OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 04:30 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
Took a while to get here. Canada post seems to drop packages into the pacific and let the tidal forces drift them into shore.

But this is the review for TSP Regalis blue in max that Haggisv has graciously sent me for testing.

First let me set some parameters.

I am a defensive player who chops with LP on the backhand although I could tell you my equipment it truly doesn't matter.

My level has varied quite a bit due to injuries but as far as technical skill goes, my forehand loop would be in the top 50 of my country and my forehand chop would be in the top 2.

It is difficult to comment on the amount of spin that a rubber can generate because there is so many factors that play into it. For example looping style, serving style, power of forearm, grip style etc etc. I will say that this rubber provides more then adequate spin to achieve anything you desire in a table tennis shot.

I can however comment on feel. The rubber is very high quality mechanical grip. It is hard by Japanese and European standards but very soft by Chinese standards. Slightly porous sponge with pores similar to that of tenergy. With adequate force applied to the ball it has a very very good catch and release feel which helps me gain control.

I find tensor rubbers have this catch and release feel as well but this one requires more energy input however you always achieve more spin and speed as an outcome. Probably because of the harder feel. This rubber feels much more tenergy like then tensor rubbers.

As far as chopping goes you will not experience the dead feeling that you get from a pure chopping rubber, it requires a proper stroke and not just a hack and almost the same catch and release feeling as looping (although shorter). Sometime I played game where I am determined to chop everything and dead chopping rubbers help lots in this situation however sometimes I play a game where I choose to chop only when I'm perfectly ready as I know the resulting ball will be difficult to perform but very effective if done correctly. This rubber is the latter. Blocks and fishes and counter loops are it's bread and chopping is it's butter.

I would comment on the loops however I have passed the rubber to my coach to test out at a professional level.

More review to follow.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 14:30 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Nice review leatherback! Can you comment on how the Regalis compares to H3N Prov (in your signature) in term of spin, speed, catapult and hardness? Do you see any advantages of the Regalis over the H3N and the other way round? Thanks!

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 14:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks leatherback, so glad you finally got the rubber! :party:

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 21:36 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Matt Pimple wrote:
Nice review leatherback! Can you comment on how the Regalis compares to H3N Prov (in your signature) in term of spin, speed, catapult and hardness? Do you see any advantages of the Regalis over the H3N and the other way round? Thanks!

Two totally different rubbers. The H3 is much harder much slower and much tackier. Better for serves and pushes.

The regalis has much more catapult. It is non tacky and would be better for counter looping, blocking and fishing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 00:19 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
I supposed you didnt boost your h3 neo?
Do update how it plays more on regalis blue if you intend to play with it more, there's regalis red too right?

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 01:12 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
kim biceps wrote:
Do update how it plays more on regalis blue if you intend to play with it more, there's regalis red too right?

If you're interested in more on this rubber, then there's also this: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=29784

There is also a review topic on the red sponge version too.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 02:03 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
kim biceps wrote:

If you're interested in more on this rubber, then there's also this: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=29784

There is also a review topic on the red sponge version too.

Thank yewwwwwwwww

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 03:30 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

kim biceps wrote:

I did boost. Not a single player I know that uses hurricane doesn't boost it.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 04:28 
Super User

leatherback wrote:
kim biceps wrote:

I did boost. Not a single player I know that uses hurricane doesn't boost it.

Ah good to know its slower even boosted, I havent boosted any hurricanes before, the most i did is speed glue it tfti.