OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 09:23 
Super User

for me, best non tensor 1.0 mm is a combination...it's LKT Pro XT on 1.0 mm HRS sponge ( on a Nittaku Resist) best spin and control after experiencing with
both Triple Spins, Tackiness Chops and 729s and Globe 999s....

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 09:30 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
radeB wrote:
Maybe you should consider TSP Triple Spin.

Sorry, but triple spin is exactly the rubber that I am trying to improve on. It has no catapult. And is too slow on pushes and serves for my taste....worse than reflectoid. Here is where the sponge matters...as does the 0.2mm of sponge.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 12:48 

Blade: DHS HK III
FH: Juic 999 Turbo 2.0
BH: Juic 999 Turbo 2.0
Tibhar Super Defence 40 might be worth considering, sems to be very similar to the gambler reflectoid and is available in 0.5mm and 0.9mm thickness, it may be a problem trying to get any topspin out of this rubber though, so it won't be much use for looping at all.

HnG

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2016, 05:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

May I suggest, just by way of an innocent experiment, do you see... a dab of Seamoon on the Reflectoid, just to see what it does... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2016, 22:29 

deleted post...double post.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Last edited by Japsican on 31 Oct 2016, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2016, 22:29 

iskandar taib wrote:
May I suggest, just by way of an innocent experiment, do you see... a dab of Seamoon on the Reflectoid, just to see what it does... :lol:

Iskandar

That's actually not a bad idea. I may do that.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2016, 22:32 

☆hit'n'giggle☆ wrote:
Tibhar Super Defence 40 might be worth considering, sems to be very similar to the gambler reflectoid and is available in 0.5mm and 0.9mm thickness, it may be a problem trying to get any topspin out of this rubber though, so it won't be much use for looping at all.

HnG

I'm considering it, except that I want something faster than Reflectoid. Also...man is it expensive.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2016, 22:34 

deva sarjan wrote:
for me, best non tensor 1.0 mm is a combination...it's LKT Pro XT on 1.0 mm HRS sponge ( on a Nittaku Resist) best spin and control after experiencing with
both Triple Spins, Tackiness Chops and 729s and Globe 999s....

So Deva, do you glue this together yourself? Because I haven't had much success with custome glued rubber/sponge combinations in terms of durability. They seem to separate to easily. Now, I've never done it myself, I tend to let Cole or Zeropong do igt for me, and I believe they use Rubber Cement....

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2016, 22:37 

111Iceman111 wrote:
why cant you make the combination you want by yourself?

when i was playing with thin rubber on BH i took custom 0.5mm sponge and glued it on globe 999 topsheet...

so i suggest you do the same...it is not against the rules...

I'm sure I can, but I have never tried myself, but rather hand retailers do it for me. None of them last long and they start to separate. I did this with LKT Pro, which I liked, but the pips were sliding in the middle after a while and separated. Bubbled a bit, and it was clear in terms of feeling that it had separated. When I pulled it apart to try to re-glue, none of the center of the rubbers remained glued to the sponge. THe egdes were fine.

What kind of glue do you use?

I wouldn't mind experimenting just nervous to ruin several topsheets learning how to do this.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 05:51 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
they must have done a sloppy job...

the procedure how i did it before was:

you smear a little glue evenly on the glass, little more than the size of the rubber, and than gently lower the pimpled side of the backside on it so only tops of the pimple are touching the glue...
that way you will not get the glue between the pimples...

than glue the sponge to the blade and than glue the top of the sponge that is going on pimple side of the backside...leave it all dry and than gently put the pimpled side of the backside that you glued to the sponge and press it firmly. Try not to leave any bubbles...leave it under some heavy books overnight and that is that...i never had problems...

you can practice on some cheap rubbers 1st :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 14:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It'll never work man. Not with the glues we use for attaching rubber, anyway. The glue they use at the factory to attach toosheets is something a great deal stronger than anything we use. Try separating a Sriver topsheet from the sponge, you'll end up destroying the sponge or pulling the pips off the topsheet. If you can't get this sort of bond then you have a sub-optimal setup. If you really do want to do this I'd suggest using the type of contact cement they use for formica countertops rather than anything they sell for use in table tennis.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 02:33 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
it is true i did this in time of a speed glues...

this day, you can try to do it with water based on some test rubbers and if it fails you can try with some elastic glue they are using for gluing rubber...it is not a rocket science...believe me... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 02:10 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
111Iceman111 wrote:
it is true i did this in time of a speed glues...

this day, you can try to do it with water based on some test rubbers and if it fails you can try with some elastic glue they are using for gluing rubber...it is not a rocket science...believe me... :up:

One thing you might try is to use rubber cement on the sponge and a water based glue on the pips. It may create a stronger bond than using water based glue only. I have not tried this myself, only indirectly when reattaching inverted rubber to a blade after the change from rubber cement to water based glues. It was difficult to remove later on, which doesn't prove anything for the current problem, but might be worth trying on some cheep sheet.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 03:30 

Nah, they are both latex based glues and they are weak bonds as a rule. That's their purpose.

I regularly glue Rubber cement to WBG with my rackets all of the time and the bond is just as fragile as using RC to RC.

In fact, I'd say that gluing WBG to WBG, depending on the brand, is a stronger bond.

In order to get the bond you want, you need something different than a latex-based glue, and I am not willing to experiment ruining rubbers and sponges to figure out what will work. Sponge will literally melt when it comes in to contact with certain glues that use solvents, bases or acids to keep the glue in liquid form when in the container.

I mean, just watch how crazy OX pips react to heptane from RC. I wonder what a cyanoacrylate glue would do to sponge or rubber? I know superglue can actually ignite cotton under the right conditions.

I'm no chemist or engineer...but I think there are a few on this site.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 19:05 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Not sure if you can find it anymore, but XIOM Yanus DF came in 1.5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!