OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 22:40 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I'm the resident 'equipment guru' at our club apparently and do the orders for players and make suggestions. Of course most of my info has come from this forum so hoping that you guys could help me out with some suggestions. Didn't mean to write this much but got on a roll.

1)
Standard: Ranked 4th in our club out of 60 or so. I'm a bit confused about ratings but could be 900 or 1300 on Ratings Central (1100 to 1500 US) given my past experience at tournaments but decent enough player at our club.
Style: Forehand dominant. Loops often. Backhand mainly pushes and chops a bit, rarely an aggressive shot (we're working on that)
Current set up: Andro Super Core Carbon Light OFF+, Andro Hexer FH & BH
His thoughts: He's happy with the forehand but wondering if something a bit more allround and controllable might be better on backhand.
My thoughts: I might not be able to get Andro Hexer depending where the order is placed so looking for something similar in another brand for forehand maybe a Vega Elite or Acuda/Barracuda/Bluefire. As for backhand I'm not sure whether to just go thinner or maybe non-tensor, maybe something like Flextra, Musa or Vario, in 1.9mm or 2.0mm. A bit worried that too thin a rubber might bottom out on his fast blade making it equally hard to control.

2)
Standard: Ranked mid way in our club. In ratings terms about 550 or so.
Style: Spin. Tries to push/chop everything and his serves are quite difficult to handle at that level. Does occasionally attack on forehand but the ball has to be right where he wants it. Wins more with his backspin that people can't handle.
Current set up: Andro SuperCore Cell OFF +, Yasaka Mark V both sides
His thoughts: Not keen on paying $40 a rubber. When asked what he was looking for in a rubber, he said 'spin'. I warned him that spinny out is also spinny in but he's keen as spin is his game and to be honest although sometimes his own spin gets him in a tangle, he wins a lot more points because of it than what he loses so I'm happy to go with that.
My thoughts: I'm thinking Geospin Tacky in 2.0mm. Should produce plenty of spin in the price range he's looking. I'm a bit reluctant to get thinner rubbers as described above, as its a fast blade, it might bounce off a bit quick.

Note that changing blades for these guys is not an option...........I've tried that already.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 07:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Maybe 999T for the second player? The 1+1 packing used to be $10 (for 2 sheets) but has gone up to $14. Definitely has the spin, a lot of people say it's too slow for them.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 09:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
1)
For FH - bluefire would be a good choice - Vega Elite is nice, Bluefire JP 02 is real nice.
For BH - traditional rubber perhaps - Mark V, Musa, etc 1.9mm shouyld not bottom out too easily since the sponges are relatively firm

2)
Geospin Tacky may slow it down a little too much, although it's great for spin. Something like 729 Cream MRS might be a good choice, and would be at least as spinny as Mark V (I'd say spinnier but a little slower), and a lot cheaper.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 12:19 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Thanks for the suggestions, was hoping you would reply.

Is the ooak shop out of action for a couple of weeks?

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 12:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Cobalt wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, was hoping you would reply.

Is the ooak shop out of action for a couple of weeks?

Officially yes, since the boss is away, but I can still handle some orders, just let me know. ;)

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2015, 16:00 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Have gone with haggisv and got the Bluefire JP02 and the Mark V. Only concern is that he might lose a little spin off his sharp backhand pushes which when angled can be a weapon. However he did want extra control so hopefully won't lose too much.

Also went with the 729 Cream MRS for the other option.

Looking forward to the fast delivery from ooakshop and will be good to go. :party: I'm more excited than the guys getting new rubbers. :lol:

Then comes the pressure of putting rubbers on someone else's bat. Hopefully they might be able to handle it themselves. :sweat:

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2015, 16:15 

1) Donic Coppa Gold

2) 729 - Super FX

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2015, 22:11 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

debo2606 wrote:
1) Donic Coppa Gold

2) 729 - Super FX

Couple hours too late but I'm still interested for next time. :up:

Just found this review at tabletennisdb for Coppa JO Gold
I play on a Donic Waldner Carbon senso blade in 1,8mm (black) . Very good attacking rubber, very good blocking, difficult to push short, good to push long. When you hit the ball hard it really can shoot away the ball. On ly limited "speed glue" sound. After 18 month's of play still VERY good spin and speed , just clean once a month with WD40 and the rubber is almost as new!

Once a month with WD40 :o :o Really ???

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 23:10 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Cobalt wrote:
Have gone with haggisv and got the Bluefire JP02 and the Mark V. Only concern is that he might lose a little spin off his sharp backhand pushes which when angled can be a weapon. However he did want extra control so hopefully won't lose too much.

Two years later and we're looking to replace the above for member No 1 in the original post. He's gone backwards in the last couple of months and in feeling his bat, after playing about twice a week with them for 2 years, they feel like they need a change.

We briefly discussed it in which he said to just get the same ie Bluefire and Mark V however our club is about to change to the Polyball so wondering whether we should be looking at changing slightly.

He's still got his Andro OFF+ which I'd really like to change for slower speed bat but thats another story.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 23:43 
Super User

Yes, I feel your paid re: blade!

Regardless, I'd get him on soft rubbers for control. Hexer's were fine. I use Rakza 7 soft, max forehand and 2mm on bh just for a little extra control, as not my main attacking side. I have 2 players use them last season, and I found out about them at a training camp in Denmark where lots of Swedish players were using them. They give lots of spin and control and are not too fast, and although they crumble a bit on the edges, they comfortable last a season playing twice a week. I play 3-4 times a week, and they lasted me October - March 6 months, and I think they are still usable - on my coaching blade now.

This is a really nice blade that yo umight be able to get them to go for...http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/andr ... minus.html

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 22:31 

Blade: Vega Pro Blade
FH: Not sure
BH: Not Sure
Hey,
I just started playing table tennis a few months ago. My current blade is the Vega Pro Blade and I was wondering what rubber I should get. I play more with my backhand than I do my forehand and I want more spin for my backhand and more control for my forehand. I am currently looking in the bluefire series but am open to anything under 2,500 php or about 50 usd.
Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

What level of play are you? I recently put Galaxy Mars II 33 deg on a friend's blade and was surprised at its performance. Could do anything an expensive tensor could do, just slower so would be good for someone still developing. Better than the other hard Chinese rubbers I've tried such as batwings and 868. Could be an option.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk