OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Galaxy Apollo
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 19:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That reminds me. There's two VERY EXPENSIVE Yinhe rubbers on sale that are not in the catalog, hence no spin/speed/RMB price, those are Moon Pro and Sun Pro. No idea what the rationale behind them are, they're around $30 a sheet. Probably supposed to mimic DHS "Provincial" Hurricane. Plain plastic wrappers, I think there's a "free" rubber protector sheet inside the shrink wrap.

There's also a lot of older rubber that's no longer in the catalog on sale - the original Mercury, original Apollo, original Earth etc. (the current ones are "II" and "III"). And these are fairly cheap, though not cheap enough for me to want to try. The cheapest Yinhe rubber is the two-for-one "generic" version of 9000. The sheets are already cut into an oval, but it is oversized so it'll fit any reasonable blade. Turns out they actually mold the sponge in this shape (it seems to be for their pre-made racket line). The eacheng.net price is $6 for two sheets (!), typically $10 for a pair elsewhere. This is what I currently have on my backhand and I like it a lot. If I needed a lot of club sheets I'd probably order a bunch of these from eacheng.net.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 20:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just unpacked the sheet of Mars II. Interesting. Yup, it's totally non-tacky. But light? A teeny bit lighter than Apollo III - 65.8 vs. 68.8 grams uncut. I'll post more about this in my "training rubbers" thread. I'll play with it some tomorrow. I expect it to be faster, but that's at least partially due to its having 39 degree sponge rather than 36 degree.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2015, 01:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Unpacked my two sheets of Venus II today and stuck them on N11 #3 in place of Mars/ZAP (have come to the realization that I don't like Mars) and will try it out this weekend. 39 degrees on the forehand, 36 on the backhand. One HUGE fly in the ointment though... these sheets are HEAVY. In the 72-73 gram range. Not as heavy as 2008XP or Whale, but getting there. 7-8 grams heavier than Apollo III. I'll probably end up replacing the backhand sheet with something lighter (maybe 868 or 9000).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 15:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I have actually tried both, and there was a difference, but in the end it didn't affect my game. Changing blades affected my game a lot more. The tack on Apollo III was all gone after 2-3 months anyway..

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10