OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2012, 12:08 

Here is it: The new rubber of Vladimir Samsonov!

TIBHAR Evolution

There are 4 versions of this great japanese rubber:

Evolution FX-P
Evolution EL-P
Evolution MX-P
Evolution MX-S

It is a honour for me, that I am able now since 2 weeks to play with the Evolution rubbers. But to be honest, it was not my achievement, but rather the success of my son.

My son is a talented young player. No chance to become world class, and also little bit to weak to have a chance for ITTF hope project, because the competitors are stronger. Hongkong player Hung Ka Tak is much stronger than my son and also young player from other countries are very strong, for example Jha Kanak (USA). I also saw strong boys from Europe like romanian boy Cristian Pletea or all those young french players like Irvin Bertrand, Joe Seyfried, Nolan Givone or Alexandre Cassin. If we compare my son with those players, ok, then he is a second rate player, but skilled enough to win versus the most other players in his age.

My son was using as Butterfly player for a long time Butterfly Korbel SK7 blade with Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 05-FX (backhand). He had the possibility to try Tibhar Evolution rubber in May, because many professional players changed in 2012 to Evolution rubber and my son felt confident from the first time when was using this Evolution rubbers.

My son told me, that he had with Evolution rubber the same spin like Tenergy 05, but even though the Evolution is faster (like a boostered Tenergy), he had more control and more possibilities. Tenergy is good for loops, but it is not the best rubber for block or smash. Evolution rubber is on the same level like Tenergy, if you play loops, but the opinion of my son and me and many players who changed to Evolution is, that Evolution is better when playing all other techniques, marvelous in service-return and short-short, first-class when playing flip or first-ball-attack (loop, topspin) on chops or underspin-service.
My son whined and lamented several weeks, that he want to change from Butterfly to Tibhar, until then I called Tibhar and asked, if there would be the chance, that they would take him under contract, if he finishes with Butterfly, because he is crazy for this Evolution rubber.
Tibhar agreed and we finished with Butterfly. We were flying to Denmark and did travel to Herning to European Championships, meet there Tibhar and signed a contract starting from 2012/2013.

My son did not remember, which version of Evolution rubber he tried in May, so he got 2 different types of Evolution rubber, FX-P and MX-P, and we got also some rubbers for me as coach.

We got:

6 x Evolution FX-P black
6 x Evolution FX-P red
6 x Evolution MX-P black
6 x Evolution MX-P red
1 x Evolution EL-P black test-rubber (official allowed 01.01.2013)
1 x Evolution MX-S red test-rubber (official allowed 01.01.2013)
some new blades

My son is using now Evolution MX-P black (forehand) and Evolution FX-P red (backhand), blade is now Tibhar Illusion Killer. (before: Tenergy 05, Tenergy 05-FX and blade Korbel SK7)

I am using now Evolution MX-S red / MX-P red (forehand) and Evolution MX-P black (backhand), blade is still Butterfly Boll ALC (I did not yet try a new blade of Tibhar and to be honest: I am not the best friend of Tibhar blades). My rubbers before: Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 64 (backhand).

I made a photo of some of the rubbers. I think it could be from interest for you to see one of the first photos of those rubbers (attachment).

In Denmark we saw many players using now Evolution rubbers, for example Vladimir Samsonov, Tiago Apolonia, a french player (I don´t know the name), some belgium players (Nuytinck and Devos), Silbereisen and Samara and also 2-3 players who normally should not play with Evolution rubbers, because they are not under contract at Tibhar.

Samsonov is the most friendly world class player I ever saw. He donated one of his used Evolution rubbers to my son and wrote his autograph on his racket-case.

I spoke some minutes with Tiago Apolonia after match versus hungarian and it was very interesting to speak with him: He told me, that it makes for him no difference of using Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Evolution rubber, which is the first rubber for him, which is on the same high level. For him the most important thing is, that he gots hard rubbers! It depends on the production-serial, sometimes Tenergy 05 is harder, sometimes his Evolution rubber and he uses that one, which is harder. He said to me, that he have from time to time the same problems like many other professional players, that sometimes the rubbers are to soft.

I don´t know, if you have some questions about the Evolution rubbers? Feel free to ask me! If I knew, I would answer.

To come to the end, me and my son - as longtime Tenergy players - can say, that the new Tibhar Evolution rubbers are the best rubbers we´ve ever played. Evolution is like a spin-machine, very high-quality japanese surface with this famous red-orange power sponge. Same spin like Tenergy 05, but more dynamic. Maybe speed is on the same level, if you use two times booster or tuner with the Tenergy.

My opionion is: Tenergy and Evolution will rule the world! In my opinion, there are no other rubbers who could compete with these two high-end-rubbers. The latest rubbers from germany, Donic Bluefire, Tibhar 1Q and 5Q, andro rasant, et cetera, they are good, but they are reaching not this high level like Tenergy and Evolution, especially regarding the spin and the demands and requirements what professional players need!

my rating and description of Tibhar Evolution rubbers:

FX-P is the softest version of Evolution rubbers, for all players who used a rubber like Tenergy 05-FX.

EL-P is a medium-sponge version for all players, who don´t want to play with a soft rubber, but cannot play with a hard rubber.

MX-P is a hard-sponge version for players who want to have power with shorter movement-technique or need speed without having the best hand- & arm-acceleration. The own catapult of the MX-P version is a little bit higher than the MX-S version, so the speed, maximum-spin and power comes more from the included power of the rubber and you need not so much acceleration of your body (it is not necessary to "activate" the rubber, because it has more build-in-catapult, so you can produce the same spin and power with a shorter and slower technique).

MX-S is a hard-sponge version for players who have a good hand- & arm-acceleration and have a little bit longer movement-technique. The own catapult of the MX-S version is a little bit less than the MX-P version, so the speed, maximum-spin and power comes more from your acceleration of your body (you "activate" the rubber with your longer and faster technique).

Where to buy / availability: I don´t know, when it will be possible to buy these rubbers worldwide. Tibhar told me in Denmark at European Championships, that they thought a long time about selling these rubbers on the public market or only to supply their sponsored players, because the Evolution rubbers are "pro player versions" (you can see this inscription on all Evolution rubbers).
They made the decision, that they only will launch the Evolution rubbers to the market, if they will be able to sell these pro player versions to all customers worldwide. They said, that they don´t want to sell normal products to customers worldwide and give their professional sponsered players special pro-versions, but they want really guarantee, that all players on the world could play the same Evolution rubbers like their sponsered players.
The idea and developement was born a long time ago and after some time it was possible to produce a minor amount of high-end rubbers, but it took much more time, to manage to produce enough high-end rubbers in mass production for a global sale.
In 2012 they managed this and if I understood correctly, the rubbers are now available in asia. For example here:

FX-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1379

EL-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1378

MX-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1377

MX-S: I think it will be launched later in 2013, because they cannot produce 4 Evolution versions at the same time for a worldwide demand.

The rubbers are now on the way from Japan to Europe and USA by sea freight. It could maybe took 2 months, until the rubbers will arrive there and will be on stock in the shops in Europe and USA. Maybe Tibhar will also order some Evolution rubbers in Japan by air cargo, then some Evolutions would be available earlier, but this can not be a large amount.
But I don´t know 100%, I only spoke with Tibhar at European Championships, when we signed the contract for my son. If you want to be sure, better you contact Tibhar directly: http://store.tibhar.com/en/Legal-information/

Attachments:
tibhar-evolution-rubbers.jpg
tibhar-evolution-rubbers.jpg [ 197.74 KiB | Viewed 14952 times ]

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2012, 23:26 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Nexy president (the Korean distributor for Tibhar) gave me a sheet of MP-X (the Uber hard sponged version) to test out. I have used it a few weeks and agree that it plays much like a faster, spinnier version of Tibhar Aurus. I agree that this rubber does it all very well. Kinda plays like T64, but more spin/speed.

I do not have to change my strokes at all coming from Aurus, I am just a little more destructive using MX-P.

This is my TBS with Evolution MP-X weighing in at a touch under 200 grams, right where I like my bat weight.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2012, 06:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
THanks for all the information Walee76! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2012, 23:01 

I haven't heard much moar buzz about Evolution. I have taken it off teh TBS and it is awaiting the post office to open next week to mail to longtime forum member and USATT 1600 level Bogeyhunter. Anyone believing Bogey is 1600ish can buy future Arizona beachfront property before California falls off into the sea after the next impending large earthquake.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 23:50 
The French ConnecTTion

Rubbers in stock at Nexy!

Cheers,
Ma'man

Blade : TSP Toccata Carbon Def
FH : Shark II 33° 2mm Black
BH : Octopus Ox red

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 00:13 

Mail Office finally opened up and one well used sheet is strapped to the back of a jet fighter or a sea turtle making its way to Bogeyhunter...

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 04:30 

200 grams, ... wow. Please tale us blades weight. Thank you. Of course if you have information.... tale us sheet size and uncut weight. Thank you very much.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2012, 08:15 

200gr is much. I think his blade has 95 gr plus grip-tape (maybe 5 gr extra?).

I saw some new informations: the Evolution rubbers are now also sold in Europe and in January there will be the worldwide release in all other countries. :sun:

I am still very happy with my Evolution rubbers, the Tenergy rubbers are for me a thing of the past. My son is also still very happy. :up:

Here are some weights in original package:

MX-P 2.1 = 112,5 gr

MX-P 1.9 = 111 gr

MX-P 1.7 = 109,5 gr

EL-P 2.1 = 111,5 gr

EL-P 1.9 = 109 gr

EL-P 1.7 = 108 gr

FX-P 2.1 = 105 gr

FX-P 1.9 = 104 gr

FX-P 1.7 = 102 gr

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012, 19:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Do the rubbers feel heavy Walee76? Most of the latest generation rubbers feel really heavy, which can be a problem for some, especailly when used on both sides.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012, 04:42 

The MX-P is heavy like Tenergy 05, the EL-P is not so heavy and the FX-P is lighter.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012, 14:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thank you! :up:

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012, 21:21 

MX-P was right up my alley, Heavy with a capital H. Gotta luv it.

Bogeyhunter has the sheet i had and so far, all Ican get out of him is that the rubber is fast.maybe he is still waiting for the space shuttle to retrieve him from the stratosphere before he makes more complete comments.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012, 22:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The MX-P and PX-S sound interesting to me...could well be another alternative to T05.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 09:45 

Evolution is no Tenergy, even if it plays kinda like a juicier and harder T64. It is closer to a better, faster, spinnier Aurus. Plain ole hard sponged Aurus works for me and MX-P more so. Will I pay $60 USD for it? prolly not, even with a nice discount, maybe not when Aurus plays great and I can get it for $33 USD a sheet.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 03:38 

haggisv wrote:
The MX-P and PX-S sound interesting to me...could well be another alternative to T05.

Der_Echte wrote:
Evolution is no Tenergy, even if it plays kinda like a juicier and harder T64. It is closer to a better, faster, spinnier Aurus. Plain ole hard sponged Aurus works for me and MX-P more so. Will I pay $60 USD for it? prolly not, even with a nice discount, maybe not when Aurus plays great and I can get it for $33 USD a sheet.
Anyone should have his own opinion. In my opinion MX-P is the much better alternative to T05 than Aurus and above all a different type of rubber. And I think, that the most players would feel big differences, if the try Evolution MX-P in direct comparison with Aurus.

MX-P and maybe for some players also EL-P could be a great alternative to Tenergy 05. My son and me are still very happy:

Walee76 wrote:

My son was using as Butterfly player for a long time Butterfly Korbel SK7 blade with Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 05-FX (backhand). He had the possibility to try Tibhar Evolution rubber in May, because many professional players changed in 2012 to Evolution rubber and my son felt confident from the first time when was using this Evolution rubbers.

My son told me, that he had with Evolution rubber the same spin like Tenergy 05, but even though the Evolution is faster (like a boostered Tenergy), he had more control and more possibilities. Tenergy is good for loops, but it is not the best rubber for block or smash. Evolution rubber is on the same level like Tenergy, if you play loops, but the opinion of my son and me and many players who changed to Evolution is, that Evolution is better when playing all other techniques, marvelous in service-return and short-short, first-class when playing flip or first-ball-attack (loop, topspin) on chops or underspin-service.

My son is using now Evolution MX-P black (forehand) and Evolution FX-P red (backhand), blade is now Tibhar Illusion Killer. (before: Tenergy 05, Tenergy 05-FX and blade Korbel SK7)

I am using now Evolution MX-S red / MX-P red (forehand) and Evolution MX-P black (backhand), blade is still Butterfly Boll ALC (I did not yet try a new blade of Tibhar and to be honest: I am not the best friend of Tibhar blades). My rubbers before: Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 64 (backhand).

To come to the end, me and my son - as longtime Tenergy players - can say, that the new Tibhar Evolution rubbers are the best rubbers we´ve ever played. Evolution is like a spin-machine, very high-quality japanese surface with this famous red-orange power sponge. Same spin like Tenergy 05, but more dynamic. Maybe speed is on the same level, if you use two times booster or tuner with the Tenergy.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!