OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Victas Vs>401
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 23:02 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
HEy Guys, have anyone tried this rubber??

It says that its designed for the Agressive chopper, i think they mean modern defence.

But dont see any reviews...

The Pack Says
"FOR THE AGRESSIVE CHOPPER THE PIPS-IN RUBBER THAT KOJI MATSUSHITA, WHO REPRENSENTS THE WORLD, TESTED REPEATBLY TO PERFECT."

Any Infos are allways welcome

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Victas Vs>401
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 08:03 

I was just about to make a post asking the same question! I found a few reviews of it on a Japanese website:
http://tabletennis-review.com/victas/vi_rubber/vi_ura/vi_adhesive/vs401/

It's a bit hard to make sense of the reviews, due to the spotty translation, but judging by what I can glean from them and the scores the people gave it in various categories, it sounds like controlled modern defense rubber--soft sponge, medium topsheet, very stable for chopping and looping, loads of spin. Seems pretty nice. I'm a bit tempted to try it.

EDIT: The above is not actually correct. Google's translation function reversed some of the word ordering on the page, which I discovered when looking at it in more detail. It is apparently actually a pretty hard rubber, not soft. It is also reportedly quite heavy.

Google translation:
Quote:
Soft rubber sole emphasis on the rotational force of the cut man for aggressive

soft rubber man is born finally cut back the long-awaited. Developed by "GJ Tech" was the wisdom of Germany and Japan. Man cut the world's leading, Koji Matsushita repeat the test many times, soft rubber sole Good continued. Pursuing the stability of the cut thoroughly. Parabola was low and stable, cut that is sinking into the opponent's court emitted. The trajectory of the ball to achieve this ideal cut. In addition, the sheet that may produce the stability of the cut sticky, hard sponge produced by attack power.

Quote:
Although VS> 401 is often used primarily to cut man, I'd be happy to review the Jiuquan drive type, so from that perspective. First, there is a sticky, is not sticky enough to be felt. But I think, close to the adhesive in performance is represented in China rubber. I felt for the first time I paste is its weight. I think I feel even heavier than Tenaji and leopards and the like Kyo. With respect to the drive, low trajectory appears sharp. I think it's pretty hard for both the sheet, sponge. Speed ​​and distance are not out much. I'll be tough for use in Chu-jin. Counter can receive without problems and are less susceptible to the opponent's ball. I think the service is for those who are accustomed to the spin system of tension now, and I have a habit a little difficult. I do not take too much and not rub on the surface as an adhesive. Tsuttsuki regard it very easy to do. Tsuttsuki was put out stable cut low. I tend to do as well stop. However, there were several times that the ball would slip when trying to stop the cut off. Block was hard for me to do distance does not appear. Would be difficult, such as fish in Chu-jin batting. As rubber for attack, or it would not be below average compared with the tension of the moment and spin spin system due to lack of overall speed. I think sharp low trajectory is attractive, better to use a rubber adhesive, such as leopard NEO3 Then Kyo is good. In addition, the weight of this rubber for such attacks put a thick man dedicated to both sides if one side is cut Madashimo light man will choose to use quite human. I think rubber for use as cut man is still the best.

Quote:
- Rubber may hit] may protect
the balance of offense and defense that it is a rubber drive with power at Chu-jin is preeminently good can strike at any time before the cut is also, throw-in can be stably drive strength. Come and Try it! [Cut] back to me I stand firmly sprung off restraint at all and does not cut down, perpendicular to the drive. (Also I think you appreciate just hit one ball I'm sure), knuckle cut is effective against ease not know throw-in by using the elasticity of the sponge. The disadvantage may be hard to get used to people using the rubber bouncing usually because it does not bounce because that would short-circuit when you throw in the serve and (ball less power and rotation) drive weak not sent from me . However, I can be chopped from the first pitch will not be blown away shaking restraint. I will assemble the game easily swipe opponent by reducing the expansion of the game by this change. [Drive] is stable loop can strike if the strike as good because of the seat hook caught. In addition, a high-speed drive if you can hit to cause Kuikoma hit. There is no rubber this fall there was a leopard Kyo 2 that was used previously to hit halfway. Disadvantages I do not see at the moment. Tsuttsuki [] does not get caught in the bouncy seat is good, I felt comfortable to control or send off or (not cut) is. I was able to control the development of the game by yourself or invite the opponent's mistake, and can not be cut from the throw-in so you can swipe serve receive. [Serve] you can not bounce off restraint. I think stability is high even rub off restraint, but also serve like hit hit the knuckle. [Block] There is no sense because it does not blow up bounce as well. I think it is also reduced in the drive strength unless the wrong angle. [Other]  is heavy. It may be very weak and the people who are using the racket usually mild. You may also have an impact on the balance between the swing changes so heavy rubber underside. However, I think a single high worth using even if there is a risk such as these.

Quote:
At first I was surprised to momentum I had been using a rubber that does not bounce up before
an advantage it also become more familiar and easier to also control the cut
I'm the stability of the cut that is pushed in towards the manufacturer's It is amazing this is and get used to
it can send a cut deep cut and in the low trajectory for catching very good, affected but not as much as rubber high tack Although it is slightly adhesive you will find the angle when cut so until is was often his over- think services to about Taki fire C that I was using and cut hopefully cut well drive will stabilize so soft sheet sponge is hard really you will take well loop also caught so good as I said earlier smash is I think the speed of the top class in the rubber for cutting sponge hard and alive I purchased a 1.5mm yourself so focused defense enough speed came Tsuttsuki enters low terribly somehow got the net was applied to make the surface a ball net in high can I return the ball hard to take sharp thanks to price is slightly higher I think that a good man who cut the attack and is very good

Last edited by QuickDraw on 24 Oct 2012, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 11:46 

Wow Sounds really Temptimg....

but its kind expensive.. $54...
anyone can get this outside japan???

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 13:19 

manofan wrote:
Wow Sounds really Temptimg....

but its kind expensive.. $54...
anyone can get this outside japan???

I don't know of any non-Japanese sites that sell it. I may get a sheet, though. If I do, I'll be sure to post a review. ;)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 22:37 

Same here, If i get one i post a review here...
Thanks.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 02:48 

CORRECTION: Google Translate actually messed up some of the formatting of the page, which reversed some of the word order. Looking at the page more carefully, it's apparently not soft, but quite hard, and heavy.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2013, 22:10 

Hi guys , I just brought one from Japan, the back cover has a description of this rubber for a aggressive chopper. Pips of the slightly sticky top sheet are aligned sideways and softer, but the sponge is made hardened as much as possible. As a result of this combination, it has suppressed the bounce and strengthened the stability of the chop thoroughly. The chopped ball draws a low and stable arc ad bounce is minimized on the opponent' s court. At time of attack, you can control by yourself more easily and bring out your power. I'll tell you the picture after I have a hit with vs401.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 03:23 
Super User

I have used it on a Victas Matsushita blade in 1.8mm.
During multiball drills, I found it to be as advertised, able to loop well and giving good control in chopping.

If I had continued with an off the table shakehands chopping game, this is the
rubber I would pick over the many (very many) I have tried that claim to be good for this style.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 22:25 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
For those who already used it: is it some kind of tensor/powersponged rubber? In other words: does the rubber try to imitate a speedglued modern defensive rubber?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 03:16 

I Think all victas rubbers are TENSOR made in germany. the pimples and the inverted.
I Read in a interview that koji said that All products from TSP will be made in japan, and the victas will be from japan and germany.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 06:13 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
For those who already used it: is it some kind of tensor/powersponged rubber? In other words: does the rubber try to imitate a speedglued modern defensive rubber?

Victas 401 is made in Germany and has a very light tensor feel to it.
By that I mean there is some feeling of a small extra snap or kick of the ball off the rubber when looping, but I rate it a mild kick.

As to imitating a speed glued feeling, it doesn't feel like that to me, but in my opinion,
the all out looping tensors don't feel like speed glue either.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 09:27 
Joo Too
Joo Too

fleetwood999 wrote:
Lorre wrote:

By that I mean there is some feeling of a small extra snap or kick of the ball off the rubber when looping, but I rate it a mild kick.

As to imitating a speed glued feeling, it doesn't feel like that to me, but in my opinion,

Thx for the reply, fleet. It was that kick I was talking about... How do you rate speed vs. spin? Is it more sppedy than spinny or the other way around? Or are they holding each other in balance?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 09:28 
Joo Too
Joo Too

manofan wrote:
I Think all victas rubbers are TENSOR made in germany. the pimples and the inverted.
I Read in a interview that koji said that All products from TSP will be made in japan, and the victas will be from japan and germany.

Thx for the reply, mano.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 13:57 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
fleetwood999 wrote:
Lorre wrote:

Thx for the reply, fleet. It was that kick I was talking about... How do you rate speed vs. spin? Is it more sppedy than spinny or the other way around? Or are they holding each other in balance?

I'd rate it quite even on spin/speed. Very balanced and controllable.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 19:55 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Might try it in the midseason then, but at the moment I'm (again) quite hooked to my Tenergy64. My current setup just feels so natural to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next