OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 19:19 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I am now playing with T05 which is good and powerful if you make your own spin. It's very doog for powerlooping and pushing for me and for shots where you have time to load the ball.

On the other hand I am often forced to make lot of passive shots like blocks, fishing and emergency countering. Blocks jump too high, T05 is quite dead on passive fishing with not enough juice and also the throw is too high.

Against good attackers I am forced to move to totally defensive mode, so looping capabilities are useless then. T05 works with familiar players, but in tournaments with new opponents there is often more easy mistakes than powerful winners.

I am wondering if T64 might be better, but then I might lose my spinny serves?

Is it a good idea to find something with lower throw and more bounce?

Maybe I need to have thinner sponge or fx sponge?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 20:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yinhe 9000? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 21:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Sponge thickness is important. I do not know about T05, but android rasant 1.9 definitely works better for passive shots than it does with max, but still allows aggressive play. Currently I am using 729 battle 2 in max sponge which allows both.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 21:25 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

If the throw is high why not just close the angle accordingly?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 22:14 

carbonman wrote:

Tenergy has quite grippy topsheet plus it's bouncy so more reactive to spin than most other inverted rubbers. It's very good for initiating fast topspin but can be bit trickier on blocks if you don't read ball spin well. A lot of relative newer players get it because that's what professionals use, and it's not the easiest if you're forced to defend. Getting a different rubber isn't really "the solution", but there's no reason to make it hard on yourself.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 22:59 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Roy wrote:
I am now playing with T05 which is good and powerful if you make your own spin. It's very doog for powerlooping and pushing for me and for shots where you have time to load the ball.

On the other hand I am often forced to make lot of passive shots like blocks, fishing and emergency countering. Blocks jump too high, T05 is quite dead on passive fishing with not enough juice and also the throw is too high.

Against good attackers I am forced to move to totally defensive mode, so looping capabilities are useless then. T05 works with familiar players, but in tournaments with new opponents there is often more easy mistakes than powerful winners.

http://en.butterflymag.com/2015/05/all- ... energy-12/
http://en.butterflymag.com/2015/06/all- ... energy-22/

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 23:03 
Super User

carbonman wrote:

Because of slow reflexes (and partly lack of mobility) I often could just put the blade on the way of the ball. That goes for the block and for the emergency fishing as well.

So it's "put the blade on the way and hope for the best" type of shots way too often.

Althought sometimes blind chicken finds the grain... :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 23:17 

Well, on that vid you misread/hit the ball so badly that no rubber is going to help much.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 23:43 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Roy, with your forehand power, I would say try T80 or T64 in that order. If the Tenergy series doesn't do it, Evolution MX-P might, though that is a harder sponge. And as always, try before you buy.
Tenergy 05 is a looping optimized rubber so just about all you're shots should be loops.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 02:52 
Super User

Roy wrote:

I had terrible trouble when using Tenergy 05 on Defplay.
The High Throw from T05 combined with the High throw from Defplay is not a very good combo.
I changed to Andro Rasant Powersponge and changed to 1,9 instead of the 2,1
This works quite good and RPS Is Much more tolerant than T05.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 03:50 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Tenergy05fx wrote:
Roy wrote:

I had terrible trouble when using Tenergy 05 on Defplay.
The High Throw from T05 combined with the High throw from Defplay is not a very good combo.
I changed to Andro Rasant Powersponge and changed to 1,9 instead of the 2,1
This works quite good and RPS Is Much more tolerant than T05.

This is almost entirely why I went back to the Omega IV Asia on the Defplay. Lower throw for both looping and chopping, because the blade already had greater throw with its flex and dwell. I actually think T64 would be nice on the Defplay, which I'm told is similar to Omega IV Asia. I have never played T64 on the defplay however.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 09:43 

> So it's "put the blade on the way and hope for the best" type of shots way too often.

There's still some distance between this and topspin attack. With tenergy/t05 if you can at least put some forward motion on the block it becomes easier.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 11:47 

First i played with 05 on the defplay and switched to 64 for the less grip and low trajectory of 64. Then i realised 64 is good for 3 to 4 weeks and i don't have that much money to throw away. Hurricane 3 boosted or hurricane 3 neo are perfect for both passive shots and active shots. When fishing you can send a very spinny ball back just with a small wrist action. I know a lot of people will disagree but hurricane suits the most to my style. Chops are controlled and spinny. Opening loops are easy counter loops are easy too. One trick is you gotta use the topsheet rather than the full forced counter drive. More brush than hit.

Rasant Powergrip black 2.1

On the dark side since April 2015. Rating 1500 Australia

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 21:05 
Super User

MadTurk wrote:
Hurricane 3 boosted or hurricane 3 neo are perfect for both passive shots and active shots. When fishing you can send a very spinny ball back just with a small wrist action. I know a lot of people will disagree but hurricane suits the most to my style. Chops are controlled and spinny. Opening loops are easy counter loops are easy too. One trick is you gotta use the topsheet rather than the full forced counter drive. More brush than hit.

I actually tried H3N few days ago with my CWX blade (as it's the rubber I used first after return to TT), but I was not very happy, as it felt too dead. Pushing and chopping were great, but otherwise... :?: Maybe boosted version play clearly better...

I try today Rakza 7 again, which I haven't used with CWX. At the weekend is tournament and if R7 don't work out, I play with T05.

I have also Grip-S Europe soft, which has good qualities, but some inconsistensies too, as it can be fast or very slow and powerloops tend to go to the net.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 23:47 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Spin-sensitive rubber is nightmare for passive strokes. Tenergy 05 is one of the worst for passive play.
IMHO for passive play slower rubbers are better if balanced with faster blade.