OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 00:31 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Hello everyone, I have gone back to trying thin inverted on the FH.... during some EJ'ing I revisited 1.0mm reflectoid and I am loving it. I have become far more consistent attacking with this version of a thin inverted, so it's in my mind viable again for me to explore thin rubbers in general. (Blogged on it specifically if you care to read about my experiences with that).

It's virtually perfect, except i'd like it to be slightly spinnier for serves and slightly faster. My thinking is that I can find these qualities in a modern (or even a faster classic rubber) which might be a little faster, and hopefully spinnier...preferably grippy.

The criteria I want to meet is that it needs to be 1.1 or less, as I actually WANT it to consistently bottom out rather than sometimes bottoming out.

Not sure if this is even possible, but I imagine in my head a Tensor or Modern rubber like Xiom Omega/vega/asia , donic barracuda, MX-P, or Tenergy 05, but...and this is the big but....ONLY in 1.0mm or less.

Does anyone know of a rubber that matches this description?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 00:33 

One rubber I'm looking at is Mark V in 1.0mm. Kinda pricey, but only one i know of so far. All the rest are 1.2 or higher.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 01:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
interesting thread-(Blogged on it specifically if you care to read about my experiences with that).
do you have the original link please.
strange you should bring this thread up as i was thinking of sticking on some old tac c in 1.1.(not modern i know)
i have no problem with attacking with this on f/h or b/h and its good for chopping.
i would use it on the f/h as i have fast anti on the b/h.
i can then flip and then chop on the b/h with it.
i think greg letts has used tac c in this thickness in the past.
i also know a defender who attacks with super defence in o.5 on his f/h

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

Last edited by peterpong on 28 Oct 2016, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 01:30 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:
Hello everyone, I have gone back to trying thin inverted on the FH.... during some EJ'ing I revisited 1.0mm reflectoid and I am loving it. I have become far more consistent attacking with this version of a thin inverted, so it's in my mind viable again for me to explore thin rubbers in general. (Blogged on it specifically if you care to read about my experiences with that).

It's virtually perfect, except i'd like it to be slightly spinnier for serves and slightly faster. My thinking is that I can find these qualities in a modern (or even a faster classic rubber) which might be a little faster, and hopefully spinnier...preferably grippy.

The criteria I want to meet is that it needs to be 1.1 or less, as I actually WANT it to consistently bottom out rather than sometimes bottoming out.

Not sure if this is even possible, but I imagine in my head a Tensor or Modern rubber like Xiom Omega/vega/asia , donic barracuda, MX-P, or Tenergy 05, but...and this is the big but....ONLY in 1.0mm or less.

Does anyone know of a rubber that matches this description?

I think if you can find a modern tensor in 1.2, you should try it. You never know, you might like it. :)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 02:21 

peterpong wrote:
do you have the original link please.

Yep, in my signature. It will go to the most recent post. :)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 02:21 

pgpg wrote:

I think if you can find a modern tensor in 1.2, you should try it. You never know, you might like it. :)

Well, yeah, that's what I'm saying! Haha. I want to try one under 1.2, but I can't find one. Know of any?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 02:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Here's why I think such rubbers don't exist. These "modern rubbers" are designed to do what? Make lots of spin and generate high speed. You do that by, um, boosting the sponge, coming up with the optimal pips arrangement, optimizing the chemical composition of the topsheet, etc. etc. etc. And why use thick sponge? Exactly the same reasons - you want lots of spin and more speed. So to get as much spin and speed as possible, you combine the thick sponge AND all the technology you have. So why use all this technology with thin sponge? You've just thrown away half of what you need to get what you wanted to achieve in the first place. And besides, if you make a Tensor with 1.0mm sponge, it'll be the equivalent of, say, Sriver with 1.3mm sponge. Why bother making the Tensor with 1.0mm sponge to begin with?

Not to say someone might not come up with this brilliant marketing idea and do it anyway... People will buy stuff if they THINK it's better... All you need is to come up with the proper cover designs and some hype to put on the back of the packet... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 02:45 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Agree totally with Iskandar. Why were Tensors invented in the first place? To replace the effect of rubbers like Sriver, glued to the max. Making a Tensor with a thin sponge is like a contradiction in design principles.

I did compile a list of rubbers in ~1.0mm for myself... I will see if I can fish it out!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 03:10 

Why? For the same reason why they make tensor LPs like Dtecs in 1.0mm. For the same reason Tenergy comes in 1.7mm. Most of it feeling, and a difference in speed and control.

Tensors give a certain feeling. Some would also equate the thinner sponge with control for things like chopping. I like the feeling of chopping with tensors. I like the control for me of chopping wiht thinner sponge. I like the catapult of chopping with tensors. So, I would like to marry the two. I know that chopping with a thin tensor would be faster than Reflectoid, and I'm sure I'd like it if I could find one. Doesn't have to be a tensor per se, but it does need to have a bit of catapult compared to chinese thin sponged rubbers.

Need proof of concept? Compare thin sponged classic inverted rubbers at 1.0mm to their dead chinese counterparts. Both are good in their own ways. Or compare P-1R to FL3 to DTECs to Xiom LPO.

The FL3 is completely different, slower, and different feeling than Dtecs. Yet there are top players playing with both. Why does Joo like chopping with Tensor LPs? I doubt it has to do with spin or speed in his case, It's about feeling and control (relative to the user).

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 03:13 

And a lot of things are designed for a purpose in the first place, only to find that it serves a more useful purpose in other ways. So that argument is a bit flawed.

Either way, if someone can find an example...again doesn't' have to be a tensor, just a rubber faster than Reflectoid...please let me know. (And spinnier too :) )

Last edited by Japsican on 28 Oct 2016, 05:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 04:45 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Mk v is VERY spinny in 1mm and chop n drive worth a look too.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 05:25 

Maybe you should consider TSP Triple Spin.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 08:14 
Super User

Friendship 729 FX and Globe 999 readily spring to mind. Also, here is a link to classic Sriver available in 1.3 at http://www.teessport.com/rubbers-c6/but ... rubber-p25. Good luck!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 08:32 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
why cant you make the combination you want by yourself?

when i was playing with thin rubber on BH i took custom 0.5mm sponge and glued it on globe 999 topsheet...

so i suggest you do the same...it is not against the rules...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 09:02 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Rubber,

Both Tackiness Chop 1 and 2 available in 1.1 mm

Sponge,

Both Tuple and BLutenkirsche a
Available in 1.2 mm and thinner. :D

Btw, how thin the thinnest sponge behind inverted rubber that still legal?

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk