OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 07 May 2024, 06:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 04:58 

Hi all.

In the market for new rubbers and having done lots of number crunching on various data sites and read loads of reviews and opinions on all sorts of rubbers, sponges, throw angles, spin etc etc I have convinced myself that the 5Q sound power update is hopefully gonna suit me and my game.

Was wandering if any of you have used them and in particular how well they cope with a controlled all round game fairly close to the table and are the serves sufficiently spinny?

Thank you.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 10:10 

I used this rubber for an extended amount of time. Its a good all round , do it all rubber. Plays very similar to Razka 7. Serves are spinny enough. Not overwhelming like a Chinese tacky, but fits right in with the current tensor family.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 00:11 

Thanks for the reply MindTrip

I played tt for a couple of years about 12 years ago and used the cheap tacky Chinese rubbers which I found great for imparting spin with little technique.
I have been playing again for the last few months and wanted to try something a little more progressive and to work more on my strokes to improve my all round game as I intend to stay playing for the foreseeable future.

Rakza 7 was one that I had also considered so glad to know the 5q sound is similar.

You mention that you USED it suggesting you no longer do. Was wandering what made you change. Too fast, slow, soft?

I intend to get my game up to speed with these rubbers and to see where I am in a year and maybe upgrade to something a little faster maybe, if my game is up to it of course!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 01:48 

Yes, I used it on the backhand for several months. It maintained its composure on softer shots and blocks. It loops reasonably well. I stopped using it because I wanted a little more speed and higher arc without changing blades.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!