OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 08:06 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Anyone tried this rubber?
Is it like a DHS H3 or H3 Neo?
Thanks.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 09:58 
Super User

Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive
FH: Yasaka Shining Dragon
BH: Yasaka Razka 9
Summary from this review: http://www.pingpang.info/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardid=198&Id=241823

Quote:
发球:个人感觉发下旋球时摩擦较好也能够较稳定的吃住球,球很转,尤其在发长下旋球和侧旋时球也很转并很低平也很有劲。这个和狂三比有过之而无不及,但是在发侧上或长侧旋时个人感觉不太好控制,尤其是发急长奔球时容易出界,这可能需适应和磨合一段时间。

Service: Can feel the rubber holding the ball when doing backspin serve, very spinny, especially when serving long backspin/sidespin serves. At the same time the trajectory is low and flat. This is better than Hurricane 3. But it loses control when serving long side/topspin, may need some time to adjust.

Quote:
控制方面:刚一开始还是不太适应,容易起高,可能是比狂三有弹性的缘故吧!带稍加适应和调整后感觉这款套胶的控制还是蛮不错的,尤其再接下旋球时,摆短和控制较好,角度和落点也较清晰。在搓长球速度较快,弧线低平球也比较转,搓长时需加注意因弹性较好很容易搓出界。再接其它旋转时一定注意拍型和手法,由于弹性好很容易起高。总体来说控制还是很不错的。

Control: Bouncier than Hurricane 3, need to adjust. Very good to push short. Pushing long is fast,spinny and low, but need to aware that it may go over the table.

Quote:
拉弧圈球的感受:个人感觉拉弧圈球上台率较高,拉球时弧线较长,旋转好且速度快,球下扎明显但并不狠不如狂三拉出的球“贼”,但比狂三的速度快。拉前冲弧圈球时速度狠快线路低平有爆冲的感觉,可以看出729-08劲速ES套胶的底劲十足,加转和高吊弧圈时,旋转很强,弧线较明显,但速度并不是很快,球落台不是很“贼”,很容易被对方封死或挡回,所以还要注意后几板的回合。

Looping: Can loop consistently with ease, relatively lone arc, fast and spinny, has obvious 'kick' but unlike Hurricane 3. It is faster then Hurricane 3 though. Powerlooping is great, brush looping is spinny but not fast, can be blocked easily.

Quote:
快攻的感受:在攻球时个人感觉729-08劲速ES海绵很有弹性,很有劲声音很脆,稍加用力就能透板听见金属声,且击球速度很快上台率还很高能和对方大力的来上几个回合,说明这款套胶的性能还是较稳定的。还有就是台内球的的挑打很好,只要控制好拍型成功率较高,速度极快令对方防不胜防,这就是韧性和弹性的作用吧。这点要比狂三强些。

Hitting: Good sound, very fast. Flicking is good as long as the bat angle is correct.

Quote:
总之,这款套胶的总体性能还是不错的,稳定性好、容易控制、拉球旋转好而且上台率高,大力扣杀速度极快。非常适合弧快打法的球友使用。相比之下个人感觉唯一不足的是拉弧圈球的速度稍欠缺些,不是很贼,我想如果适当提高胶皮的粘性会是否好些?(个人建议 仅供参考)。总的来说729-08劲速ES套胶还是相当不错的,比较容易适应,我还是十分满意的。

Conclusion: it is a consistent rubber with good control, looping is spinny while hitting is fast. Suitable for looping-fast attack style. The only drawback is the speed of loop, good but not great; also the 'kick' is not vicious like Hurricane 3, maybe should make the rubber tackier?(So this rubber is not very tacky then...) Overall it is a good rubber, I am satisfied.

Disclaimer: Accuracy of this review (and translating) is NOT guaranteed :devil: But I would guess shaolinTT you can read chinese yeah? so it won't be a big problem :P

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive Cpen - Yasaka Shining Dragon - Yasaka Razka 9
Galaxy U2 Cpen - Galaxy Sun - Galaxy Moon

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 11:12 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Thanks for the translation, hclnnkhg!
My Chinese is limited. I can read enough to understand, but can't write.
Chinese New Year is coming so I have a reason to EJ a bit and buy myself something, off course only Chinese brands for Chinese New Year! Preferably red in colour...

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 12:25 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

Red because it is the Year of the Rabbit? :f:

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 13:25 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Oskar wrote:

Red for luck and fortune, I guess.
e.g. DHS / Double Happiness is really "Red Double Happiness" and logo is in red. An old dhs bat would have that logo on.
:)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 00:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
I am trying this rubber again and initial impressions are good. I had used it with a galaxy de-1 defensive blade and it felt pretty slow, spinny but lacking power. Have now played with it on a Kris special blade (which is balsa and really speeds things up) and a new blade to me-darker 7ply hinoki def.

Initial impressions-very good control with short game-both keeping it short and flipping short balls with my FH. Very spinny serves. Pushes well. Anything to my FH long I can loop and loop very well. Great kick off the table. Certainly not the top end speed of razka 7. I have not used it much in counter looping off of the table or chopping with my FH. I did have one shot where I was dumbfounded and looked at my rubber for a wet spot last night and did not see one-but there could have been one on the ball.

Further testing-want to try this on LQ-2-which has a bigger head than the darker blade and significantly more flex/spring. I need to see how it counter loops off the table and I am interested in how long the factory tuning lasts-it comes in sealed plastic. I am also testing similar rubbers-apollo 3, darker vlon-S and sword Maze. I think I may be happy with the 729-08 ES for a while unless one of these others beats it out. One other nice thing is that it is very easy to get in the US in terms of supply-unlike some of the others I am testing.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 02:59 

Blade: Versal Penhold
FH: Magic Power 1.8
BH: XT Green Dragon 2.1
Bumping this. Can anyone comment on the below please?

1) Longevity: How long does the topsheet stay tacky?
2) Durability: Is this a semi-tuned/tension product? Do you have to glue it carefully and store it safely? Can I use Elmer's cement to glue it on?
3) Value: Is it worth it to upgrade from a traditional Chinese rubber that is cheaper?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 03:31 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Its a solid choice really, the tackiness doesnt go the even after 4-5 months (I've gifted it to my fren after using it for a while.) My experience is to put it on a off or off+ blade, while it is not a slow rubber, the tackiness hinders super aggressive play on slower blades.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 10:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

And I'll betcha if you put 729-01, 729-02, 729-03, 729-04, 729-05, 729-06, 729-07, 729-09 or even Batwings on the other side you wouldn't be able to tell the difference... :lol:

Oskar wrote:

I thought it was the Year of the Monkey. Hmmmm... :lol:

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!