OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014, 15:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ahah.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 25214.html

More like $9.60 including shipping. Might try this in the future.

But what the heck is "Exonsor"?? :lol: Tensor, Exonsor, Biotech, Tension, Max Tense... everyone has to have a gimmick these days..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014, 15:46 
The King

iskandar taib wrote:
Ahah.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 25214.html

More like $9.60 including shipping. Might try this in the future.

But what the heck is "Exonsor"?? :lol: Tensor, Exonsor, Biotech, Tension, Max Tense... everyone has to have a gimmick these days..

Iskandar

On the German eBay 2 pieces for 8,80 euro or 4 pieces for 18 euro(yes that is more expensive), before there were offers there of 10 pieces for 30 euro. Still cheap on eacheng but shipping cost are somewhat high(10 piece $33 + shipping). I did not check the shipping cost but I guess it will be around $1,50 each so eacheng would still be the cheapest option.

http://m.ebay.de/itm/301153595512?nav=SEARCH
http://m.ebay.de/itm/201071577361?nav=SEARCH
http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=2837

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014, 16:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If the cost including shipping is around $5 from Eacheng (10 sheets), then it falls within my price range for "training rubber" - ;) That link I put in above is Eacheng's store on AliExpress. The nice thing about this rubber (compared to other cheap rubber like 729, 868, 999, T88 and Corbor) is that it's available in a wide variety of sponge thicknesses. The only other one I've seen is 729 Batwings.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 May 2014, 22:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Yes, this rubber is inexpensive. I have glued about 15 bats for various players in the clubs I play in (mostly lower level players), and most of the rubbers have been this Dawei 2008 superpower, which is a medium speed rubber. (it has a fairly hard feel) BUT most of the rubbers I have glued have been 1.5mm and it is very good for looping at that thickness. At 2.0 or 2.2mm this rubber feels quite heavy. Heavier than most Friendship 729 products. This rubber has more spin than the various 729s.

PostPosted: 02 May 2014, 08:40 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
XP 2008 S.P. is still a great BH rubber. I never use it for FH, I am too picky there, it is Aurus or FX-P. Control is there with 2008 and you simply cannot beat the price/durability of this rubber. I get it in 40 degree hardness that sometimes varies, only had 2 bad sheets out of the nearly 100 sheets I have bought. I can load up the spin with it.

I recently went to Walmart to get 4 each $3.50 USD bats with OX SP. I peeled off the SP rubber surprisingly easily, took 10 minutes per side to get rid of glue (usually takes hours) and slapped on old sheets of XP 2008, whatever I had handy, or a new sheet of XP 2008 or 999. I made 4 bats at a cost of $4, $12, $15, and $18 per bat. These ended up being ALL- to ALL speed control setups perfect for a dude wanting to step up to a real bat. 4 Soldeirs now have their own bat to bring to the USO for lunchtime TT battles. They are proud of their own bats now.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 02 May 2014, 10:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Der_Echte said:
Quote:
I recently went to Walmart to get 4 each $3.50 USD bats with OX SP. I peeled off the SP rubber surprisingly easily, took 10 minutes per side to get rid of glue (usually takes hours) and slapped on old sheets of XP 2008, whatever I had handy, or a new sheet of XP 2008 or 999. I made 4 bats at a cost of $4, $12, $15, and $18 per bat. These ended up being ALL- to ALL speed control setups perfect for a dude wanting to step up to a real bat. 4 Soldeirs now have their own bat to bring to the USO for lunchtime TT battles. They are proud of their own bats now.

That is a valuable part of being a TT preacher! Well done Der_Echte!

I have done similar things quite a few times. Including doing the Walmart blade trick!

PostPosted: 03 May 2014, 10:21 

Even the great 896 blade costs $USD 16, I tried to find an ALL- to ALL setup that would average around the price of just the blade and still be perfectly serviceable in a match.

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 00:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I wonder if the blades from Daiso are any good - they're two for US$1.50! Heck, I'll get a pair and try it and see...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 04:23 

I never saw TT stuff in Daiso in Korea, but who knows as the place is larger than a warehouse !!!

You would prolly be getting a not so great feeling ALL- blade, but slap on some used 2008 or whatever you got laying around and it is a perfectly serviceable first real bat for a new player.

Rec center ghetto blasters using pure basement grips, strokes and tactics will think one of those ALL- crappy setups is a neutron bomb of power and spin.

Still one of those bats is perfectly capable of enabling a new serious player to learn all the strokes well enough to succeed in battle using one of those "Slow" setups all the way to USATT 1800, which is a level 80%+ of USA club players NEVER reach, so that is what makes me think a barebones bargain ca work.

For the record, I use some mighty expensive stuff, still use XP 2008 on BH and when I have to, like now, since BOTH my Arirang and Inca have developed serious cracks (fixable, but happens to thin blades with a powerful hitting player)... since both those are broken, I am using my Aurus/XP 2008 and FX-P/2008 rubbers recycled onto 896 and Instinkt+ blades with good control. Also still got the 896 Sigma Euro/H3 special ghetto setup I used at Tat's Garage in the bag ready for service until I can get both the Arirang and Inca fixed and off the deadline report.

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 04:32 

I also bought from Cole (to give to the winner of the Army camp tourney here if it ever happens with USO permission) an Instinkt+ decked with you guessed it... XP 2008. The jokers I gave away the bats now need to buy bat cases, but I think they want to be scrooge miser ghetto thrifty and just keep the thing in their trunk and bust it out only for lunch at the USO rec center on our camp in Upstate NY.

I get to see some crazy playing styles and grips and strokes and wildness. There are two players in the range of USATT 1000-1300 who have hope of improving to be average club player, the 1000ish player notably is improving his ability to get into position and execute continuous FH attacks. Notable, since this guy normally uses near anti slick old rubbers playing a defensive soft blocking/angle kind of game and I have sold him on the importance to be able to pick hit or initiate the offense when he chooses, so the opponent will know that he COULD be punished for a "SAFE" ball to the FH.

Maybe in 4-6 months this player can improve enough to have a little value as a practice partner, as it is now, the value I get (towards my game) is just re-emphasizing the fundamentals. maybe later down the road he becomes a serviceable player and can attract more players to the sport.

When I get back from my trip to Sweden to pick up a Volvo from the factory this week (wife already warned me NOT to meet Speedplay or ANYONE for TT) (Damn, I have had a nearly 10 year running smack talk with Speedplay ever since I waz a recreational player telling him I would drive to his village in a new Volvo) maybe when this trip is over, the Army dude I tried to train (while we were both rec players) (He was 1200ish then but did 3 years in Germany in a league so how good is he now?) this guy comes back when my trip is over and he knows about USO, so we will all see how XP 2008 lives on.

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 07:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Der_Echte!

C'mon.....you MUST meet Speedplay with that new Volvo and have a hit with him!!! Say to yourself: honestly Der....this adventure with the Volvo and Speedplay must be on Der's bucket list!

We NEED a story from you on this adventure!!!!! It would help all of us to reflect on life over a :beer:

And....that's a testimony to how effective 2008 is for a cheap rubber, the fact that you use it on your BH.

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 20:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Thanks.. Just made my day, reading these. Still chuckling.

Yeah, right now all the playing time I get is with the rec players in the lobby. A couple of them could perhaps be about 1000 rated, but only one can sustain forehand-forehand topspin rallies. Some time ago I took one of the common blades (which wasn't bad - a Butterfly Yuki where the topsheets had separated from the sponge) and put a couple of used sheets of T88-Topspeed (the cheap $5 version of T88) on it. Now they fight over who gets to use it. I think I'll get a couple of the Daiso bats and re-rubber those just to see what happens. There are other cheap Chinese bats for sale around town, most in the $7-8 and up range. Some are absolute cr*p (you can tell just by looking), some are more decent - Sunflex or Meteor.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 May 2014, 15:33 

glennholder wrote:
Der_Echte!

C'mon.....you MUST meet Speedplay with that new Volvo and have a hit with him!!! Say to yourself: honestly Der....this adventure with the Volvo and Speedplay must be on Der's bucket list!

We NEED a story from you on this adventure!!!!! It would help all of us to reflect on life over a :beer:

And....that's a testimony to how effective 2008 is for a cheap rubber, the fact that you use it on your BH.

I'm about to pick up the Vovlo in a couple hours and I already talked to Speedplay. (PM on MyTT haha.) His club is closed down for season break and wife has already aped me about no TT this mission.

As much smack talk me and Speedplay have made over the last 7 to 8 years... I would still bitch slap him on BH wing and toy with him. haha more smack talk, Speedplay isn't some country chump and he can put the brakes on some stuff so it won't go exactly that easy.

As fun as the talk has been and how we both feel, the match we (and the whole TT forum world) simply is NOT going to happen. I don't think my wife is up for even a visit to his village for tourism, even if it is only 30 minutes out of our route south.

PostPosted: 08 May 2014, 03:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Der_Echte! That's understandable........

We at least want a pic on the forum of your new Volvo!

(is the car going back to the USA in a container?

PostPosted: 08 May 2014, 03:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Der_Echte wrote:
glennholder wrote:
Der_Echte!

I'm about to pick up the Vovlo in a couple hours and I already talked to Speedplay. (PM on MyTT haha.) His club is closed down for season break and wife has already aped me about no TT this mission.

As much smack talk me and Speedplay have made over the last 7 to 8 years... I would still bitch slap him on BH wing and toy with him. haha more smack talk, Speedplay isn't some country chump and he can put the brakes on some stuff so it won't go exactly that easy.

As fun as the talk has been and how we both feel, the match we (and the whole TT forum world) simply is NOT going to happen. I don't think my wife is up for even a visit to his village for tourism, even if it is only 30 minutes out of our route south.

Are you in my home town Göteborg?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next