OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 07:19 
Super User

practiced long distance chopping 15 minutes with Juic (Globe)999 CHN 1.8 mm on Donic Persson powerCarbon(name was something like this, dont remember exactly and sure it was a carbon blade) with 0.3-0.6 mm Curl P1R on bh. :up:

when chopping ,the amount of the spin 999 CHN produced was big surprise, enjoyed a lot...my partner was topspinning and most of the times second ball or third ball was not coming... really very heavy backspin!

using Butterfly Diode and Joo Se Hyuk blades( lets say both have same speed..with 1.9 T64s on fh sides). I imagined to use a Juic 999 CHN on fh ( bh: Curl p1r 1.0 mm) for a both chopping and spinning game (varies between ''modern'' and ''classical'' defence)
1.8 mm. was ok on that Donic carbon blade(harder and a little bit faster than Diode& JSH)..
which thickness of Juic 999 CHN do you recommend to use on Joo Se Hyuk blade for a both chopping and spinning game (varies between ''modern'' and ''classical'' defence)?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2010, 06:52 
Super User

The Juic 999 CHN is a nice rubber and very spiny.
I don't like it on backhand, but on FH it's very pleasant despite not being very fast on itself without booster.
This rubber is also cheap and very durable but I'm not sure if it's still produce by Juic (I've got the tuned version).
If you like this kind of rubber you may also try the 999 Blue Lucifer (very spiny too but harder without booster or oil softener)

Once my stock will be over I intend to find out something with a kick effect or catapult.
The Juic 999 CHN offers also good control and block are nice for counter-attack.

Brahms