OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2015, 03:46 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
Hey again I have to disagree with " it's very slow unless you put a lot of power into the shot " I'm 51 year old and I just have a very good Shoulders, Torso and legs coordination. I can use about 30% of my power and start to do spinny loop.

I start to do this stoke by seeing video on youtube.

A good video I used on youtube for the exact troke is : " Forehand topspin lesson by Waldner ". Can you say that waldner is forcing a lot ??? God no !!!

Good viewing and practice this stoke. I began often my warmup by doing this stoke alone with a couple of ball. Then ajust yourself for speed, spin and distance. In no time you will be able to perform the shot.

P.S. Waldner has his forearm and elbow a little bit closed. That's ok ! More open is your arm more power you will get as your point of rotaion is longer than meaning faster rotation of the racket.

A rotation of a ball with a foot long string will be less fast than a ball with a 3 foot long string ! ( physics )

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 21:41 

Getting better with the skyline tg3 neo... it has gotten faster i feel... but at the areas the ball doesnt contact frequently it is still dead.. but feeling better about it... :P :P

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 22:06 

Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS Skyline neo 3
BH: Yinhe mars
Hello All, I am new to this Forum and I am looking for your guidance / Experience.

My present Racket configuration is as mentioned below,
Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS Skyline Neo
BH: Yinhe mars

This combination suites my play style (FH Looping/ Topspin - BH Block / Punch and Push)
Today my Blade got broke.. I need to buy new blade, Rubbers are 3 weeks old so i will use the same rubber,

I need your help to find the right blade.. (I dont want to spend high money)

At present combination everything was fine only i felt its bit slow.. (As i mentioned i like tackey rubbers.)

Pls suggest me the right blade

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2019, 03:59 

Blade: Vanity II (custom)
FH: DHS Gold Arc 8
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
The birds whisper that Xu Xin consider the Dynasty blade to go well with the Skyline. A bit costly, though.

And doesn’t that PG7 have a comparably small head? If you’re reusing the rubbers, you may not be happy with a larger-sized blade.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 02:38 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Simple upgrade to PG7 would be DHS 506 or Hurricane Long 3. Both are faster than the PG7, but have family resemblance. I actually have the 506+, and that has a larger head than the other 2 (actually not sure about the 506 without +), and as a result is even quicker. But I prefer the HL3.
Any will work nicely with Skyline, or you could move onto the HL5 family, which pretty much just adds inner layer ALC. PG5, Fang Bo 2 or HL5.