OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2020, 18:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've tried these two rubbers, and they're clearly the fastest rubbers I've ever used. Tons of grip, high throw for lifting backspin and tons of power!

Looking for a few good reviewers, so if anyone is interested and has some experience reviewing rubbers, let me know.

You can read a review here of the Omega VII Hyper and the Vega X here.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2020, 19:39 

Vega X have natural topsheet like Vega Pro?

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 02:59 
Super User

I'm curious, does the Hyper have a different topsheet than the Asia and Pro?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 13:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I can't answer that, I don't have those rubbers handy to compare.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 14:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
I've tried these two rubbers, and they're clearly the fastest rubbers I've ever used. Tons of grip, high throw for lifting backspin and tons of power!

Looking for a few good reviewers, so if anyone is interested and has some experience reviewing rubbers, let me know.

Sounds like just the sort of rubber I need to try in my quest to find a rubber so fast and spinny that I can't handle it. How do they compare to Tenergy 05?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 19:06 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Sounds like just the sort of rubber I need to try in my quest to find a rubber so fast and spinny that I can't handle it. How do they compare to Tenergy 05?

Iskandar

I only have the Asia and Pro, to me the topsheet is slightly grippier than Tenergy (almost but not quite tacky feeling). Asia has some oomph behind it, but I found the Pro rather slow, even compared to older ESNs like Xplode and Hexer HD.

At the end of the day, all rubbers are dampening material, no way around that, just how one dampens less than another. Also, just about all inverted rubbers are grippy enough to completely "stop" the ball. So finding something so fast and spinny is futile.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 19:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

iskandar taib wrote:
How do they compare to Tenergy 05? Iskandar

Definitely faster by a considerably amount.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 01:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

lasta wrote:
I only have the Asia and Pro, to me the topsheet is slightly grippier than Tenergy (almost but not quite tacky feeling). Asia has some oomph behind it, but I found the Pro rather slow, even compared to older ESNs like Xplode and Hexer HD.

At the end of the day, all rubbers are dampening material, no way around that, just how one dampens less than another. Also, just about all inverted rubbers are grippy enough to completely "stop" the ball. So finding something so fast and spinny is futile.

While you can't actually put more energy into the ball than was provided by the impact, I don't subscribe to the idea that rubbers are just dampeners. Compared to what? Bare wood? Why can you hit and loop balls harder with thicker sponge than with thin sponge? There are those who claim rubber isn't elastic enough to "bounce back in time", but I'd want some actual (e.g. photographic) evidence. They say it's the ball bouncing back, not the rubber. Well, explain why solid rubber balls bounce so well, though. As far as producing spin.. it isn't enough that a rubber be grippy enough to "stop" the ball, a spinnier rubber would be one that deforms when it stops the ball. Then it springs back, adding additional rotational velocity to the ball when the ball comes off the rubber. You'd get more spin than would be produced by the tangential velocity of the rubber hitting the ball alone.

FF to 3:04.

Yes, this is an argument we've had here on the forum more than once in the past. What's lacking with all this theorizing is actual evidence.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 02:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
How do they compare to Tenergy 05? Iskandar

Definitely faster by a considerably amount.

Maybe I should target one of these as my next "expensive" rubber. I've never bought Xiom before, mainly because they're so pricey. I notice Vega X is already on TT11, but Omega VII Hyper isn't yet. Vega X isn't the most expensive Xiom rubber, either. Will go have a look at PreSports.. they're down the road from where I work and they're a Xiom dealer.

Which of the two would be the better if my purpose is to find an unusably fast and spinny rubber? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 02:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Haggis Which blade are you testing them on?curious how they play on slower def blades

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 06:43 

haggisv wrote:

Maybe pick iskandar as a reviewer. He has done a bit of those entry level rubbers reviews. I know that is not same experience bracket as yogi or ttdan, but that would be an interesting take.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 10:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Er, if you look at my previous posts reviewing rubbers you'd see I'd make a terrible reviewer.. :lol:

From reading the two reviews.. the Omegas are aimed at higher skilled players, while the Vegas are aimed at beginners and intermediate players. Is this correct? If so I'd probably buy an Omega. And it seems the Omega has incredibly hard (55 and 60 degree) sponge, and a very short-pips topsheet - sounds like Nexy Karis and MX-K in theory at least.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 11:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

dazzler wrote:
Haggis Which blade are you testing them on?curious how they play on slower def blades

I've tried it on a Xiom Musa Off- blade and a TSP Trinity carbon. The Vega X actually felt faster compare the Omega VII Hyper when they were both on the Xiom blade. The Hyper feels harder and is less bouncy.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 23:21 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
How Hyper compared vs Fastarc G-1:

-More or less spin?
-More or less grip?
-Low or high arc?
-More or less speed?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 02:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

My guess is these are a lot faster than Fastarc G-1, since NOTHING is faster than Tenergy 05 other than Bryce Speed, but these are.. :lol:

Ah...

https://presports.com/35-pimple-in#/man ... ble_tennis

Looking previously on TT11, the Vegas were considerably cheaper than the Omega VIIs. The Omega VIIs were a little under 50 Euro, the Vegas were slightly under or slightly over 30. I'm relieved to find they're a lot cheaper (at least for me) on Presports - the Vegas are around RM130-140 (except some are now on sale for a little less than RM120). Vega X is, unfortunately, RM150 (I forget what the Euro is in RM, something like 4.5 I think, so this is cheap - but then again TT11's prices probably includes VAT, so I'd be able to take a substantial discount because VAT wouldn't apply to me). Most of the Omega VIIs are around RM160. Omega VII Hype IS listed, but there's no price, which probably means it's not exactly for sale just yet. Clicking on the item, it's RM280. Wonder what the price would be. For comparison, Tenergy 05 is RM300, which means Hype ain't cheap enough yet, maybe I should try Tenergy 05 first. MX-P is RM153 by the way.

So I guess I'll wait and see. Maybe I'll wait a year to try a sheet, prices will likely drop a few months after introduction, plus it might go on sale. With Presports, I can order the rubber, then drive down the road, park in front and they'll actually run the stuff down to the parking lot! :lol: (Or.. I'm going to Chiang Mai next week, might buy it there, even though it'd probably cost a little more...)

Iskandar