OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: gambler reflectoid
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010, 22:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
What thickness are you using?

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2010, 14:17 

I must chime in here too. Reflectoid was what I tried for my 1st custom bat (on the bh). It's a very good rubber! My topspin stroke on my bh is very upward and not as much foward which is a great combo with this rubber. It is also very easy to control the ball when chopping. Also, I agree it is a great tool to block a smash and slow the game down. It is very tacky (a bit more so in the black). It will bottom out if you loop hard or smash which does goof up your control a bit. I've quickly become addicted to LP on my bh, but keep it on a racket or two of mine.
By the way my experience is with the 2.0mm version on a Gambler TSU Whirlwind. I have a sheet of 1.5mm red that I'm due to glue on somthing at some point... If I was going to go for an inverted chopping game I'd use this for sure. :nod:

SU 2:729 Arylate Carbon FH Inspirit Quattro UL Max 40D BH Galaxy Neptune Ox

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2010, 05:59 

Hi Haggis, sponge thckness 1.5 there are other thickness out there but for me why mess around with perfection.... :rofl: :D :D :party:

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 14:36 

Just curious if anyone has tried it in 1.0 for dedicated chopping on the BH side. ("....if short pips can, maybe...")

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 10:23 

Slade wrote:
Just curious if anyone has tried it in 1.0 for dedicated chopping on the BH side. ("....if short pips can, maybe...")

I tried the 2.0mm (as originally posted) and more recentaly the 1.5mm. There is a tremendous difference between to two! The 1.5mm gives great control and spin for chopping. The 1mm would probably bottom out even on chops of harder hit balls since the 1.5mm really is soft.

SU 2:729 Arylate Carbon FH Inspirit Quattro UL Max 40D BH Galaxy Neptune Ox

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 20:34 
Super User

I used the 2.0mm and liked it a lot for chopping as it doesn't bottom out. Does feel slightly mushy though. The attack aspect is a different story as flat hitting close to the table is more effective with this rubber...don't try to win with a loop kill! Ain't gonna happen :?:

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 21:43 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I've been giving the 2mm version a trial for roughly a month and I've found it great for pushing, serves, blocks, close in spinny loops and smashes. Pretty much perfect for what I need. Long range chops aren't part of my game.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 20:06 
Super User

Been reading-up quite a bit on the Reflectoid, so reactivating this post...

Just wondering how this Rubber would work with a Defplay Senso V3, for chopping close-to-mid-distance from the table ?

Also, I don't see this rubber anywhere, except Megaspin (only 2mm available) ... Anywhere else?

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 05:55 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
ootbs wrote:
Been reading-up quite a bit on the Reflectoid, so reactivating this post...

Just wondering how this Rubber would work with a Defplay Senso V3, for chopping close-to-mid-distance from the table ?

Also, I don't see this rubber anywhere, except Megaspin (only 2mm available) ... Anywhere else?

you could also get it at zeropong :D It would work just fine with Defplay Senso for what you want, as long as your technique is alright. I assume you are able to chop with your current Mark V on your BH just fine...? I'm also going to assume you are NOT trying to replace your Vega Europe, 'cause there is really no point... lol, anyways, it will be slower than Mark V for sure, and more "controlled". It might also be easier for you to impart spin on close to the table shots, depending on the feel/touch you have in the ball.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:57 
Super User

Danthespearton HQ wrote:
you could also get it at zeropong :D

Yup, saw it on Zeropong, priced at $14 for the rubber, which is fine. What makes it a triple-starred deal-breaker is $24 for the international shipping...I dunno bout the rest of you guyz, but I don't quite fancy shelling-out 150% of the value of the product, just for shipping.

Danthespearton HQ wrote:
It would work just fine with Defplay Senso for what you want, as long as your technique is alright. I assume you are able to chop with your current Mark V on your BH just fine...? I'm also going to assume you are NOT trying to replace your Vega Europe, 'cause there is really no point... lol, anyways, it will be slower than Mark V for sure, and more "controlled". It might also be easier for you to impart spin on close to the table shots, depending on the feel/touch you have in the ball.

I switched to a Pogo LP in OX, very recently, and am going to continue with LP... I'm not a chopper (away from the table) However, after switching to LP, I've realised thas I'm moving away from the table, in an attempt to chop... It's not something that I a make a conscious effort to do, it just happens. However, with the Pogo LP, I'm getting very little or no back-spin, which makes it easy for my opponents to kill. So, I'm toying with the idea of having a second setup, this time, with an inverted chopping rubber.

No, getting the Reflectoid as a replacement for the XVE would just be plain silly (I guess)... I'm thinking of using it along-side a rubber such as Mark V (??)...Perhaps, even a 729 Focus Snipe 3 (which I already have).

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 21:26 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
ootbs wrote:
Danthespearton HQ wrote:

Yup, saw it on Zeropong, priced at $14 for the rubber, which is fine. What makes it a triple-starred deal-breaker is $24 for the international shipping...I dunno bout the rest of you guyz, but I don't quite fancy shelling-out 150% of the value of the product, just for shipping.

Danthespearton HQ wrote:
It would work just fine with Defplay Senso for what you want, as long as your technique is alright. I assume you are able to chop with your current Mark V on your BH just fine...? I'm also going to assume you are NOT trying to replace your Vega Europe, 'cause there is really no point... lol, anyways, it will be slower than Mark V for sure, and more "controlled". It might also be easier for you to impart spin on close to the table shots, depending on the feel/touch you have in the ball.

I switched to a Pogo LP in OX, very recently, and am going to continue with LP... I'm not a chopper (away from the table) However, after switching to LP, I've realised thas I'm moving away from the table, in an attempt to chop... It's not something that I a make a conscious effort to do, it just happens. However, with the Pogo LP, I'm getting very little or no back-spin, which makes it easy for my opponents to kill. So, I'm toying with the idea of having a second setup, this time, with an inverted chopping rubber.

No, getting the Reflectoid as a replacement for the XVE would just be plain silly (I guess)... I'm thinking of using it along-side a rubber such as Mark V (??)...Perhaps, even a 729 Focus Snipe 3 (which I already have).
Where are you based ootbs?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 21:41 
Super User

so_devo wrote:
ootbs wrote:
Danthespearton HQ wrote:

Danthespearton HQ wrote:

Where are you based ootbs?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
India

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 02:08 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
If you do a google search for 'Gambler Reflectoid' (have you tried this?), quite a few places pop up in addition to Zeropong and Megaspin: OOAK shop, Bribar, ttnpp.com... I stopped looking after first page. Presumably some of them will have better shipping costs to India.

http://ttnpp.com/store/gambler/366-reflectoid-sg-6.html

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 02:16 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
If you do a google search for 'Gambler Reflectoid' (have you tried this?), quite a few places pop up in addition to Zeropong and Megaspin: OOAK shop, Bribar, ttnpp.com... I stopped looking after first page. Presumably some of them will have better shipping costs to India.

The rubber is Out Of Stock on ttnpp

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 02:26 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
ootbs wrote:
pgpg wrote:

The rubber is Out Of Stock on ttnpp

OK, then it might mean that it will be tough/expensive for you to get this specific rubber. Try some other thin defensive rubber, like Marder if you are all set on double inverted chopping (which probably has its own issues).

I would also probably revisit 'no backspin with POGO' situation, because it can mean so many things: your opponent is very good at looping backspin, you are not very good at chopping loops and are sending back high floating ball that is easily killed, there was no loop to begin with so you had no spin to work with etc. etc.

Good luck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next