OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2015, 20:38 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
So all that fake issue because of high quality or overpriced rubbers? what about some original cheap rubbers you can buy from another stores, are they fake from Aliexpress too even in same price of another place?

And what about Tenergy rubber at high price say $50-70 from Aliexpress, is that fake too even at high price? then what isn't fake rubbers at higher prices if not cheap from there?

Main blade is under my profile name.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 00:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No, the regular stuff is usually OK. It's the high priced Chinese stuff that you need to be careful of. I don't know if you've read about "National" Hurricane 3 - these are supposedly sheets of Hurricane 3 with a special blue sponge which is only made available to the Chinese national team. Individual players on the national team have rubber sheets made specially for them - they can specify exact sponge thickness and hardness, for instance. I assume these sheets are always black and have the blue sponge, and come in plain plastic vacuum packs without any corners removed (retail H3 comes with four corners removed, provincial sheets have two corners removed). Sometimes these sheets "get loose" and you can buy them, usually for astronomical prices ($100, $200 a sheet). As you can imagine, there's tons of fake "national sheets" floating around. Aside from the national sheets (genuine or not) there are also "provincial sheets", not sure what the story is behind this but they're also "special" in some way and sell for somewhat more than the retail sheets. You tend to see these for sale a lot, a lot of them are undoubtedly genuine (as opposed to "national" sheets, where fakes abound). This is what we were laughing about on the other thread - apparently some vendors are trying to pass off other rubber that comes in plain plastic (such as Palio Emperor Dragon) as "National" versions at inflated prices.

This web site sometimes has "national" sheets for sale (they're in France, not China..):

http://saletabletennis.com/product/dhs- ... -national/

There are also high-priced Chinese blades - some DHS ones, but also those Rosewood and Ebony "Stiga clones" from HRT and others. I suspect some of these get counterfeited from time to time.

It is true there are fake sheets of even retail H3, these are usually attached to fake pre-made "DHS" bats but these are the only fake lower-end products I've ever heard of.

In any case, if you stick with Eacheng (which means one of the six "avatars" on AliExpress, "China-friend" on ebay or the mother web site eacheng.net), you should be safe. I've never heard of them selling fakes of anything, although they do sell some unique stuff (large-pore 729, those weird-shaped sheets of 9000, several types of discontinued Hallmark long pips...).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 13:48 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
iskandar taib wrote:
It is true there are fake sheets of even retail H3, these are usually attached to fake pre-made "DHS" bats but these are the only fake lower-end products I've ever heard of.

Some vendors on AliExpress do sell fake sheets of the retail H3. The fake ones don't have the scratch off code and sell for way below even ttnpp.com's already low price.
For example, $5.69 with free shipping:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-DHS-Double-Happiness-Hurricane3-Hurricane-3-Hurricane-3-Pips-in-Table-Tennis-Rubber-for/32289181595.html

I asked a couple of the vendors if what they're selling were genuine DHS H3 and they said no. So, some of them are sort of honest. :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 14:29 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
Cool, thank you very much

Main blade is under my profile name.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 15:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

GMan4911 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Some vendors on AliExpress do sell fake sheets of the retail H3. The fake ones don't have the scratch off code and sell for way below even ttnpp.com's already low price.
For example, $5.69 with free shipping:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-DHS-Double-Happiness-Hurricane3-Hurricane-3-Hurricane-3-Pips-in-Table-Tennis-Rubber-for/32289181595.html

I asked a couple of the vendors if what they're selling were genuine DHS H3 and they said no. So, some of them are sort of honest. :lol:

ROFL.. that vendor's store is called "Walk Away". Looks like everything they sell (other than, perhaps, the Batwings and the Reactor Corbor) is fake. It's not these I worry about, it's those vendors who sell you the fake stuff at original prices. Which is why it's best to stick with Eacheng on AliExpress, unless it's a dealer you've had some experience with or you're buying something inexpensive.

Iskandar