OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 10:26 
Super User

PRW wrote:
Hey PK, read this review of Domination by Greg .... http://tabletennis.about.com/od/rubberreviews/a/domination.htm

Hey PRW

Yes, I did come across that review while trawling through the internet researching FH chopping rubbers.
What a cheesy artwork for a rubber! :D Dr Neubauer must have got a 4-year old child to do the drawing!
Aside from that, the rubber sounds definitely worth checking out given both Pinkewich and Greg Letts recommends it.
I've already got a sheet of Tackiness Chop 1.9mm which I will be gluing on to my Victas Koji Matsushita blade...but if that doesn't work out, the Neubauer Domination will be a definite possible option...another possibility in my mind is the TSP triple spin chop.

Looking forward to Darwin and the aussie vets!

PK

Last edited by poor_knight on 18 Jul 2013, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 11:48 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
yes, Darwin should be good - not sure what sort of style you will be by then! :lol: I will be 050 this year, so may not play you....

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 17:21 

poor_knight wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:
For me, the Victas VS>401 is the best combination so far as offensive weapon while still being controllable at chopping strokes. I feel it to be somewhere in the middle between springy tensors and dead chinese rubbers. It gives a ton of spin and since it is a rather hard rubber without pronounced bounciness, it is also very well controllable.

The only downside is, that the rubber is really heavy as it has a very dense sponge. I have it in 2.0 on the Victas Koji Matsushita and I am loving it :)

My friend bought Victas VS 401 (I think 2.0mm). He is a long time chopper and has far better FH chopping technique than me. In the past he has used Tackiness Chop (1.7 and 1.9mm) and found the Victas to be much faster. He said it was much easier to attack with but too difficult to chop with. I had a quick hit with it myself and found it a very spinny rubber, great for serves and quite comfortable for looping as well... My impression is that it is more on the offensive end of the spectrum of FH chopping rubbers - maybe like the Xiom Yanus (which I used and didn't like).

Definitely true what you are saying. I am coming from the other direction, namely springy off rubbers like Rakza 7 soft. For me, the 401 is much better to handle for chopping while still having enough power for attacks. As FH loops are a big part of my game, I wouldn't use a rubber like Tackiness C.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 11:23 
Super User

Rewan 2 ( I think that was his name??) gave a really good reply. I think you could mine this post for quite some time.

The problem with a thin sponge is that you won't be able to counter-loop or even counterhit with it. I used Triple Spin Chop but, as for attacking, the only possibility was brush looping slower balls. The sponge bottoms out too quickly. So, keep that in mind. I'm talking about below 1.5. This and above should be fine.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tenergy 64. It's much easier to chop with than Tenergy 05. It has a much lower throw when chopping. 64 is also awesome for pushing heavy FH returns back. 05 is unreliable for pushing.

At any rate, I know your question exactly, b/c I asked it also for years! And there's not a rock solid answer, you just have to experiment and find what works. Hope you got some cash! :)

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 01:18 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
As things have changed so much in spin generation with the poly ball I would like to revisit this thread on Tensor rubbers for chopping and slow looping on def+ type blades whilst still having plenty of speed for fast attacks.

I currently use Xiom Musa 1 on my all+ TSP balsa it is very linear but it is too slow on Def+ blades and not that spinny. xiom Vega Europe has enough top speed but is a bit bouncy and again lacks spin on the poly ball.

With lots of new rubber just out, I am wondering about.

Xiom Vega Asia df 1.8
Xiom intro 1.8
Xiom omega Europe 1.8
Butterfly Rosena 1.7
Tsp Regalis blue 1.5 or 2.0

I also like to fast block/counter hit on the fh which Musa is great at.

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 12:42 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
ChasFox wrote:
As things have changed so much in spin generation with the poly ball I would like to revisit this thread on Tensor rubbers for chopping and slow looping on def+ type blades whilst still having plenty of speed for fast attacks.

I currently use Xiom Musa 1 on my all+ TSP balsa it is very linear but it is too slow on Def+ blades and not that spinny. xiom Vega Europe has enough top speed but is a bit bouncy and again lacks spin on the poly ball.

Xiom Vega Asia df 1.8
Xiom intro 1.8
Xiom omega Europe 1.8
Butterfly Rosena 1.7

I've gone through a ton... and have returned to the tackiness chop 1.9! I get the best control and spin from it with the greatest consistency. My real issue now is that my opponents don't bother trying to loop the majority of my chops... so I wonder if using something else might benefit my play since I'm left either attacking or having push contests so often.

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 18:24 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
skilless_slapper wrote:
ChasFox wrote:

Xiom Vega Asia df 1.8
Xiom intro 1.8
Xiom omega Europe 1.8
Butterfly Rosena 1.7

I've gone through a ton... and have returned to the tackiness chop 1.9! I get the best control and spin from it with the greatest consistency. My real issue now is that my opponents don't bother trying to loop the majority of my chops... so I wonder if using something else might benefit my play since I'm left either attacking or having push contests so often.

True.

And that force me to come and attack, in which Tack C not help. :cry:

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 00:12 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
BeGo wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
ChasFox wrote:

Xiom Vega Asia df 1.8
Xiom intro 1.8
Xiom omega Europe 1.8
Butterfly Rosena 1.7

True.

And that force me to come and attack, in which Tack C not help. :cry:

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Yep... tackiness chop feels pretty mushy, and if you plan to do regular attacks (loops/drives mainly) then you're normally left doing the slow loop variety. More of a spin attack than a speed attack. Still enough to get the job done, though not nearly as good as something like tenergy.

For classical defenders, I think the tackiness chop is wonderful. Slow, controlled, and spinny. I can still attack with TC, but more of my misses go into the net than I'd like. Perhaps I just need to practice more with it and utilize a bit more power when going offensive.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 21:48 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
For classical defenders, I think the tackiness chop is wonderful. Slow, controlled, and spinny. I can still attack with TC, but more of my misses go into the net than I'd like. Perhaps I just need to practice more with it and utilize a bit more power when going offensive.

That sounds like hard work! Have you tried Dr N's Domination mentioned above? It sounds like a good option for some extra offensive power without sacrificing much in the way of spin and control, especially if you started with 1.2 or 1.5mm. A much cheaper alternative that I'm trialling is Spinlord’s Marder II. Plenty of spin and control and decent speed (at least compared to Tack C!) and feels quite nice to chop with.

Whatever your level it’s a challenge to find the right rubber for both chopping and heavy top spin since it inevitably requires trade-offs and there are lots of variables.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 23:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i use tac c in 1.9-i try and hit/loop with it aswell.i like the control on the defplay with this-i keep trying faster f/h rubbers but usually come back to this.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2019, 07:38 

Blade: Hallmark combi
FH: Hurricane 2 red side
BH: Curl P1 r .5. black side
I play an old sheet of stiga chop and drive/neo anti on a very old stiga def blade by stellan bengtsson. My other set up on a light combi blade is hurricane 2, paired with tsp curl p1r in point 5 sponge. So, best forehand chopper ? Out of my set ups it's gotta be the curl p1. Ahhhh such a lovely feel and pace changer. Oodles of control (subject to good technique).
Reverse is harder to chop with as rev usually reacts more to the incoming spin whereas pips control/ adapt /manipulate spin giving a clear advantage. Although as a variation, and exreme spinny chops, a sticky/tacky rev with medium thickness sponge are super.