OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 01:04 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
One friend recently switched from T05 to MX-P and said he loves it, and loves the performance he gets for cheaper price (and he tried Rasant and went back to paying for T05 a couple of years ago).

Another friend has Evolution, but not sure which one. One Monday night a few weeks ago, I straight setted him easily. On the Thursday night he filled in for the team we played, and another guy wanted to try his bat cos they had the same blade but not same rubbers. He played with T05fx and it gave him just enough extra control (and confidence) that he beat me 4-1. It was pure dumb luck that he played me like this and won, and now because of it....I'm gonna lose Leading Player for the season....probably by one match :headbang: :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 02:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This made me curious. No one's actually mentioned any PRICES, so I looked up a local dealer (Tenryu) which for me would be one of two ways to actually GET Tenergy. So..

Tenergy 05 would cost me RM228 - about USD56 including 6% GST. Any of the Tibhar Evolutions (MX-S, MX-P and EL-P) is RM180 (USD45 including 6% GST). Oh wait - there's the Evolution FX-P "National Version" with the German flag cover... :lol: RM217 (USD54 with GST). So Tenergy IS more expensive, but not by very much. In comparison - Rasant Powergrip is RM155 (USD38 or so), the Donic Bluefire Turbos are RM148 (USD37), Donic Barracuda (and Barracuda Big Slam :lol: ) is RM128 (USD32).

I guess I'm glad I'm not tempted to try any of these ultra-high-priced things... I do have a sheet of Rasant Turbo I haven't mounted yet (got it at a discount at the WTTC), and I might get a sheet of Tenergy 05 to see what all the hype is about. I must admit - those sheets of Hurricane 3 I bought turned out really nice - I'm currently playing with H3 on both forehand and backhand at the moment. Same vendor has it for RM45 (USD11.50!) a sheet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 21:33 

Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Donic Bluefire JP02
BH: Donic Bluefire JP02
Pipsy wrote:
How would you compare EL-P and MX-P (and FX-P) to Donic Bluefire JP02 (and JP03)?

Currently using JP02 as well and about to switch to Evolution, could somebody please provide insight to above question?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 22:34 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
iskandar taib wrote:
This made me curious. No one's actually mentioned any PRICES, so I looked up a local dealer (Tenryu) which for me would be one of two ways to actually GET Tenergy. So..

Tenergy 05 would cost me RM228 - about USD56 including 6% GST. Any of the Tibhar Evolutions (MX-S, MX-P and EL-P) is RM180 (USD45 including 6% GST). Oh wait - there's the Evolution FX-P "National Version" with the German flag cover... :lol: RM217 (USD54 with GST). So Tenergy IS more expensive, but not by very much. In comparison - Rasant Powergrip is RM155 (USD38 or so), the Donic Bluefire Turbos are RM148 (USD37), Donic Barracuda (and Barracuda Big Slam :lol: ) is RM128 (USD32).

I guess I'm glad I'm not tempted to try any of these ultra-high-priced things... I do have a sheet of Rasant Turbo I haven't mounted yet (got it at a discount at the WTTC), and I might get a sheet of Tenergy 05 to see what all the hype is about. I must admit - those sheets of Hurricane 3 I bought turned out really nice - I'm currently playing with H3 on both forehand and backhand at the moment. Same vendor has it for RM45 (USD11.50!) a sheet.

Iskandar

My friend was paying around $75-80 AUD and Evolution abut $50 AUD. So a fairly big difference here Isk.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 07:14 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Evolution is about 60% of the price of Tenergy here (£31 v £50).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 07:44 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Pipsy wrote:
How would you compare EL-P and MX-P (and FX-P) to Donic Bluefire JP02 (and JP03)?

I was thinking about trying EL-P, I'm afraid MX is too hard and heavy and FX is too soft...

It's going back to 2013 but I posted the weight of an uncut sheet of EL-P & T05 and the EL-P was heavier at 70 grams uncut. The T05 was probably a light one.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22143#p241517

Did put a EL-P on a club mate's bat and it was around 72 grams uncut.

If you're concerned about weight suggest asking for a light max or a heavy 1.9

Re prices I'm currently paying €52 for a T05 and the Evolution sheets locally have increased slightly to €36 which is still a keen price. Club mate who used to use a 1.9 EL-P on the BH switched to a Super Defence and prefers it particularly with a drop in weight of a good 7-8 grams.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 13:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Wow.. I'm surprised by how little Tenergy costs here... :lol: If you ever come here on holiday it might be worth picking up a few sheets... :lol: :lol:

70 grams does sound terribly heavy. Most Chinese is 55-65, but 2008XP was 77, Whale 78.

Iskandar