OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2018, 03:53 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
As an aside, I am in love with the large pore sponged 729 Super Fx in 1.5mm for chopping. It's so dampening, yet fast.... I beat a penholder I typicality lose to chopping double inverted with it on the backhand. I then proceeded to get spanked by my practice partner, except for the last game. which revealed to me that I am not quite dialed in with when the rubber is fast and when it is not. Nonetheless, I really like the rubber. Best way I can describe it, if Reflectoid and Victas V>401 had a baby, it would be 729 SuperFX large pore in blue sponge. It's modern-ish and chinese-ish.

I think I want to try a thicker sponge than 1.5 though for more topspin consistency...like maybe 1.8mm. I also want to try a 2.0 reflectoid on the BH. I've only ever used 2.0mm reflectoid on the FH.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2018, 04:03 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:
As an aside, I am in love with the large pore sponged 729 Super Fx in 1.5mm for chopping. It's so dampening, yet fast.... I beat a penholder I typicality lose to chopping double inverted with it on the backhand. I then proceeded to get spanked by my practice partner, except for the last game. which revealed to me that I am not quite dialed in with when the rubber is fast and when it is not. Nonetheless, I really like the rubber. Best way I can describe it, if Reflectoid and Victas V>401 had a baby, it would be 729 SuperFX large pore in blue sponge. It's modern-ish and chinese-ish.

I think I want to try a thicker sponge than 1.5 though for more topspin consistency...like maybe 1.8mm. I also want to try a 2.0 reflectoid on the BH. I've only ever used 2.0mm reflectoid on the FH.

You know you can twiddle, right? :)

Where do you get this rubber: "729 SuperFX large pore in blue sponge" - seems like a very specific combo, and your description of its properties seems to be intriguing.

As far as dual nature of it: slow vs. fast - I ran into similar scenario with Reflectoid on Barricade. Flat hits don't make it over the net (like hitting with a pillow), but when you brush the ball it actually flies ok. Almost like a training aid IMHO.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2018, 13:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/729-Sup ... 99591.html

(Cheapest price at the moment.) Goes as low as 1.0mm (only red available at this time though). The blue sponge only comes with the black topsheet, the red has a red sponge. Not all thicknesses available in all colors at the moment, but as Eacheng always tells me, keep checking if they don't have something, their stock changes from day to day and hour to hour.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 01:59 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
pgpg wrote:
You know you can twiddle, right? :)

Haha, yeah. I was playing Long pips and modern/classic d with the reflectoid. This was years ago. Way before I fell in love with 1.0mm reflectoid for classic D. I twiddled, but only on pushes back then. Almost never chopped with the inverted on the backhand, and only blocked for anything topspin on the backhand. I still might have been toying with the seemiller grip too, which worked well for me.

pgpg wrote:
Where do you get this rubber: "729 SuperFX large pore in blue sponge" - seems like a very specific combo, and your description of its properties seems to be intriguing.

As far as dual nature of it: slow vs. fast - I ran into similar scenario with Reflectoid on Barricade. Flat hits don't make it over the net (like hitting with a pillow), but when you brush the ball it actually flies ok. Almost like a training aid IMHO.

Isk got it. That's where I purchased it. Reflectoid can be fast too, but it's due to the pips and brushing on loops. With the SuperFX Blue sponge (or red sponge if it's red), if feel like the sponge itself is springy on forward strokes, but dampening on passive ones, like Victas 401.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 08:56 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
dazzler wrote:
Joola Tango def was the one that worked ,1.2 sponge was used by some quality veteran defenders I know in higher divisions,one bought up a load of sheets before it was discontinued and last time I saw him he was fretting as his stock was almost gone
Joola should bring it back or an alternative I think there is a demand still.

haha - I cornered the market - I have 17 sheets in stock... :)

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 11:45 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
PRW wrote:
dazzler wrote:
Joola Tango def was the one that worked ,1.2 sponge was used by some quality veteran defenders I know in higher divisions,one bought up a load of sheets before it was discontinued and last time I saw him he was fretting as his stock was almost gone

And you even don't seem to use it, per your profile signature :)

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 12:01 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
pgpg wrote:
PRW wrote:
dazzler wrote:

And you even don't seem to use it, per your profile signature :)

haha - exactly right - it's a preemptive strike, to prevent others from using it against me! :D
They are worth more than Bitcoin...

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 17:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Japsican wrote:
With the SuperFX Blue sponge (or red sponge if it's red), if feel like the sponge itself is springy on forward strokes, but dampening on passive ones, like Victas 401.

Doesn't this sound like what balsa blades play like?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2018, 02:39 

So, I just got the 729 SUPER FX-C (CONTROL) 1.0 mm for my backhand on my DefPlay Senso blade. I play modern defense/ all round, and found it very spinny for chopping and pushes, but it just did not have enough gas to play attacking shots for me, so I am back to Air Defenders on my backhand.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2018, 04:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Bobv wrote:
So, I just got the 729 SUPER FX-C (CONTROL) 1.0 mm for my backhand on my DefPlay Senso blade. I play modern defense/ all round, and found it very spinny for chopping and pushes, but it just did not have enough gas to play attacking shots for me, so I am back to Air Defenders on my backhand.

Recomend Donic slice 40 (1.5 sponge)for this type of strategy,on Defplay very good looping and also backspin rubber on b/h,they should have done it in 1.8 for f/h rather than the new slice 40 cd which is more like a dead chinese sticky rubber

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!