OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 22:31 

Blade: YASAKA EXTRA SPECIAL
FH: 999 SUPER T
BH: RAKZA 7
The new trend by CNT is the use of hurricane 3 on bh. The explanation given is that its used to decrease the power being generated by the other player. i have tried using my Fh rubber which is 999 Super t on bh but it requires more brushing technique. I am eager to get others view i n this regard. Thanks

Last edited by drgaurav75 on 14 May 2017, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 22:39 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
They also neglect to mention that the hurricane they are using on backhand has a much softer sponge then on the forehand.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 23:31 

The softer sponge can be due to the excessive boosting in my opinion.

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 23:40 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
If I am not mistaken the new DHS H3 Neo CNT-version comes in Cream sponge, and is more comparable to Gold Arc / Tin Arc sponges ??

CNT always has their sponges boosted and the topsheets are way more tacky than anything we will ever get commercially.

And CNT sponge hardness is supposed to be like a rock more than 57 deg. or something. So relatively these Cream sponge H3N CNT-version must be like 50 deg. or something so will become 47 deg. after boosting ? Which must be super-soft compared to what the CNT is used to. :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 01:01 

man_iii wrote:
If I am not mistaken the new DHS H3 Neo CNT-version comes in Cream sponge, and is more comparable to Gold Arc / Tin Arc sponges ??

CNT always has their sponges boosted and the topsheets are way more tacky than anything we will ever get commercially.

And CNT sponge hardness is supposed to be like a rock more than 57 deg. or something. So relatively these Cream sponge H3N CNT-version must be like 50 deg. or something so will become 47 deg. after boosting ? Which must be super-soft compared to what the CNT is used to. :lol:

I thought CNT was using Hurricane 3 and not the H 3 NEO on BH.You are using Rising dragon on bh. How is it to use a tacky rubber on bh?

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 01:30 

The CNT depending on player are using H3 Neo bs sponge on forehand I'm pretty sure Ma Long and Zhang Jike use 41.5 degree they have gone for a bit harder sponge since the introduction of the poly ball and on the backhand they use H3 Cream sponge 37 degree. The benefit of the cream sponge is that its more soft to enable the play to absorb the spin and speed that the opponent has put on the ball. Also once boosted they are more elastic than the standard neo sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 02:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Maybe, just MAYBE, you can buy them here.. :lol:

http://prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=51

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 12:41 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
drgaurav75 wrote:
man_iii wrote:

I thought CNT was using Hurricane 3 and not the H 3 NEO on BH.You are using Rising dragon on bh. How is it to use a tacky rubber on bh?

YRD is only slightly Chinese tacky but more European Grippy rubber. The Red YRD is very similar to Rakza7 rubber. YRD Black has a denser sponge so the behaviour is different, more Chinese than Euro.

Also my playing level is more beginner in nature. Some of the higher-ranking members complained that the rubber doesn't excel neither as a Chinese rubber nor as a Euro rubber.

Since I am still learning, All-Round balsa blade + All-Round rubbers are an excellent combo to help give me more confidence in playing my strokes. I haven't felt the need to EJ on my main blade for nearly 1 year !!! :up: :rock: :lol: But now I just EJ for fun :rofl: I have several backup blades and tried several Euro and Chinese rubbers. Still havent gotten the "courage" or should I say "gold" to try experimenting with Japanese rubbers yet :o I think I will try this TSP Regalis Blue ? or TSP Regalis Red ? maybe ? I haven't got a clue about Nittaku rubbers or JUIC or Gewo or whatever other Japanese rubbers are out there ... And dont tell me about Bloody Butterfly ... too damn pricey ! so big no no to butterfly :P :rofl: :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 03:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I went to have a look at the latest rankings and rubber among the top players:

Men:

https://tabletennis.guide/equipment.php?gender=1

Women:

https://tabletennis.guide/equipment.php?gender=2

If there is a move in the CNT towards Hurricane 3 on the backhand it's either over or it's not terribly evident at the very top. Among the men, only Ma Long uses H3 on the backhand. Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and Fang Bo all use some form of Tenergy on the backhand. On the womens' side, NO ONE uses H3 on the backhand. Ding Ning, Zhu Yuling and Chen Meng use Tenergy, Wu Yang uses Spectol. On the forehand, H3 Neo seems the most popular variant (Ma Long's the only one using non-Neo non-Skyline H3). Practically no one else uses H3 among the men outside the Chinese National Team, even among Chinese expatriates. H3 Neo seems popular among the top non-Chinese women, though (5 in the top 30). The top Chinese expatriate woman (Feng Tianwei), however, uses Stiga Boost (have to go look that up...). Tenergy is still king, apparently, in terms of numbers of players using it.

I assume this listing is fairly up to date. Top five women has changed - Ding Ning, Zhu Yuling, Chen Meng, Hirano Miu, Feng Tianwei in that order.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 03:48 

Blade: Prasidha Premade CPEN
FH: Globe 999 Commercial
BH: Moon
iskandar taib wrote:
The top Chinese expatriate woman (Feng Tianwei), however, uses Stiga Boost (have to go look that up...). Tenergy is still king, apparently, in terms of numbers of players using it.

I'm pretty sure this is very old data from back when Feng was sponsored by Stiga (back then they were even saying Xu Xin, Zhu Yuling used Stiga Boost. These days they probably have their players say they use a variation of the Airoc rubbers.)
Since then the whole SG team has gone Donic and Feng has since been cut from their national team.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 08:44 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Sun Ying Sha uses H3 on the BH (and FH). She is probably the future world number 1. Feng Tianwei is currently using a Hurricane Long 5 (type) of blade, not sure of the rubber.

EDIT: I noticed recently on T2 series that Feng Tianwei was using a clipper-like blade, looks like the DHS Hurricane Long 3, not Long 5. Again, could be a variant.

Last edited by darucla on 13 Oct 2017, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 09:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Feng Tianwei is still World No. 5 Singapore Team or no Singapore Team. Any more up to date info? In any case... it really doesn't look like the top players at least have moved to H3 on the backhand en masse. Just Ma Long.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 10:02 
Super User

I wasn't suggeting that Feng was on the CNT, just replying to your mention of her. She is number 6 on the ITTF August 2017 ranking (number 17 on Ratings Central).

I don't think there will a mass change by the current Chinese team, but I suspect there may be a growing trend amongst the newer players, ie, the ones we don't see on the senior tour yet. But really, it's down to who sponsors who.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 13:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, I know.. I was responding to "Hu Limei" (maybe I should change my "handle" to "Ma Long".. or "Istvan Jonyer".. ) :lol: I don't think the CNT's massive use of Tenergy on the backhand means any sort of sponsorship from Butterfly, though - I think the CNT buys the Tenergy. If you believe that prott.vip web site, they even pay Butterfly for special harder-sponge "pro" versions of Tenergy.

http://prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=52

They also claim to be selling Liu Shiwen's backhand H3 (which implies, of course, that she uses H3 on the backhand). Apparently 36 degree (i.e. softer than normal). Heck.. looks like they claim to have backhand H3 made for practically ALL the Chinese womens' team - Chen Meng (39), Li Xiaoxia (40), Zhu Yuling (38), Wu Yang(38), even Ma Long (37) and Xu Xin (37)... :lol: Interestingly enough - these all have DHS holograms. Why would the CNT players need the holograms? :lol:

http://prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=51

I guess, if you believe these guys, the CNT really has (or did) make a mass move to H3 on the backhand, though it's possible it was a temporary thing - if a top player (and his/her coach) says he or she would rather move back to Tenergy, I'm sure they wouldn't prevent it. They'd even pay for it.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2017, 02:27 
Super User

I have actually played a few times in the last fortnight, as my wrist is getting better, and have taken the opportunity to try some experiments, specifically with softer Chinese rubber for BH.

So, I bought a DHS H301, on which I put a provincial H3 (40 degree) for the FH and a H3-50 (37 degree) on the BH. It is likely to become my favourite bat. At least, it is the one with which I play best currently. It gives me most of the advantages of a softer Euro rubber on the BH, without the catapault which I don't really want. Lot of control. If I can say goodbye to tensors, I will be happy.*

Neither of these are the heavily tacky topsheets, so they don't collect so much dust and stuff. And I can get them for much less than the price of good tensors (not to mention both sheets are less than half of one Tenergy here); win-win. I've also got some Skyline TG3-60, for a future experiment on BH.

*If I can avoid the temptation of National Blue Sponge H3, I'll be happy too.