers much better spin, has a lovely feel to it and offers a marked improvement in control.

I feel that I can loop much more accurately, consistently and with more spin with the 330, whereas the 450 I make more mistakes. I also find the 330 better for blocking the ball and when it comes to close to the table touch and control, the 330 wipes the floor with 450.

Disadvantages? Well it is slightly slower than the 450, but it's not "that" much slower. Put it this way, if you favour spin and control more than speed, then the 330 would be the choice rubber over the 450.

Finally, for players that have used the Andro Plasma range, I used to play with the 430 rubber and dabbled a bit with the 380 rubber also. The difference between these two were quite noticeable in that the 380 was a lot slower than the 430.

However the differences with the newer Roxon rubbers is not the same. Roxon 330 offers more spin and much more control over 450, but doesn't lose a huge amount of pace in the process.

A top rubber for sure!

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Roxon 330
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 03:27 
Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.7boosted
BH: 388d ox
how is it for those delicate over the table push strokes,like when the serve comes short to the forehand?does it pop up or go back flat?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 00:56 
The Twiddler

Ok a few more comments on the 330.

I really love this rubber! For those of you that have used Roxon 450 and would like much of the same, but with more control, the 330 should be something you'll like. Let me explain...

Spin:
I've always found Roxon rubbers excellent to play with and have now tried all of them. The 500 is too fast for the game I play, so I'll not comment about that here. The 450 has been my rubber of choice for a while now. So how does the 330 compare? Well in the spin department it is easier to create spin. I seem to need less effort to get the ball to fizz and kick off the table. In fact, a lot of players have said to me after a game "I found your black side (Roxon) harder to play against than your red side (Inferno)" or "what the hell do you have on that black side? It's really hard to play against".

Speed:
The speed of 330 I find is a bit slower than the 450. The question is, does this mean it's not good to attack with? Personally speaking I actually find it better to attack with. This is because when you touch the ball you can drop it short but when you whack it, it cannons across the table. If you're and out and out speed player, the 330 will not be the rubber for you, but if you're someone that likes to control a rally and use your drives and loops to win the point, then it's a fantastic choice.

Control:
This is the big one for me. How many times have you played a game and been in a rally, just trying to keep the ball in play, waiting for that moment when you can attack? Well I've been there loads of times and there is nothing more frustrating than mis-controlling the ball into the net / off the end of the table, or going for that loop and it flies clean off the table end. With 330 I make a lot less mistakes. I really do feel that I could push with this rubber all day long. Pushes remain nice and low over the net, are very easy to control and require very little effort. Making mistakes with 330 is very hard and I'm confident to say that it is by far the best controlled rubber that I've ever had the pleasure of using.

So overall why would you buy the 330? Well I'm a big fan of Roxon rubbers. In the past I've used the Andro Plasma range and found those very good, but with the introduction of Roxon, my forehand improved and I became a better player for it. I have also tried Andros' Hexer rubber which is good, but because the throw is lower on it, I found it a difficult rubber to loop consistently with.

The 330 offers all of the plus points of 450, but with seriously improved levels of control.

A highly recommended choice :)

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 02:49 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Chris having just ripped my sheet of Proton off my Gergely due to my preference for going back to Roxon 450 because of greater spin and control (although Proton was ok for control, just not in humid conditions). I now read this post of yours and find myself salivating at the thought of Roxon 330 which I had already decided sounded too soft to be very good. Now I am very strongly re-considering that idea based on your review of it. What colour (edit: oops missed you said black)and thickness have you got?

As I am about to cut myself a brand new sheet of 450 given I took my old sheet off before Xmas to put the Proton on and can't find what I did with the old sheet, I'm not going to order a 330 yet. As my old 450 had about 10 months under its belt and was still going strong, I'm figuring a sheet of 330 might just sit itching to be used for the rest of the year while the new 450 plays for me. I might just tuck a few dollars away here and there to buy a 330 though if nothing else startling comes along in the meanwhile.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.