OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2016, 21:50 

Blade: Butterfly Primorac
FH: Rakza Z
BH: DHS H8-80
iskandar taib wrote:
Is the Sanwei the National Target? They were selling sheets at the WTTC, didn't get one then. The sheets are cut funny - you know how DHS cuts corners off? These have two corners removed, but the cutoffs are elongated and curved rather than triangles. Trying to measure the area is going to be a pain.

You and I seem to share the same affliction... :lol: I've never really been interested in finding the perfect sheet for my game, it's more like - OK, this is what the advertising says, what exactly DOES this thing do? How different is it from the last one? I've got a pile of unused sheets about two feet tall (um... 305mm per foot, 4mm per sheet plus maybe 0.25mm for packaging...).. I've slowed down somewhat, having satisfied myself most of it is more alike than not (quite disappointing in the end). Though now I've got an urge to buy all three types of Yinhe 9000 just to see what the difference is (I expect none).

Iskandar

About the Sanwei Target National rubber, here is the link from sanwei itself:
http://www.sanweisport.com/english/?pro ... F%E7%89%88

The reason I am interested in it is that experienced players and forumers like AndySmith and yogi_bear gave it good reviews and it is supposed to be very spinny and not too difficult to use rubber due to softer sponge than usual Chinese stuff and if you search around it can be had for 20$ which is still less than half the usual ESN rubber, so potentially a very good value.

Regarding our similar affliction - well, I simply like testing out various rubbers, seeing what I like and finding good value. When I was a kid and stumbled onto TT the only custom, higher quality bats were available from Butterfly only and that was insanely expensive and out of reach for me at the time so I was forced to play with cheap crappy premades.

Today, in comparison, I constantly feel like I am in a candy shop, with very solid equipment available for mere dollars and couple of clicks away, so I keep clicking :lol:

Plus, I want to popularize TT among friends and local kids so I am always on a lookout for good, affordable equipment that I pass along as gifts.

Right now I am settled on blades (Yinhe 896, W6 or your beloved N11) but I am still open and searching for bestbuy rubbers (so far I like LKTpro xp and "bluefire" Ckylins despite being slow and want to try Kokutaku's and Dragons you recommend)

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 01:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, I was playing back around 1999-2001 and then quit playing until about 18 months ago. When I looked around to see what was available I was absolutely amazed (and quite amused) at the amount of stuff available. Candy shop is a very apt description. Last time I played I used Japanese-style rubber (it was actually American - ASTI, which went out of business around 2000) and I was living in the US. Now I'm outside the US, and it's cheaper to buy directly from China. I'd tried a few sheets of Chinese rubber years before, in the 1980s, though few people in the US used it, so stuff like 729 wasn't that much of a mystery. Given that Japanese and German rubber was sooooo expensive I thought, hey, why not try all these $5 sheets I see on AliExpress? Well, it didn't stop with the $5 sheets... :lol:

Problem is now I've got the dubious distinction of being the expert in the likes of Reactor Corbor and Yinhe 9000... :lol:

Yeah, I've been passing on "loaner" bats to people, too. The lobby crowd now has a couple of my Yinhe pre-mades (which are actually quite good, I was amazed), and I've used some of my big stockpile to re-rubber some of the old pre-mades they'd been playing with. A couple of the folk at Weekend Doubles are using my former equipment - my W6 and that Chinese Penhold (729 Super-1) racket I put together some time ago, and beat me with them..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 13:53 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Corbor and 9000 are quite good...

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 14:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I definitely agree. At least as good as some of the other more oft-mentioned rubbers such as 729 FX, Cream Transcend, Higher, Faster, Snipe, Focus, CJ8000, etc. At about half the price, too. Better than, say, Hurricane, 729 Battle or Big Dipper? I'd say, for some things, yes, and there isn't much difference anyway, not as much as a lot of people (mainly on tabletennisdb) make out.

But still, who else tries to figure out how many kinds of 9000 there are, and the difference between them? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 14:50 

I've been using Tuttle Beijing 4 and while it's nowhere near tenergy but quite nice in terms of speed and spin. They're bit bouncy compared to even some tensor rubbers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 02:38 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
are there any more news about Sanwei Target National? especially in comparison to H3N...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 06:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tenergy doesn't actually shrink if you use legal wbg. I haven't used other tensors enough to know about them, but I just pulled out a used sheet of t05 I took off a blade about a year ago, and it is still 157x150.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 06:51 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
BH: Rakza Z
111Iceman111 wrote:
are there any more news about Sanwei Target National? especially in comparison to H3N...

I've spent a playing season with STN and a couple of hours with standard H3N, so here's my unreliable opinion: STN has softer sponge, more looping control, higher throw/more arc on loops. STN starts off tacky like H3N, but neither my new STN nor my new H3N were what I'd call extremely tacky. Definitely tacky enough to slow the ball right down for short service and pushing.

My black STN didn't stay tacky in the long term (not sure if it's because I use rubber cleaning foam once or twice every playing day :?: ), but remained grippy and controllable. I probably like it a bit better in its grippy-not-tacky form. My red STN is a few months newer than my black STN and is still moderately tacky.

Is STN like a tensor? Hmm…it feels faster than Ye Olde Mark V, but not as springy as Aurus, Baracuda or T05, although it does have enough speed if you put some oomph into it.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 23:53 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so it plays like H3N in the 1st couple of monts and than it lose its tackiness?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 12:00 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
BH: Rakza Z
111Iceman111 wrote:
so it plays like H3N in the 1st couple of monts and than it lose its tackiness?

I found STN to be softer, more controllable in attack, and higher throw than new commercial H3N with Chinese 39° sponge. As I mentioned, I only used H3N very briefly, but it was different enough that I wanted to change back to STN almost immediately. Not saying that one is better than the other, only that I liked STN more.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 12:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

OK, so back to the original topoc. Has anyone actually found any Chinese rubbers that really are like Tensors? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 18:07 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku Flyatt Carbon Pro
FH: Tibhar Aurus TC-1
BH: 729 802 2.1mm
if it meant for made in China..DHS Tinarc series are mostly tensor like.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 21:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Interesting. I've always wondered what Tin Arc was for (weird name.. :lol: ) - none of the top Chinese players use it, no one ever discusses it (and by extension I suppose no one buys or uses it..), it does have softer sponge (going by the "degrees" mentioned on the DHS website), the only time I've seen it on a blade was on some of the higher end DHS pre-mades, where there's always H3 on the other side.

So it's Tensor-like?? It's tuned? With the "speed glue" "catapult" and whatnot??

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 21:22 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Tin Arc was the DHS answer to the Tenergy range. European/Japanese in style. I know one strong player who still uses it, and thinks it's fabulous. I've had a go on it, and really liked it, but it seems expensive for a Chinese rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 23:39 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I hit with Tin Arc III a few times when I borrowed my buddies JSH. I actually didn't look at what rubber it was until after I was done playing with it. He usually plays with Tenergy 80, and that's what I thought it was. I had no idea he had switched to the Tin Arc III till after I was done. Definitely similar to Tenergy/Tensor.

He said the 35 Degree sponge (softer version) was the only one he liked, but he LOVES it. I have to say, I liked it too, but it's not much of a bargain around 40 USD.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions