OOAK Table Tennis Forum
http://ooakforum.com/

Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17365
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Red_lion [ 30 Sep 2011, 14:41 ]
Post subject:  Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

I know Nittaku sponge is made in Japan but in terms of playing characteristic and topsheet, what is the difference? The packaging design is the same except for the logo and the price of course :?:

Author:  decoy [ 30 Sep 2011, 21:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

i think topheet i the same, the sponge i changed to a jap spoge

Author:  Silver [ 30 Sep 2011, 22:02 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

only if you buy the japanese sponge version...

i'd only get the pro versions.

Author:  zshark [ 03 Oct 2011, 14:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

what the different between H3 chinese sponge and H3 japanese sponge ?
speed?feel ? anyone know about this :) ?

Author:  Mercedes [ 03 Oct 2011, 15:58 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

zshark wrote:
what the different between H3 chinese sponge and H3 japanese sponge ?
speed?feel ? anyone know about this :) ?

chinese- hard

japanese- soft

Author:  RebornTTEvnglist [ 03 Oct 2011, 16:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

zshark wrote:
what the different between H3 chinese sponge and H3 japanese sponge ?
speed?feel ? anyone know about this :) ?


All H3's a relatively slow. :P

Author:  aroonkl [ 04 Oct 2011, 18:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

[quote="emm21"]I know Nittaku sponge is made in Japan but in terms of playing characteristic and topsheet, what is the difference? [quote]
I used H3, H2 regularly. I tried Nitt H3 once. I did not like it. Softer sponge and topsheet was less sticky. But if you play Japanese or Euro rubbers and want to try it, it might be easier to adapt than real H3.

Author:  Red_lion [ 04 Oct 2011, 19:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

Thanks arronkl. I'm just intrigued with the big price difference of the rubber.

Author:  aroonkl [ 05 Oct 2011, 02:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

emm21 wrote:
Thanks arronkl. I'm just intrigued with the big price difference of the rubber.

Noodle bowl in China is $1 as Japanese bowl is $10.
Nitt quality might be better too. But both rubber have some difference.

Author:  ilikepie [ 05 Oct 2011, 13:16 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

aroonkl wrote:
emm21 wrote:
Thanks arronkl. I'm just intrigued with the big price difference of the rubber.

Noodle bowl in China is $1 as Japanese bowl is $10.
Nitt quality might be better too. But both rubber have some difference.

Japanese Bowl tastes better. Just saying.

Author:  THE GAMEr [ 05 Oct 2011, 13:22 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

ilikepie wrote:
aroonkl wrote:
emm21 wrote:
Thanks arronkl. I'm just intrigued with the big price difference of the rubber.

Noodle bowl in China is $1 as Japanese bowl is $10.
Nitt quality might be better too. But both rubber have some difference.

Japanese Bowl tastes better. Just saying.


Haha wow....or that's what they WANT you to think. But perhaps the nittaku line has more consistency than the infamous Hurricane series'?

Author:  YosuaYosan [ 27 Nov 2011, 20:16 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

Ha!
So with a softer sponge, Nittaku Hurricane 3 should've played like Hurricane 3 Neo :D

Author:  decoy [ 27 Nov 2011, 23:22 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

to be H3 neo feels very hard and crisp unlike normal H3 which is more softer an dull

Author:  YosuaYosan [ 28 Nov 2011, 18:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3?

decoy wrote:
to be H3 neo feels very hard and crisp unlike normal H3 which is more softer an dull


According to some review it is H3 Neo which has softer overall.
Haven't tried for myself tho so can't tell :D

Author:  AndiHL [ 06 Dec 2017, 21:58 ]
Post subject:  Re: Difference between DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane

I played the Nittaku H3 NEO now for a while and I like it a lot. But: sometimes it could be more cripsy, espallially on flat hits and blocks.
The topsheet seems to be the same as the provicials, thats what I learned from this thread.
But what about the sponges?
Is a 39 provincial harder/crispier than the Nittaku (on these ones you cannot choose)? Or should I maybe try a 40 provincial?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/