OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2012, 00:25 

Try Galaxy Venus 2. Spinniest rubber I have ever tried. And I've tried ALOT.. :D
Get black one and break it in for about 1 - 2 weeks. Unless if you get a bad batch, you can't go wrong if you want spin.
Geo spin tacky isn't that spinny, btw. Venus 2 is spinnier than T05, BlueFire, Globe 999, H2, H3 provi, nat, neo etc.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 23:05 
Super User

keme wrote:
haggisv wrote:
The original 729 Super FX is still one of the stickiest sheets around, and is quite cheap.

+1 to that. One that is stickier is the "three-nine" 999 rubber. It's not spinnier, though (not for me anyway). Spin capability comes from the rubber's grip on the ball, springiness of rubber and sponge, blade characteristics, and technique. The equation is not a trivial one.

E.g. if you have a fast wrist "snap" and a flexible blade, too much tack can work against the spin (you may be better off with little tackiness, perhaps even only mechanical friction).

Enjoy my old video of the Three Nine :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AzOdQ_eMU

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2012, 00:12 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Wow!!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2012, 10:25 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

There nine is the most tacky cheap rubber. It's also hard as a brick with almost zero pimple height and needs a very good looping blade to work. 729fx is a higher quality rubber, lots higher. Globe 999 is a better rubber than either of them though, not as tacky but better.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2012, 13:13 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
foam wrote:
There nine is the most tacky cheap rubber. It's also hard as a brick with almost zero pimple height and needs a very good looping blade to work. 729fx is a higher quality rubber, lots higher. Globe 999 is a better rubber than either of them though, not as tacky but better.

Get the 729 Super FX with Reactor sponge. Highly recommended by a good coach I know.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 23:51 
Super User

Brahms wrote:

Wow now that's tacky.

Just for clarification, I went to http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/ to look up that rubber.

Clicked on the Globe drop drown and they only list.. Globe 999, Globe 999 National, Globe 999T.

I think what you have is the Globe 999T. Is that right?
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/globe-999t.html

All three of those rubbers users haven't rated as super tacky, which surprises me. Maybe they are simply wrong. Am I looking at the right one? Or is your rubber not listed in their database? Thanks.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 23:59 
Super User

So I have been playing on the Neo Hurricane 3 for a little while now. I'd say I have about 20 or so hours on it.

My initial impression is that I like it. In the OP the person was looking for cheap, tacky rubbers. I used to play with GeoSpin Tacky ($14) and said in the past that I found it to not be as tacky as advertised.

Clearly DHS G666, Hurricane 3 (hit with both these for about 20 mins) & Neo Hurricane 3 are much more tacky. Given the difference and the amount of spin they can produce, I'd say it's well worth it to shell out just a few dollars more. So for me it's not even close.

The Neo Hurriane 3 is rock hard though. It's softening up but it's a bit of an adjustment for me. But very grippy. I wouldn't say any more grippy than the G666, or regular Hurricane 3 I with with a few weeks ago. So far I really like the DHS products I've tried.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 02:07 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Sounds like you just happened to get a hard H3 Neo. The commercial version sold outside China doesn't have hardness indication so you'll get a random hardness one each time. Another option is to find a seller who offers hardness selection if you want to get softer ones...

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 23:19 

suds79 wrote:
Brahms wrote:

Wow now that's tacky.

No, it's this one: http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1016
(not yet in tabletennisdb)

Anyway this DB does not work very well. You cannot see, with which rubbers people compared the rubbers they rated.
e.g. a player who used euro rubbers up to now, could rate palio as ultra tacky....

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 11:40 

I have read some intriguing things about the Three Nine- Super 999 - Blue Lucifer. Any more feedback on this one for my purposes?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 00:37 
Super User

I have very good souvenir from this rubber. Must be tuned to give more 'European' feeling.
Very spinny and not so hard...."if it's mega-tacky it's likely to be slower, and not as spinny on loops..."

Haggisv will tell you not as spinny as 999EN or some Juic 999 on slow loop because the surface is very very grippy and that stop the rotation. The cheap Three Nine Blue Lucifer has very tacky rubber .
It makes the rubber quite a bit slower on all strokes.
Master Haggisv said from from his experience that for loops, if a rubber is very tacky, it is NOT as spinny. This is ONLY for loops.

His theory is that the tack grips the ball upon release, and stops it's maximum spin. in many cases the real tacky ones are not as spinny.

Most tacky rubbers these days turn mildly tacky within a short time, which I think is beneficial for spin on loops.
The mild tack is still very helpful on other strokes, and makes it easier to get high spin on serves & pushes.

The 999EN is not only mildly tacky, but the topsheet is soft and very elastic, which is why I think it's ideal for maximum spin on loops.

My last concern is to know if the 999 or Three nine are as spinny as the Tenergy 05... but it's not the same price.

Brahms 8)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 06:31 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

fbrams wrote:
suds79 wrote:
Brahms wrote:
Wow now that's tacky.

No, it's this one: http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1016
I can do the same things with the ThreeNine 999 Super T, as well as the XiYing 999. Red and black are equally tacky, and it does not seem to wear off much. If used for an hour or so the tack is reduced some, but if you use protection sheets, all the tack is back within a day. I have had those on loaners for a couple of months, so not subjected to heavy use. Interesting to see how long the tack will hold...

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 11:12 

Is this comparable as well? If so, it is an insane deal.

http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1768

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 20:19 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Yes, I have those, as mentioned above.
I can confirm their claim to "outstanding adhesiveness" and "super control".
The sponge is not very lively, so "superior spin" and "extra speed" are exaggerations (at best).

As for the subject of this thread: Of the ones I have tried it qualifies as a "Most tacky cheap Chinese rubber" (but not the "spinniest cheap Chinese rubber" ; from my experience that may be the Mercury II).

999T are very good rubbers for a developing player, and quite good as a control rubber if you play some defense. I hear that it is also little influenced by humidity, though I have no personal experience to support that.
Collects dust easily so regular cleaning required. Let dry properly after cleaning before applying protection sheets.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2012, 04:30 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
foam wrote:

Get the 729 Super FX with Reactor sponge. Highly recommended by a good coach I know.

+1 to this.

After experimenting with several cheap, tacky rubbers, I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like the hard sponge that 90% of them all have. I felt they lacked touch & feel.

I've tried.

Friendship Geospin tacky, Hurricane 3 Neo, LKT Pro XT, RITC SP ULTRA tack, 729 Tackspeed.

Finally I got tired of picking one or the other. I wanted a tacky topsheet & soft sponge.

So I ordered a top sheet of the 729 FX and glued it to the Reactor Sponge (35 deg, max thickness). This is my favorite rubber to hit with thus far. I've never had a problem with lack of power so the ultimate feel & grip is just what the doctor ordered. ColesTT has a video demonstration on gluing a topsheet to a sponge if you've never done it. It's not that hard at all. Try it.

If you don't want to go to that extra trouble, LKT Pro XT has been my 2nd favorite rubber easily of the group above.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!