OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 21:16


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 08:08 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 12 Jan 2018, 10:23
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time
looking for something similar to the dawei 2008 XP, which is my first inverted FH rubber ever in 2.0mm (premade friendship racket before). i really like it but i need to replace it after 2 years, and i wanna learn to glue myself.

i cannot find the 2008 XP again on eacheng.net anymore, my preferred option for buying, and i did want to just get it again. however, i can see the dawei 2008 (not XP ver.) there. anyone knows if it is similar, or perhaps a bit different in some way?

thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 09:33 
Online
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 00:48
Posts: 1360
Location: Boston
Has thanked: 467 times
Been thanked: 313 times
Blade: Dr. Neubauer Barricade
FH: Palio AK47 Blue
BH: Air UpUpUp 0.6mm
ejms1906 wrote:
looking for something similar to the dawei 2008 XP, which is my first inverted FH rubber ever in 2.0mm (premade friendship racket before). i really like it but i need to replace it after 2 years, and i wanna learn to glue myself.

i cannot find the 2008 XP again on eacheng.net anymore, my preferred option for buying, and i did want to just get it again. however, i can see the dawei 2008 (not XP ver.) there. anyone knows if it is similar, or perhaps a bit different in some way?

thank you.


If you are in the US, colestt.com has it for 8$.

_________________
USATT: 1776| League: 1962


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 09:35 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 12 Jan 2018, 10:23
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time
pgpg wrote:
ejms1906 wrote:
looking for something similar to the dawei 2008 XP, which is my first inverted FH rubber ever in 2.0mm (premade friendship racket before). i really like it but i need to replace it after 2 years, and i wanna learn to glue myself.

i cannot find the 2008 XP again on eacheng.net anymore, my preferred option for buying, and i did want to just get it again. however, i can see the dawei 2008 (not XP ver.) there. anyone knows if it is similar, or perhaps a bit different in some way?

thank you.


If you are in the US, colestt.com has it for 8$.

unfortunately i'm not, and the shipping cost would make this much too expensive. eacheng.net (or aliexpress stores) are ideal because the shipping is free or almost nothing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 13:42 
Offline
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2008, 19:19
Posts: 2650
Location: Indonesia
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 174 times
Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Yinhe 9000 for me for along the line of 2008 XP

_________________
instagram: rokphishtt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 17:29 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2016, 15:12
Posts: 408
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Blade: Palio TCT
FH: Palio CJ8000
BH: Yinhe 955
I've tried to find visual differences between the 2008, 2008 Super Power and 2008 XP by searching for images on the net but to no avail.

_________________
Red is blogging here >> http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=30522


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 18:13 
Offline
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2008, 19:19
Posts: 2650
Location: Indonesia
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 174 times
Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I think they’re the same with different packing/wording.

_________________
instagram: rokphishtt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 19:29 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 12 Jan 2018, 10:23
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time
rokphish2 wrote:
Yinhe 9000 for me for along the line of 2008 XP

the 'regular' 9000 (this one: http://www.eacheng.net/2x-Galaxy-9000-A ... 12166.html), or one of the other versions? it seems this is more of a tacky rubber, while the 2008 xp (mine at least) have a euro-style hard-grippy topsheet. i mean it could be an interesting option anyways, so cheap i could just get them and try them for a bit.

yeah I'm also starting to think there's no difference between all the 2008 versions. all the resellers and even the dawei-owned stores you can find online all sell the 'regular' 2008, no mention of XP anywhere, which suggests the 'XP' was just added for some batches.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 20:47 
Offline
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2008, 19:19
Posts: 2650
Location: Indonesia
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 174 times
Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
ejms1906 wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
Yinhe 9000 for me for along the line of 2008 XP

the 'regular' 9000 (this one: http://www.eacheng.net/2x-Galaxy-9000-A ... 12166.html), or one of the other versions? it seems this is more of a tacky rubber, while the 2008 xp (mine at least) have a euro-style hard-grippy topsheet. i mean it could be an interesting option anyways, so cheap i could just get them and try them for a bit.

yeah I'm also starting to think there's no difference between all the 2008 versions. all the resellers and even the dawei-owned stores you can find online all sell the 'regular' 2008, no mention of XP anywhere, which suggests the 'XP' was just added for some batches.
The one I tried a bit was Yinhe 9000 3 star. Also tried the D/E variants, not much different to me. So I think any 9000 would do.

_________________
instagram: rokphishtt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 23:34 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 7030
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 866 times
I tried 2008XP - what I remember was it was bloody heavy!

If you want Yinhe 9000 I suggest the 2 fer 1 packs Eacheng sells - as cheap as USD 10.30 for a pair of sheets shipping included. Turns out to be lighter than the nicely packed 9000D and 9000E sheets. Yeah, I couldn't figure out what the difference was, either.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 03:56 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 12 Jan 2018, 10:23
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time
rokphish2 wrote:
ejms1906 wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
Yinhe 9000 for me for along the line of 2008 XP

the 'regular' 9000 (this one: http://www.eacheng.net/2x-Galaxy-9000-A ... 12166.html), or one of the other versions? it seems this is more of a tacky rubber, while the 2008 xp (mine at least) have a euro-style hard-grippy topsheet. i mean it could be an interesting option anyways, so cheap i could just get them and try them for a bit.

yeah I'm also starting to think there's no difference between all the 2008 versions. all the resellers and even the dawei-owned stores you can find online all sell the 'regular' 2008, no mention of XP anywhere, which suggests the 'XP' was just added for some batches.
The one I tried a bit was Yinhe 9000 3 star. Also tried the D/E variants, not much different to me. So I think any 9000 would do.

3 star is the one i linked i think. i'll be getting that one then, thanks.

iskandar taib wrote:
I tried 2008XP - what I remember was it was bloody heavy!

If you want Yinhe 9000 I suggest the 2 fer 1 packs Eacheng sells - as cheap as USD 10.30 for a pair of sheets shipping included. Turns out to be lighter than the nicely packed 9000D and 9000E sheets. Yeah, I couldn't figure out what the difference was, either.

Iskandar

yep, that one.

yes, 2008 XP is heavy. and it's the topsheet i think, not the sponge, which is very rigid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 04:18 
Offline
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 23:16
Posts: 1323
Location: Somewhere out there!
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 34 times
ejms1906 wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
Yinhe 9000 for me for along the line of 2008 XP

the 'regular' 9000 (this one: http://www.eacheng.net/2x-Galaxy-9000-A ... 12166.html), or one of the other versions? it seems this is more of a tacky rubber, while the 2008 xp (mine at least) have a euro-style hard-grippy topsheet. i mean it could be an interesting option anyways, so cheap i could just get them and try them for a bit.

yeah I'm also starting to think there's no difference between all the 2008 versions. all the resellers and even the dawei-owned stores you can find online all sell the 'regular' 2008, no mention of XP anywhere, which suggests the 'XP' was just added for some batches.


I had both, different sponges, xp was slower imho!!!

OP

PM me i may be able to help!!

_________________
_________________
Think, before you drink, before you write!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: