OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 09:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks Brahms, great to hear you finally got a chance to try it. Although I agree very much with your thoughts, the higher spweed compared the 999CHN seemed quite clear to me, but it felt slower than the 999 Nat (at the high end of the speed). I'm still using my first sheet, and it's very durable and still maintains it tack.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 01:19 
Super User

For the speed I don't think the globe 999 nat is higher without glue or boost.
The throw is lower but remain on the high scale.

We practised today a lot of exercice with block and I was impressed by the control I could get on my fh. I'm lefty so normaly i used to play more with my bh for block and push but I was very self confident and regular with the 999 turbo. Compare with the nat this rubber is more tolerant an not mature technic.

For me this rubber is very well balanced out of packet, I wish I could have a little more tack but few hours will give the final verdict. The counter is around 12h now.

For me this rubber is one of the best Juic I ever had. I wish to all reader the same feeling.

Brahms

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 11:33 

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the weight of this rubber. I am going to need to replace my Thor's soon and this might be a good alternative if it is lighter.

Regards,
Jonathan

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 13:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I have not weighed it, but it's not particularly light, but certainly not as heavy as 999 Nat. It would be close to Thor's I'd expect.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 19:32 
Super User

Just a small refresh for this best of brand Juic 999.
I'm still working hard with it and beat good player 2 week ago during the team contest.
The durability is very good and my rubber is still providing great spin but remain medium tacky.
My block in the forehand is great and safe.

Probably th best post glue era 999 I used so far from Juic.

Nota :
Another hard puncher from my team is also using another great Juic product the Juic 999 Nano in a very good condition after 8 month of play.

Brahms

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 19:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I'm still using mine as well, and mine's still tacky too.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 10:51 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
HaggisV,

Do you have Thor or 999 Turbo on your forehand right now? Which rubber is heavier?

Thanks.

I have used 999 Turbo in 2.0mm and I want to test Thor in Max.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 10:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I have 999 Turbo on my bat at the moment. I'm not sure iof there is much difference in weight, I would guess perhaps the 999turbo a little lighter...

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 11:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Just an update on this 999 Turbo rubber.

I've been using it for about 6 months now, and the sheet is still got the tack and feels virtually as good as the new sheet. It lost some of it's grip after about 4 months, but after a few application of Life Expander brought it right back. I've stopped using the expander for about a month now, but the restored grip is still there. I also clean it regularly with a foam cleaner.

I can safely say that this is the spinniest rubber I've ever played with. I've played with most of the other 999 variants, and all are very spinny, but this one definitely has that little extra, which seemed to be enhanced over time. I expect the sponge softens up more over time, and probably the topsheet as well due to repeated cleaning (foam cleaner and Life Expander).

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 20:24 
Super User

Hello,

I agree with Haggisv, the Juic 999 Turbo is spinner as long as the time past.
The speed is much less as Thor cause the sponge isn't a tensor one.

Despite my coach wants me to change my FH with a more as "the others normal Frenches usually play with" like Joola EGP X-Soft, Donic F3 Bigslam... I resist !

However most people said my FH is better with tensor (Joola X-soft) than the Juic... but I'm found of tackiness.
I think my problem now is I need more speed to beat my opponent more decisively but I don't like the Thor cause the topsheet is too slippy compare with 999.

At last, I also tried on my FH the Tenergy 05Fx I usually play on my BH and I even top after the net... my technic has to be totally revamp !

Will see in january 2012 if I stick with Juic or go in the single mindset by the French wayside. :bow:
However whatever could be my decision, this Juic 999 Turbo is probably the best rubber I've ever played and the most delighted expression of Joy I could get from a rubber. :rock:

A big ahoy ! Juic has to be complimented for that very great cross-breed rubber.

Greetings,

Brahms

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 17:58 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I got a sheet of 999Turbo before I went and had a hit with SHFS. I reckon it's considerably better than the previous 999s Juic have, the sponge feels MUCH better and springier. In particular, the sponge doesnt collapse as quickly as the Japanese variant (ie, 999 nano) and such. The topsheet was much a muchness with the japanese versions and had very little tack.

I was having issues doing extreme brushes with it, but I'm putting that down to not hitting for a few months and having zero touch.

Oh, and SHFS kicked my arse.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 19:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Was that red or black? It comes out of the packet with just a paper protection sheet, but once you put a plastic one on there it sticks quite well, and seems to get tackier.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 20:58 
I am Legend
I am Legend

black.

I'm not worried about the initial tack, as long as it doesnt disappear rapidly.

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 01:10 

Bought one today, put it on Rosewood 5
spinny, and lighter than Neo H3 Prov, i give u that
tho....... id probably go back to my Neo H3 Prov.....
i guess u call that personal preference
:)

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 12:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Can't beat personally preference... but you should probably give it a bit more of a go before you decide. Extra spin makes it easier to land your loops, and spin can be just as dangerous a weapon as speed.

Of course I'm biassed since I love this rubber :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next