OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: XIOM Sigma II Pro review
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 17:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I checked out a sheet of this before I was glued onto someone's blade. The sponge felt fairly firm... XIOM rates it at 47.5. I measured 54 on my sponge hardness table. The topsheet felt really soft, had a bit of a shine, and felt extremely grippy.

Don't know how it performs... has anyone tried it yet?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 07:10 

i use a sigma II euro on my BH, and i know a guy who uses a SIIpro on his FH with a SIIE on the BH!

he said that the sIIpro is a bit too fast and low throw(combined with his blade, boll tricarbon :P )for him to handle! he switched to an omega IV pro and hes more happier with it!(still uses the sIIE on the BH though) hes a pretty good player! really expeienced too!

but yea! i guess, combined with a flexier blade(almost anything will be more flexier than a boll tricarbon i guess :P ) SIIpro should be really good!
its topsheet is the same i suppose, soft, elastic, grippy( not too spin sensitive though) and extreeeemmmely durable!!!
and yea, the topsheet does lose its matte glazed look after a week or two, but it still plays amazingly well!

hope i helped! :angel: i didnt see any replies for this post, soo i thought ill chime in ! :D

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 12:43 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
Out of all the Xiom rubbers the Sigma rubbers are just about my least favorite. They play like alot of Joola rubbers that are quick, insensitive to incoming spin, spins the ball pretty well, and has a pretty low throw. I do think its a relatively suitable backhand rubber I just didn't care for them at all in the least.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 20:57 

I'm currently using the SIIPro on my BH. What I've encountered with it so far is that the throw is perfect for my newly aquired banana-flick and also the usual drives. It was also atleast for me excellent in looping and BH-smashing. Spinwise it's above my half-oxidized(Lying on a Joola K5 for the past 4 months without cover... freaking littlesisters who don't know the value of things :swear:) and 1,5 month used T05(black). Speedwise it's a bit above the T05, however my T05's are 2.1mm and the SIIPro is Max.

Out of the box it comes with a really redish topsheet with lots of grip, as in you can feel the grip in it so not grippy like the new Tour-series from Stiga. As it's grippy I thought it might be a bit spin-sensitive, but as far as I've seen I can pretty much do anything I want with it and get away with it. Even chopping like I would with LP/SP, but this might just be me!

Control on it is more than good enough, better than my old T64, but worse than my DHS TinArc3(not really tensor-ish, but more like good sponge without the extra 'pling')

And these are with an OSP Expert, so basically as you know a more flexy blade than the Boll.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2013, 14:31 

Tjafsaren wrote:
Speedwise it's a bit above the T05, however my T05's are 2.1mm and the SIIPro is Max.

I've just got S11Pro(black) + S11E(red) both max/2.0 Not yet glued to my balsa carbon blade which performed nice mid and away from table using Omega 1V Euro's. They were both over a year old and lost a bit of zing (softer sponge). I then replaced the black with a Palio wildish dragon (black) hardest sponge ever! and quite tacky! on the forehand for better close to table defense and opening loop attack. I'm now hoping the black ESP11 will perform well on forehand. The ESP11 is rated slower than the ESE11 and also feels a little tack as many blacks do (the shiny cardboard cover has a slight tack against the rubber). ESP11 is also rated higher precision and suited close-mid table strategy. Euro is rated close to beyond mid table strategy.

I'm very impressed with the look and feel of these rubbers with firm sponge and elastic gripy topsheets. I'm guessing and hoping the black SP11 will have a higher slower throw on loops but extra fast smash and spin off-table, side spin drives.

Tricky1.#112: Balsa carbon; Xiom Sigma Pro/Euro.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 13:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I'm testing Sigma II Pro max black vs Donic S1 Turbo max black. More later.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 06:35 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hm, only a 4 year necro...blame it on the search engine :lol:

is any one still playing with this rubber or have played and can compare it to omega V asia and maybe omega china?

i am currently playing with xiom omega china and searching for a faster, same spin or spinier rubber...

merry xmass and a happy new year! :party:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.