OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 15:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 May 2017, 21:53 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I purchased this rubber in Red 1.8-2.0mm (TSP use a range) and agree with nearly everything that is in the original review post.

I've always purchased a level below max when I've had tensors such as Baracuda, V01 Limber and Vega Europe DF. I also purchased this rubber in the level below the thickest sponge but to me it feels more like a 1.8mm than a 2.0mm.

The previous setup I was using was Baracuda on a Yasaka Extra and the Regalis on my Appelgren V1 feels significantly slower and also less spinny. I'd agree with the comment that its on the line between classic and tensor.

Due to the above factors it took me a while to get my confidence but once I did I found it fine, though it didn't tear the world apart.

My request was a rubber that I could develop my technique to do controlled loops over and over without fearing the speed was sending my shots long, though I didn't want to compromise too much speed or spin in matches. This rubber does exactly that. My training partner had no trouble whatsoever blocking the balls back which made me feel that perhaps I'd lost a bit of an edge however I need to remember what I asked for is exactly what I got.

Another player thats a higher level than me had a go felt and he could hit the table all day, better than his own Powerwood and EL-P however it did lack that extra bit of zip to finish a point or trouble the opponent with spin.

So for me if you are really looking for an attacking rubber, especially on a slow ALL blade, I'd suggest either go in max or perhaps move up to the next level, maybe Regalis Blue or something else. If you are looking at a dependable rubber that can do it all but excel at nothing (thats not a bad thing) to gain consistency or maybe tame a fast blade, this may fit the bill.

PostPosted: 30 May 2017, 02:07 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Yes there is a fine balance between using a control rubber that keeps the ball on the table and a faster spinnier rubber that gives more winners. Best choice may depend on how quickly you need to win points as not everyone has the skill or temperament to win by simply outlasting opponents in a rally. Playing league this past season I switched from Vega Europe to Musa for control but the downside was less problems for opponent in returning attacking fhands and matches lost I should have won.

Do you still have Vega Europe df on the bh of the same blade with regalis red?. If so it would be good to have your thoughts on how Europe df would compare to regalis red as a fh rubber, as I use pips on the bh.

PostPosted: 30 May 2017, 19:05 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

I'll have a go next week with Xiom Europe on Fh and give comparison.

One thing I didn't mention about the Regalis I'd hour hard it was to cut. The sponge just seemed to crumble and tear. You need a really sharp knife to cut it. The sponge didn't seem very strong either as when I stretched the offcut slightly, the sponge split in several places. I doubt I could change blades with it as I think it would just split when removing so I wouldn't recommend this rubber if you plan to change blades often.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 May 2017, 21:15 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
You can try the dish soap water trick ? Snap off the old point on your box cutter blade, and dip the blade into a bowl of dish soap water. Try to cut, and keep dipping before cutting until the blade starts to smoothly cut and glides through the rubber. If it becomes difficult keep dipping the blade in the dish soap water and trying to cut until it starts cutting smoothly.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 30 May 2017, 22:04 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

man_iii wrote:
You can try the dish soap water trick ? Snap off the old point on your box cutter blade, and dip the blade into a bowl of dish soap water. Try to cut, and keep dipping before cutting until the blade starts to smoothly cut and glides through the rubber. If it becomes difficult keep dipping the blade in the dish soap water and trying to cut until it starts cutting smoothly.

Interesting, not heard of that one before, will keep it in mind, thanks. :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2017, 13:06 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Did some hitting with Regalis on backhand today. It's definitely slower and less spin than Xiom Vega Europe DF.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017, 18:19 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Its now been a few weeks since I put on the Regalis Red. In this time I've probably played about 30 matches due to a tournament. What I'd like to add is that I believe the Regalis Red is a lower throw than the Baracuda, though maybe less spinny. I'm not winning as many points points off the first loop but my follow up tends to be flatter and maybe faster. One comment is that someone notices that now I'm able to do the flatter faster loop rather than just spinny ones. I suspect this is due to the lower throw than before.

I'd also like to add that when hit properly there is definitely a nice kick off the table which troubles some opponents. At first I may not have noticed this but now I've adjusted I'm hitting more consistent shots and am confident to swing harder and get results.

Nothing has really changed since my first little review as I still think is slower and less spinny compared to something like Baracuda. I could say its more like Vega Intro or maybe even Mark V but having never used either I'd be speculating. Also I stand by the fact I think it suits an intermediate player with an allround game or someone looking at developing their shots who gets good value but the rubber doesn't do all the work.

Someone at the club just ordered a Sweden Extra with Mark V so keen to have a good hit with it so I can use Mark V as a bit of a barometer.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017, 21:03 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I think you'll find the mk v a notch slower and also harder...a different beast altogether.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g