OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: DHS Skyline TG3 Neo
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 12:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
ilikepie wrote:
How does it preform for fishing?
I don't play this style but I can tell you that it's the easiest rubber I've come across for hitting repeated counter-drives from 6ft off the table.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 13:43 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Is the TG3 Neo good for close to the table attacking plays? I've read it is good for "mid-distance".
I've tried the H2 Neo and the 729-02 new sensor and they are very good for close to the table and over the table shots.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 19:56 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
sunflex wrote:
@ Nathanso

Do the H2 NEO and TG3 NEO really flat hit and punch block aswell as the Tenergy 25 and 64? T25 was simply amazing for hitting through spin and T64 my current rubber is not bad either.

How do you compare the sensisivity of incoming spin of the H2NEO and TG3NEO to the Tenergies? I really like tenergy but when recieving spinny serves (too) passively you can really feel the spin bite in the rubber and it causes errors.

Last but not least How would the H3NEO Provincial compare with the H2 NEO and TG3 NEO. Would it have the same flat hitting ability?
I always felt that T25 was better at flat hitting and hitting through spin than T64. Due to H2 Neo's and TG3 Neo's semi-tackiness (more than T25, anyway) the ball seems to stay on the rubber a tad longer but once it leaves the launching pad it's got more speed than most rubbers, albeit not quite as fast as T25. It doesn't leave me wishing it were faster, if that's any indication.

As far as spin sensitivity goes, I often block loop drives right off the bounce so this is a critical property for me. T25 was excellent for this as was Blitz. H2 Neo less so; in fact, it's why I left H2 Neo for TG3 Neo. As far as TG3 Neo's spin sensitivity goes, I'll need to get in more matches against more kinds of opponents before I can answer that one, though I'm nearly at the point of having two bats at the ready: A TG3 Neo bat for most players, and a Blitz bat for heavy loopers, Blitz being the most spin-insensitive inverted rubber I've found that can still generate plenty of spin itself.

I also block loopdrives right off the bounce it's maybe 70% of my game. It's funny that you mention Blitz, I bought a sheet of Blitz last month when I was in China. Blitz is going to be my new backhand rubber and probably Haifu BW2 red sponge 2.2 my forehand rubber. According to the reviews, BW2 red sponge is a chinese rubber that flat hits very well.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 20:58 

Does the tacky topsheet make it "controllable", or is TG3 really a very controllable rubber, for even us lower level players?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 06:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I used TG3 Neo last night at my local TT club's weekly RR and won my table, including a 3-1 win over a USA 1825 rated junior who beat me easily last week 3-1 when I used H2 Neo. TG3 Neo blocks loop drives off the bounce with less spin-sensitivity than H2 Neo, and TG3 Neo's punch drives and flat hits had offensive pace. Its consistency kept me in extended rallies longer than my opponents, and its prodigious spin on serve won points outright.

The only match I lost was one where I chose to use an alternate paddle (H2 Neo/Super Anti) for a perplexing regular foe and that match went poorly indeed.

In the pre-RR warm ups I had a chance to put my paddle in my warm-up partner's hands and I got to experience TG3 Neo from the other side. Topspin drives had a strange ball path where the ball seemed to be fighting/clawing its way through the air leaving his paddle which gave the illusion that the ball wasn't hit very hard or with much spin.. until it crossed the net at which time its speed increases, culminating with a huge kick off the table. Very disconcerting!

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2011, 17:42 

shaolinTT wrote:
Is the TG3 Neo good for close to the table attacking plays? I've read it is good for "mid-distance".
I've tried the H2 Neo and the 729-02 new sensor and they are very good for close to the table and over the table shots.

It works good. But I would say I like TG2 Neo more. I assume your close to table attacking is looping.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2011, 21:53 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

aroonkl wrote:
shaolinTT wrote:

It works good. But I would say I like TG2 Neo more. I assume your close to table attacking is looping.

Being a big tg2 fan, i am interested to know whether you play close to the table with your tg2 neo too?

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2011, 17:52 

Robot Blocker wrote:
Being a big tg2 fan, i am interested to know whether you play close to the table with your tg2 neo too?

Yes. I could switch to TG3 Neo,manage changing little bit angle and play fine. But from close to table looping, I feel I could crush more in power looping with TG2 Neo.
From mid to far from table, TG3 Neo feels more control and lively.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2011, 23:29 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

aroonkl wrote:
Robot Blocker wrote:

Yes. I could switch to TG3 Neo,manage changing little bit angle and play fine. But from close to table looping, I feel I could crush more in power looping with TG2 Neo.
From mid to far from table, TG3 Neo feels more control and lively.

Thanks, how would you compare tg2 to tg2 neo, what is better?

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2011, 06:51 

Sorry, Never tried TG2. I quited for 9 years and just came back to play. At that time I played Hur2,3.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2011, 22:52 

I recently switched from HNeo3 to Neo Skyline 3 on my FH.

I find it slightly easier for counterhitting and blocking (a more solid feel somehow) -everything
else seems as good as with HNeo3.

http://www.murrayfieldtt.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/MurrayfieldTTC

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2011, 23:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

cje wrote:
I recently switched from HNeo3 to Neo Skyline 3 on my FH.

I find it slightly easier for counterhitting and blocking (a more solid feel somehow) -everything
else seems as good as with HNeo3.
I just got a sheet of H3 Neo to compare to TG3 Neo (both black). H3 Neo seems livelier, faster, and a good bit harder for me to control. Its click is higher pitched than TG3 Neo and it feels a bit like a bouncy tensor. H3 Neo's dwell time is noticeably less than TG3's which affects its control. This from observations during robot testing; live opponent testing tonight at the club.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 16:37 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
any further update?

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 05:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

More on H3N v. TG3N after a second night of club play and the help of BladesByCharlie's CW Smith.

H3N is faster, spinnier, and has a lower throw than TG3N. CW commented that it had very low dwell time due to its speed. Yet he preferred it over TG3N for a spin-oriented game but preferred TG3N for a hitting and blocking game. Both seem about equal with regards to spin sensitivity. CW plays Baracuda Big Slam these days, fwiw.

Both topsheets are semi-tacky and I've yet to detect any break-in effect or need for break-in at all, i.e. both played well right out of the package. My TG3N, which has 10-20 matches on it now, has lost most of its topsheet shine but its grip is undiminished.

I played five or so matches against CW last night and did much better with the TG3N. I think TG3N is better for imparting big spin on serves, and it's much better suited control-wise for my flat-hitting and blocking style. When I picked up my H3N paddle I felt my control went out the window.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 14:37 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I thought that the H3 is slower, has higher throw, and easier to play/control compared to TG3? Basing on what I heard from the non Neo version users... Has the Neo changed all that?

Also, have you tried/compared the TG2 vs TG3 Neo?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!