OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 07:46 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Hi Lorre,

Both links are working for me, please try again.

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 21:40 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
v02man wrote:
Hi Lorre,

Both links are working for me, please try again.

I meant I already had a search on Youtube and I didn't find the second one. Both links are working like a charm, indeed. Thx for sharing and my apologies for the misunderstanding.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 07:39 
Joo Too
Joo Too

I'm using the rubber now for two sessions and I must say: I'm quite impressed with it. I'm having two questions, though.

1) What causes the smell of the rubber? I never smelled anything like it. I like the smell, though.
2) I think I received the chop version, but the cover the rubber was in was the one from the ordinary Secret Flow (i.e. without the Chop). It was in a plastic cover with a paper sticker on it stating "Chop". I don't mind that, but I want to verify I've got the Chop version. The sponge is light orange and quite firm.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 08:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes that's definitely the "Chop" version...we got the same ones too and were told they were the new "chop" version. I guess they simply don't have the new covers ready yet.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 13:09 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
If anyone has played with it could give a comparison to Rakza 7 Soft or Grip-S Europe or Juic 999 Turbo or Victas VS>401, that would be great.

I really NEED to know how fast or slow it is
and how well it spins
control is subjective but a comparison would be good there too
and is it good at serving, pushing, chopping, hitting, fishing, looping compared to the other rubbers

In all honesty, I think I fit the definition of a medium level "modern defender", the 2.1 version in my dreams maybe, but perhaps more the 1.8 version in reality. My problem with the Victas VS>401 1.8 and Grip-S Euro 1.8 is that I can't hit hard enough to finish the point, and with the Rakza 7, it isn't really designed for chopping, and when I chop the big loops, I go long way too often, but I can smash to finish points with it. I've concluded that I need something tacky and light and super spinny, and still slow enough to chop back the loops, but fast enough to smash and finish a point with.

I really like the concept, but guess I need a detailed review before I can risk the money on it.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 21:01 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:
If anyone has played with it could give a comparison to Rakza 7 Soft or Grip-S Europe or Juic 999 Turbo or Victas VS>401, that would be great.

and how well it spins
and is it good at serving, pushing, chopping, hitting, fishing, looping compared to the other rubbers

In all honesty, I think I fit the definition of a medium level "modern defender", the 2.1 version in my dreams maybe, but perhaps more the 1.8 version in reality. My problem with the Victas VS>401 1.8 and Grip-S Euro 1.8 is that I can't hit hard enough to finish the point, and with the Rakza 7, it isn't really designed for chopping, and when I chop the big loops, I go long way too often, but I can smash to finish points with it. I've concluded that I need something tacky and light and super spinny, and still slow enough to chop back the loops, but fast enough to smash and finish a point with.

I really like the concept, but guess I need a detailed review before I can risk the money on it.

It has two gears: slow on slow shots and it absorbs hard shots quite effectively. Fast when you go yourself. But I wouldn't say it's faster than the Victas, though, when being active.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 22:14 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:

and how well it spins

It has two gears: slow on slow shots and it absorbs hard shots quite effectively. Fast when you go yourself. But I wouldn't say it's faster than the Victas, though, when being active.

Thanks for the reply. I had problems with Victas with its weight (I couldn't move the paddle quickly because it got so heavy) and that my smashes were too slow to finish a point, but I only tried the 1.8 version. I figured that if it was thicker it would be even heavier, so didn't try any thicker versions. I see you are playing with Secret Flow 2.1. What thickness of the Victas VS>401 are you comparing it to?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 02:44 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I had problems with Victas with its weight (I couldn't move the paddle quickly because it got so heavy) and that my smashes were too slow to finish a point, but I only tried the 1.8 version. I figured that if it was thicker it would be even heavier, so didn't try any thicker versions. I see you are playing with Secret Flow 2.1. What thickness of the Victas VS>401 are you comparing it to?

I was comparing it with the Victas 2.0mm.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 18:41 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Yes that's definitely the "Chop" version...we got the same ones too and were told they were the new "chop" version. I guess they simply don't have the new covers ready yet.

We have produced 5000 pieces with the old cover. These are already sold to our customers.
We will change the cover for next 5000 pieces.

At the moment Sebastian makes a note "Chop" with a white sticker on the rubber packaging.

So, you are right.

http://www.sauerundtroeger.de
http://www.facebook.com/sauerundtroeger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8j2PbG ... r_embedded
http://hsv-tischtennis.de/

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 19:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wow, so he had to put 5000 stickers on the covers...poor Sebastian! :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 19:37 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
I'm using the rubber now for two sessions and I must say: I'm quite impressed with it. I'm having two questions, though.

1) What causes the smell of the rubber? I never smelled anything like it. I like the smell, though.
2) I think I received the chop version, but the cover the rubber was in was the one from the ordinary Secret Flow (i.e. without the Chop). It was in a plastic cover with a paper sticker on it stating "Chop". I don't mind that, but I want to verify I've got the Chop version. The sponge is light orange and quite firm.

1) I can´t give further information why the rubber has this special smell. But it comes from a special treatment of the sponge and the glue.
2) The first rubbers have the old Cover of "Secret Flow". We couldn´t change it. At the moment we only sell the Chop version. I think we will release two further rubbers with the Secret flow top sheet.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 20:12 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Wow, so he had to put 5000 stickers on the covers...poor Sebastian! :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is true! But he had help from his father and Daniel Holl from our team.

I am lucky that i didn´t have to do it :clap:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 01:35 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:

I was comparing it with the Victas 2.0mm.

I wonder how much difference that would make? With the Rakza 7 soft I tried both 2.0 and 1.8 but didn't notice much difference hitting, but the 1.8 did chop better, but still went long chopping the fast spinny balls. With Narucross GS Soft, I tried 1.9 and 2.1 and had trouble attacking with the 1.9 and trouble chopping with the 2.1. Something I noticed when testing last night is that the same Rakza 7 Soft 1.8 on the new blade with only a few minutes practice was now able to chop fast spinny balls, which says to me its the combination of rubber and blade that determine what shots are going to work easily.

I suspect being equal in speed to the Victas VS>401 is not going to be fast enough, or perhaps borderline for me to attack effectively, but it will probably chop better as a side effect. I had that problem with Donic Vario Big Slam MAX, which I could both chop or attack with, but my attacks typically failed because my opponent could get to them in time.

My guess is the real problem is that I'm probably not hitting the ball right when I attack. I have a friend that can attack effectively with Geospin Tacky, which is slower than any of these, but when I hit with it, its as though its gone lame. The funny thing is that he says he's only hitting with 80% power so he can keep it under control. With me, even with these significantly faster rubbers, I have to put absolutely everything into it, or it comes back almost for sure.

Post subject: Re: New: Secret Flow
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 05:48 

I've been playing with Secret Flow now for two weeks and like it very much. I have 1.5 sponge. I have two sheets of it, one on a Sauer and Tröger Firestarter and the other on their Zeus.

I don't chop much on my forehand, but I find Secret Flow very good for driving and accurate hitting with good control. I particularly like its feel, which of course is partly due to the Zeus blade which is truely amazing. I like it on Firestarter too, but Zeus gives me a better ball feeling and a bit more speed and control.

I've had good results at my club (WTT), and also compared it with various rubber sheets using my robot at home. I like it better than Butterfly tackiness chop, which it most closely resembles from forehand rubber that I have tried. I have also compared it to Dr. Neubauer defensive and find it more lively with better control.

FH: Red Secret Flow 1.5
BH: Black Hellfire ox

Last edited by Al Strelzoff on 24 Aug 2014, 05:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 22:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thank you Al Strelzoff, and welcome to the forum! :up:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!