OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 16:32 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Put the first 2 youngsters in this thread together in doubles and you get "Iliketurtlepie"! :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 07:02 
Super User

Nah, chicken pot pie is more my thing!

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 13:19 

iliketurtles wrote:
Hi. This is a review of two new rubbers I got that haven’t been widely reviewed. These are Donic Acuda S1 Turbo and Andro Hexer HD. I am a topspin attacker with both backhand and forehand. Both rubbers are on a stiga tube carbo wrb blade. Acuda is on my backhand and hexer on my forehand. I am 14 years old, and mostly just play at my local club. I have not had any time to play in tournaments.

Physically, the acuda has a harder sponge but slightly softer topsheets. Hexer Hd has a softer sponge and harder topsheets. The pips are very similar, as well as topsheet thickness. Both rubbers are pretty grippy when clean, hexer hd a bit more so. Both sponges are bright orange in color, hopefully you can see that in the pictures I took (I am not good at photography). They are non-tacky, and feel high-quality.

Hexer HD is slower on slow strokes than Acuda S1 Turbo. I haven’t been able to test this, as I can’t play because of a minor injury, so I will update this as I go. Bouncing the ball on them, they are very similar, but Acuda bounces about an inch higher, but it is just apples to apples; 21 to 20 inches or so, haven’t measured.

Spinwise, Hexer HD takes the cake. Acuda does make vicious topspins on backhand, but Hexer HD is better on serving and is easier to make spin with. I will update this as I play.

Controlwise, both are fine, but Hexer HD is a bit better for precision, probably because the sponge is a bit harder. This really applies to all shots.

The throw on both is medium, a bit higher for hexer Hd. Hexer HD is also more affected by incoming spin. The sound is the same as my outlaw lavender on instinct+, but it cracks a bit at high speeds, nice sound on harder shots. I have only played with these for a couple of hours before my minor injury, but I am already impressed.

Here are some pictures:

Attachment:
IMG_0344.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_0346.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_0347.JPG

both have hard sponge, what made you choose hexer as a FH rubber over S1? your set up is kinda advance im betting you must have started playing at an early age. tnx for the review

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 00:30 

after reading this thread and that other one called "hexer hd" i come to the conclusion that both rubbers-hd & s1 turbo- are the same rubber under different names and brands(made by the same factory). the slightly different subjective remarks from all commentors about each rubber is just normal,nothing significant that could hint of them beeing different products.

What i mean is that practically you can go with either of them getting the same playing characteristics and the same results in play.

can any one challenge this statement after using/trying both rubbers?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 07:31 
Super User

Hexer hd definitely has more spin, and is more linear.

Acuda s1 turbo is harder-sponged and softer-topsheet.

Other than that, they are very similar.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 04:03 

I agree that hexer hd has more spin, and acuda s1 turbo has a slightly better control, and is less sensitive to incoming spin.
Update : after a few hours of use hexer hd remains in a better shape. It seems it gets better... Maybe it needs to be a little bit broken, like some other said? Whereas acuda s1 turbo is losing spin and speed; I think it is not as durable.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2011, 07:31 
Super User

I put in some more thoughts on these rubbers, check the first post for details.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 14:13 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Nice share ILT!

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 04:16 

I have tried Acuda S1 Turbo recently, and decided to write down some thoughts on it with comparison to my other tensor rubber, Xiom Omega IV Asia (doesn't exactly comply with the title of this thread but I couldn't find any other review for S1 Turbo, sorry; hope it's OK)

Weight: about the same, around 45 g for a cut sheet

Tackiness: none on both

Hardness: same, Medium-Hard sponge, about 47-48 on ESN scale

Speed: rather deceptive, since Acuda is less linear. It is about as fast as O4A on fast attacking shots but often much slower on slow and midpower placement shots.

Tensor/Catapult: noticeably more pronounced on Acuda.

Control: pretty good on both, but better on O4A

Spin: better on Acuda for all strokes but fast loops

Sensitivity: better (less sensitive) for O4A

Flat game: slightly better for O4A

Looping: opening loops better for Acuda, counterlooping and fast loopkills - some advantage for O4A

Short game: about the same but O4A is a bit more predictable for me, produces less unexpected pushes into the net

Backhand game: O4A is better since usually people play more placement shots, pushes and placement shots on BH , and O4A beats Acuda there

I would recommend Acuda over O4A only to the players who are heavily spin-oriented and rarely do "soft" strokes on their FH (except an opening loop). I myself will definitely stick with Omega.

If you need a barely used sheet of Acuda S1 Turbo MAX (Black) for mere $20 (US-48), PM me plz.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 20:45 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
How are these 2 rubbers with the poly ball ?

Looking for replacement for Andro Rasant Powergrip
because Andro stopped producing it.

Love crispy hard feeling (rubber and sponge). Like Powergrip had.
And Medium low throw angle.

Thx

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!