OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2018, 03:59 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Extra
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7
[quote="leatherback"]Don't do too many reviews as they are so subjective.....

However....

This rubber needs gets a serious pat on the back.

I've played extensively with H3 (boosted) and when my stock runs out I play with Tenergy 05 until I can find more.

I understand these are two totally different rubbers but just giving out some background info.

I have tried every "tacky tensor" that had been released so far because frankly I just get sick of the boosting process and redoing it every 2 weeks and having to time the best boosting period for when you have a tournament and your rubbers die too fast and it makes a mess blah blah blah blah....

Palio Thor's was weird. Sponge and top sheet didn't have a good synergy.

Xiom tau is way to hard even for a Chinese tacky.

And then there is Yasaka Rising Dragon....

Feels like a perfectly boosted 39 deg h3, no boosts required.

I mean there is small marginal differences such as every so slightly less tack, but the tack fades on h3 when you boost it anyway and I didn't have to adjust my strokes in anyway.

I'm not going to comment on spin on speed or anything because those are so subjective to play style it makes almost no sense to do so.

Fantastic rubber. Professional quality.

I would recommend.

-
Circa 2018.. This is not the rubber you need for the polyball.. The performance is average..i would say there are better premade rackets out there..Its why nobody of any importance uses it at any level..THE KEY to domination with the polyball is Chinese full stroke technique with Euro rubbers.Its difficult to achieve a balance but then Ping pong aint easy.. U got to put in the sweat and blood..

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2018, 07:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It would be good if someone could compared to the new JOOLA Golden Tango PS, another tacky Tensor.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2018, 16:18 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
I ordered Yasaka Shining Dragon and was accidentally shipped Rising Dragon about 2 months ago.

I was initially disappointed but decided to stick with it and try it out. Boy am I glad I did! The company ended up correcting the mistake and sending me a sheet of YSD, but I’ll have to try that out after I’m done with the YRD.

The YRD with my FH stroke is very spinny and I feel for how fast it is, at the same time it is very controlled. It’s quite surprising for a ruber that loses its tack quite fast how spinny it still is!

I have lots of confidence with this rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2018, 16:09 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
If you like the YRD, you will love the YSD spin+speed!

YRD is not very tacky, it is very grippy topsheet. What I found was with the YRD I can put a lot of effort into the stroke and not worry too much about if I would land the ball or not. Like Euro rubbers, YRD is very forgiving. And YRD has a medium-throw, when I push I don't have to lift the ball too much over the net and loops tend to have good height over the net.

With YSD being a more Chinese-type rubber, the throw is medium-low, loops tend to get a lot flatter, pushes need lifting above the net, etc. Also YSD is not very forgiving if you don't have good stroke and good touch and good amount of power. YSD will kill your arm if you aren't fit to play fast and hard.

I feel YRD is a "springgier" rubber compared to YSD,but during game-play YSD seems to have the greater potential to generate a spinnier and faster ball. YRD is more the "control" rubber of the two.

YRD is supposed to be a hybrid rubber, I guess Euro-rubber users will like this.
YSD is more Chinese rubber, it is very lightweight! and performs like other Chinese rubbers.

I still notice that YRD and YSD topsheets will de-laminate if you are too aggressive in removing the rubbers from the blade. You MUST use Nail-polish Remover or Acetone to remove flawlessly, else bye-bye YRD/YSD. No dome/dish on the YRD. Some dish on the YSD doesn't really affect rubber performance.

Falco Booster / Speed-glue is a BIG NO NO with both YRD / YSD from MY Perspective. YSD becomes a Taco Shell and only gives about 10 - 20% more speed ? Can't over-boost for more speed it doesn't work. YRD has ZERO reaction to any boosting. It might Taco or watnot, but NO change in performance!

QC is Yasaka's guarantee, I can say that though I have seen noticeable weight differences, never faced different performances from so far 3-pairs of sheets ( both black and red ) each pair purchased 6 months at a time.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2018, 23:14 

So which do you prefer after using both? How long have you been using each?

Thanks for the details!

I probably need to improve my stroke as I’m already finding that I feel like I need more lift or arm speed to get my balls a bit higher or dipping more. I tend to clip the net a lot.

I’m always getting feedback that all of my shots are super spinny

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 05:29 
Super User

Alas wrote:
So which do you prefer after using both? How long have you been using each?

Thanks for the details!

I probably need to improve my stroke as I’m already finding that I feel like I need more lift or arm speed to get my balls a bit higher or dipping more. I tend to clip the net a lot.

I’m always getting feedback that all of my shots are super spinny

YRD is more like Hybrid rubber. I find I can play slow strokes, more control, better placement, and All-Round playstyle. But it is taking a lot of effort to generate power. I can spin, but speed somehow missing when I play my strokes. Might be I am unconsciously controlling more.

YSD is Chinese rubber. I find I can hit/brush very very hard with the rubber. Ball will always land on the other side. If I put lots of effort, I can play amazing spin/power shots. But rubber makes you tired, you have to be physically stronger to use it for long time ( more than 1 hour for me ). During play, I can spin, hit, loop, loop-drive, cut, push, block, rubber somehow feels faster when playing. Might be I am more confident in hitting so adding speed without fear.

After training nearly 1 year / 1.5 years with YRD ... I am now confidently able to play with YSD and generate the power+spin as I needed to with more physical effort. Using YRD on backup blade, usually for office colleagues, where table is dead-slow and they can't usually handle my full power :lol: so YRD gives me good workout, while colleague feels more confident blocking, and playing with me.

If I did same with the YSD setup, it would be total washout, I play 2 loops max, colleague running around picking up ball :-P :rofl: Have to scale back power, and I won't be putting any effort.

So if you are beyond beginner stages, and like Chinese rubbers, YSD is VERY light-weight and very very comfortable choice :-)

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 16:27 

Ah, thanks for your details!

I have to agree, I feel like YRD is very controlled, but I do miss the feeling of a harder Chinese rubber. I like feeling confident my ball will always arch into the table. With YRD (comparing to Galaxy/Yinhe Mercury II), I feel like I have to concentrate a bit extra hard to brush (like consciously think “BRUSH IT!”) to get that spinny dip I’m used to with the Chinese rubber. I have to admit though, it is very spinny when I achieve that properly.

I’m really excited to get my YSD sheet on and see the spin and extra effort I can add to my strokes...but I’m trying to be disciplined by waiting until the YRD is done. I wonder how long that’s going to take..?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 15:20 
Super User

Alas wrote:
Ah, thanks for your details!...but I’m trying to be disciplined by waiting until the YRD is done. I wonder how long that’s going to take..?

My first YRD sheet lasted nearly 1.5 years!!! I destroyed it when I pulled it when removing instead of using Nail Polish Remover like I usually do :-P Second sheets of YRD are now 6 months old ? I dunno ... I can't remember when I glued them on! :lol:

Be prepared to wait till you damage the sheet :P :rofl: :lol:

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2018, 05:30 

man_iii wrote:
Alas wrote:
Ah, thanks for your details!...but I’m trying to be disciplined by waiting until the YRD is done. I wonder how long that’s going to take..?

My first YRD sheet lasted nearly 1.5 years!!! I destroyed it when I pulled it when removing instead of using Nail Polish Remover like I usually do :-P Second sheets of YRD are now 6 months old ? I dunno ... I can't remember when I glued them on! :lol:

Be prepared to wait till you damage the sheet :P :rofl: :lol:

Oh boy, looks like it will be a while. Do you think there’s any advantage to my training / stroke development in switching to, the Chinese style, YSD earlier? For example getting the longer, brushier, looping strokes down and incorporated physical effort into my game now vs. 1 year from now?

I do get what you mean when you said earlier, about keeping YRD on the table. Sometimes I can overshoot it if I’m really not concentrating on brushing during my loop. Perhaps YSD can improve my brushing technique?

What are your thoughts on that?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2018, 17:00 
Super User

YRD is a little more forgiving compared to YSD. But if you want to improve your brushing technique I would think the easier to control rubber will help you out more.

My problem was that I didn't have the ability and strength to play with say old H3 or H2 sheet for more than 1 or 2 hours. Same applies with YSD ... If you dont have physical fitness to play with Chinese rubbers, it will go badly with YSD ...

I still have the problem with exhaustion with old H2 or H3 sheets, but I am able to spin and control more to compensate for the longer and more tired I play.

So here is the thing. I have the physical strength after playing nearly 2 - 3 years with YRD constantly. I still continue to use YRD at office, simply because it forces me to play more against the lower-level players.

And you are absolutely right with YRD you HAVE to make a conscious effort to play to the best of your brushing skills. if you dont push yourself to brush at your absolute maximum brushing ability ... then HOW will you increase your max brushing skills ??? :lol:

It's like Naruto :lol: if you don't pull out all your Chakra ... how else will you pull out the Kyuubi Chakra hidden inside you ???? :rofl: Or trying to learn new techniques, and the Jutsu fails at the 3rd time ... and you gotta do some other ass-poke Jutsus :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2018, 20:27 

man_iii wrote:
YRD is a little more forgiving compared to YSD. But if you want to improve your brushing technique I would think the easier to control rubber will help you out more.

Ah, so are you saying YRD and YSD aren’t good for that?

man_iii wrote:
My problem was that I didn't have the ability and strength to play with say old H3 or H2 sheet for more than 1 or 2 hours. Same applies with YSD ... If you dont have physical fitness to play with Chinese rubbers, it will go badly with YSD ...

I think I have pretty good physical fitness, that wouldn’t be the biggest problem for me, just the consistent brushing loops was what I had concern for.

man_iii wrote:
And you are absolutely right with YRD you HAVE to make a conscious effort to play to the best of your brushing skills. if you dont push yourself to brush at your absolute maximum brushing ability ... then HOW will you increase your max brushing skills ??? :lol:

It's like Naruto :lol: if you don't pull out all your Chakra ... how else will you pull out the Kyuubi Chakra hidden inside you ???? :rofl: Or trying to learn new techniques, and the Jutsu fails at the 3rd time ... and you gotta do some other ass-poke Jutsus :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

Touché, good point. I just didn’t know if YSD could maximize that skill as it really forcing you to do so even more so than YRD.

Anyway, I’ll keep training with the YRD and see how I develop :)

Thanks for your insights!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2018, 21:14 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National
BH: Trick Anti
man_iii wrote:

Best description of the idea of how should one play with chinese rubbers :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2018, 22:24 
Super User

Alas wrote:
man_iii wrote:

Ah, so are you saying YRD and YSD aren’t good for that?

man_iii wrote:

I think I have pretty good physical fitness, that wouldn’t be the biggest problem for me, just the consistent brushing loops was what I had concern for.

man_iii wrote:

Touché, good point. I just didn’t know if YSD could maximize that skill as it really forcing you to do so even more so than YRD.

Anyway, I’ll keep training with the YRD and see how I develop :)

Thanks for your insights!

Problem with consistency is it goes down with tiredness ... and if the rubber is unforgiving ... when will you play the correct stroke ? |( :P Hence while YRD is less demanding ... you CANT play bad strokes and expect it to work out alright ... so you end up playing the max you can at any given time ...

While YSD is more demanding ... you will not play even close to the correct stroke ... meaning ... you end up exhausted ... tired .... frustrated ... unable to even perform basics ....

Too much negative feedback .... you dump the rubber :-P :o

YRD is more demanding and little bit better at "forgiving" your poorer strokes. If you go out of the zone of what is control for YRD .... you will get disappointed ... frustrated ... unable to play ... but you realise at what points in your gameplay ... the strokes seemed magical ... spin was loaded ... blocking was just right ... you played with enough safety on the ball ... so the positive feedback kicks in at the next session ... you start adding more power ... more brushing ... etc :-D

So train with YRD until you are like 90% consistent at any point in time until exhaustion destroys you.

If you tried with YSD ... you spend too much effort + energy ... just trying to dialling in your game to make the rubber shine ... very very quickly you run out of time+ability ... are just totally tired out ...

So YSD is harder to deal with ... but not helping if you play lazily ...

YRD is more demanding ... but it helps with your game ... you learn not to be lazy ...

That was my experience ... after a while YRD is too tame ... not enough blazing speed ... so YSD felt just right ... starting to add so much power ... I realise what and how control helps deliver the results along with the added power ... Playing little later ... killing the ball early ... etc.

Hope some of this helps ! :-) If you want to see how it works for you ... go for it ! Try to play with YSD ... if it works out wonderfully let all of us know how you felt !!! :-)

Edit: small clarifications about the "demanding" comments :-)

YRD is less demanding COMPARED to YSD :-) based on how much effort is needed to "activate" the rubber and get good ball feel, control, etc.

YRD is more demanding ... COMPARED to ANYTHING ELSE ( other Hybrid rubbers ? ) but not to YSD ... more Control -> forced to play better strokes -> forced to play max ability etc.

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2018, 22:36 
Super User

v100ev wrote:
man_iii wrote:

Best description of the idea of how should one play with chinese rubbers :rofl: :rofl:

If you haven't guessed it by now ... HUUUUGE Naruto fan :-) started watching it back in college days ... ... Ep 29 ? Ep28? Ep 31? Ep32 ? :lol: ... I think the Chuunin exam ? Sasuke activates the Curse Seal ? etc etc ... got goosebumps ... binged on the 1 - 25 eps ... Toriyama World used to Sub those eps :-D then it was AonE - ANBU subbers :-) Early days of BT ... if u wanna know how I got into and got hold of Anime :D

It always made me mad when they said ... "If you use up all your Chakra , you will collapse and likely die" ..... NO ONE EVER DIED becos they ran out of Chakra |( And that too all the Fillers in-between.... AAARRRRRGGGHHHH ! :@ So frustrating! :lol: :rofl:

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2018, 04:19 

man_iii wrote:

It always made me mad when they said ... "If you use up all your Chakra , you will collapse and likely die" ..... NO ONE EVER DIED becos they ran out of Chakra |( And that too all the Fillers in-between.... AAARRRRRGGGHHHH ! :@ So frustrating! :lol: :rofl:

Lol agreed, the fillers were so LONG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!