OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 18:02 

Hi everyone! I'm playing with an old slow def blade, forehand tackiness C 1,9, bh meteor 8512 def 0,6. The tackiness is too old and I cand put spin on the boll, if it's dead, and its a very big problem as my opponent can loop very easily on a dead ball, I cant force him to play slow topspin I can handle. And if I change the side, I cant confuse my opponent so much because there is not a big difference between the pushing with the lp and puching with inverted

I tried the x-plode max on an allround blade, an I have to say it's almost the same es tenergy(and the rubber I treid was more then 1 year old!) I could do everything with the ball.

How about an 1,8 on the def blade? Have anyone tried something like that?

Greetings from Hungary

Bence

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 23:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Hi Bence,

Coming from a tackiness that is so worn out that it can't create spin, I think anything with tensor properties would probably seem like tenergy. But I seriously doubt Joola Express x-plode is truly like tenergy. If it was there would be a lot of people talking about the case. No matter though, if you liked it and it suits you then thats what matters. It may not have quite the punch it had for you on an allround blade, but putting it onto your old def blade is going to spruce up the feel of it in a big way I am sure.

8512 is a good reliable pip. I played with it for quite some time. I found pogo to have better properties to advance my game in terms of control, drive and less spin sensitivity. But I play on a fast OFF+ blade, so I suspect we have a different game and aim for our game progression.

Anyway, I doubt you could go wrong with putting that rubber on your blade if you already tried it and liked it, even on a slightly faster blade.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 23:44 

In our club, many peaple tried donic's versions for tenergy, stiga, and joola versions, and according to them, x-plode was the most similar, and according to mee, too :) (I have played acuda, too)

My style is chopper, between classical and modern(I like "fishing" with my fore, chop, and countertopspin)

I asked this question because of the blade, but because of the sponge, too(I have a bit difficulties in chopping with max) What do you think about a 1,8 after the max?

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 04:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

1.8 will definitely have more control than the max.

I haven't played with x-plode, so I can only take your word for its similarity with tenergy. I simply have not heard that before. Its a new one on me. ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 05:37 

That sounds good I hope I will kike it :)

Then you should try it if you have opportunity for free(friend, etc. ) :)

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 05:45 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

33333hhhhh wrote:
That sounds good I hope I will kike it :)

Then you should try it if you have opportunity for free(friend, etc. ) :)

I have never seen anyone with this rubber to be honest. Joola is not a highly popular rubber brand here. Some have Express 1 or 2, Tango and Energy, but that's about it. Anyway, I liked T64, but not so much T05. Hexer+ is more my style. I am interested in Hexer HD though! ;)

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 06:09 

Joola is not a popular brand here either, but everyone here like the x-plode :) Anyway, its the same(IMO) as the t64, not the t05

Unfortunatelly I have never tried hexer +... what is it like, which rubber is similar to it?

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2011, 02:49 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

If you want a replacement for Tackiness Chop You might want the Giant Dragon Submarine rubber. But if you want a TENERGY replacement, but slightly downgraded as you are changing from Tackiness Chop, the Galaxy Moon with a sofer sponge in 1.8 would do nicely. Moon Pro is the tackier variant of moon, which may be similar to Tackiness Chop a bit more than the non-tacky Moon.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2011, 02:58 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

33333hhhhh wrote:
Joola is not a popular brand here either, but everyone here like the x-plode :) Anyway, its the same(IMO) as the t64, not the t05

Unfortunatelly I have never tried hexer +... what is it like, which rubber is similar to it?

Funnily enough if I have to compare hexer+ it is also a little similar to T64, but a little lower throw and an ounce slower perhaps.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2011, 06:58 

ilikepie wrote:
If you want a replacement for Tackiness Chop You might want the Giant Dragon Submarine rubber. But if you want a TENERGY replacement, but slightly downgraded as you are changing from Tackiness Chop, the Galaxy Moon with a sofer sponge in 1.8 would do nicely. Moon Pro is the tackier variant of moon, which may be similar to Tackiness Chop a bit more than the non-tacky Moon.

I'd like to move towards the tensors because the tacki c is a really good defensive rubber, I need much more potencial in my game, and the tacki c only can chop and slow topspin

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2011, 07:18 
Super User

If it's potential you want, hexer hd you will get!

But seriously, nice rubber.

Acuda S1 Turbo is also good, but is REALLY heavy!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 04:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
havn`t tried the joola rubber but coming from tackiness c to a tenergy 05fx 1.7(blade defplay senso) i can make more backspin with less effort and the ball stays lower,topspin is much more spinny and penetrating,the tenergy is the best high throw rubber i have seen that pushes flat.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 22:17 

So you didnt notice any differences in spin between a t05 max and 1,8? Is the spin the same?(I dont know anything about the sponge certain function)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 01:07 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

The thicker the sponge the faster that particular rubber will be generally. Different designed sponges will act differently, but for the same sponge that only varies in thickness it should hold true. The less thickness there is in a sponge, while speed is reduced, control is increased. Different topsheets (softer, harder, thicker, thinner) will allow the sponge to come into function under different conditions. Generally the thicker the sponge, the more spin can be imparted when it kicks in also due to the ball being "held" for a fraction longer before it is repelled. A thinner sponge is more prone to "bottom out", which means the ball compresses the sponge so far that the blade and topsheet are virtually in contact. On a spinny loop when this happens, the spin is virtually eradicated, which is not a good thing obviously. A thicker sponge prevents this or makes it less likely to occur. That is the basic function of the sponge.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 02:23 

Thanks for answering :) I'm looking forward to try, then I can compare the spin on the 1,8+def blade with the spin on the max+all blade.