OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 22:14 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
As most of us are aware of, Adidas ris shifting out of the tt market.

I've ordered both P5 and tenzone sf for my future setups and the order would probably come next week.
I've read a lot of rave reviews on their rubbers, and there's comparisons for p3 to T64 and tenzones to T05.
So i was more of why not give it a try before they are gone forever from the market, especially at a much lower price than the initial quote
( I knew this day are coming, the price crash that is)

Is there anyone here who had used the adidas rubbers extensively and could give a more direct comparisons to what you all have been using before
in terms of speed , spin and throw angle.
Popular brands are most welcomed ( Donic, yasaka, xiom)

it seems that despite being in the market for quite sometime, not many ppl have chose to stay with the rubber setups despite the rave reviews and that is
the part that perturbs me the most.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 00:32 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I didn't get on the Adidas rubbers band wagon, (didn't use them myself) but had sold quite a bit of them years ago.

The most popular were P7 and Tenzone/Tenzone SF.

The closest resemblance should be the ITC's rubbers since ITC is the company "continuing" where Adidas left off. Some people working for Adidas before are working at ITC.

Now, let's wait for others who actually used the rubbers to give you more appropriate answers...

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 00:38 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
I didn't get on the Adidas rubbers band wagon, (didn't use them myself) but had sold quite a bit of them years ago.

The most popular were P7 and Tenzone/Tenzone SF.

The closest resemblance should be the ITC's rubbers since ITC is the company "continuing" where Adidas left off. Some people working for Adidas before are working at ITC.

Now, let's wait for others who actually used the rubbers to give you more appropriate answers...

Yeah but like adidas , itc blades and rubbers are quite expensive and untested ( there's reviews but like adidas very scarce.)
Unless again, they have huge discounts like adidas do haha.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 01:33 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

actually i'm sure their blades are good. why? because the same person designing ITC blades was doing the Adidas blades, and before that doing some of the XIOM blades.

I tried the XIOM blades he designed and like them very much. Although I didn't get any Adidas blades, I heard a lot of things from people using them. Many of ITC blades are carried over from Adidas lines.

I would try their ITC products in the future.

P.s. just remembered I did get one of Adidas blade, the Strike Carbon, when I was in China a few months back. 8)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 01:45 
Super User

Woof I would too, but i still have long way to go before then. I've read about their premier lines sometime ago, the layers are definitely interesting. But me personally will finish my route of nittaku and bty blades first that i needa get accustomed first so if i come across other blades i can give linear comparison to it.

Still a noob compared to u haha.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 02:05 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

i'd say, stick with one setup for a year, or at least 6 months (depending on the number of hours you play) and then you can do whatever you want... 8)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 02:09 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
i'd say, stick with one setup for a year, or at least 6 months (depending on the number of hours you play) and then you can do whatever you want... 8)

yeah thats what im trying to do, would only get another setup for my backup blade after selling my ludeack fleet to a fren, and rotate between two blades while having fun with various rubbers as well.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 02:16 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

hahaha...

i'd say after you sell it, don't buy another blade, or various rubbers. just stick with one setup. after that "period" then you can get whatever blades/rubbers you want... :rock:

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 02:52 
Super User

Hmmmmmmm Just one more for backup bawssssss haha

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 03:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'll betcha out there in Tensor-land there are rubbers that are just about identical to the Adidas ones. Think about it.. who makes them?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016, 09:46 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
kim biceps wrote:

Is there anyone here who had used the adidas rubbers extensively and could give a more direct comparisons to what you all have been using before
in terms of speed , spin and throw angle.
Popular brands are most welcomed ( Donic, yasaka, xiom)

it seems that despite being in the market for quite sometime, not many ppl have chose to stay with the rubber setups despite the rave reviews and that is
the part that perturbs me the most.

I used to use the Adidas rubbers.
First one was a max black P7 and was quite impressed with it on the BH. A key drawback of it was its weight. It was quite versatile but on harder hits the arch would flatten off so it didn't suit my FH.
Next up was a Tenzone SF. Initially used this on the BH but ended up using it on the FH with a Tibhar 1Q XD going on the BH. Stuck with it for a season about 2 years ago. Quite liked it. SF was comparatively light compared with the 1Q XD which has a cut weight of around 53 grams !
Got the Ultra version of the Tenzone using it on the FH and a Tenzone Ultra SF on the BH. These were supposedly designed for the 40+ ball. Felt that the SF got a little softer with the Ultra series so it wasn't as popular as choice on the FH. I put the Ultra rubbers on a Xiom Vega Pro but it didn't really do it for me. Sold the whole 'package' to a competitive guy in a wheelchair who really liked it.

I felt that the Tenzone Ultra series lacked the 'spark' of the original Tenzone series. I did have a short lived sheet of Tenzone but at that time it was a little too hard for me to use - this was about 2-3 years when I played at Div. 4 level. It did have a nice crack of it which the Ultra didn't have. One of the better players in a former club did get a sheet from my supplier but reverted back to using a Bluefire M1 which he reckoned was a better rubber for his Clipper setup.

When I heard that the Adidas were pulling out I stopped using their rubbers. I gave a new Tenzone Ultra SF to a strong Junior in the club and he uses it on the BH whilst sticking with the T05 on the FH. He quite likes both SF variants and does not appear to notice any difference between original and Ultra series and is comfortable using it on either the FH or BH.

Control: Ultra SF > T05
Speed Ultra SF < T05
Spin T05 > Ultra SF
Arc T05 > Ultra SF

Speed Tenzone > T05
Speed Tenzone SF = T05

Control Ultra SF > Tenzone SF

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016, 14:44 
Super User

That's a solid review mate! Fully appreciated!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 14:05 

Over the 2 years I've been playing, I've used Adidas P7 and Tenergy 05-FX a lot. They are best for me and very close and difficult to decide between the two. They are both superb and have no weaknesses IMO. For me they've both also performed well on more than one type of blade.

Key points P7 vs. T05-FX:

P7
- on strong topspin shots it kicks off the table in a way T05-FX does not (or any other rubber I've tried).
- somewhat better for all out attacking with big swing. Better for all out power shots.
- less sensitive to incoming spin, can hit through spinny loops easier.
- better ease and control on pushes

T05-FX
- somewhat easier to impart spin on hook serves.
- somewhat better all around control (except pushes), especially on passive blocks (although P7 gives more pop). I do a lot of passive blocking at close range.

Overall, P7 has edge for power/attacking game, while T05-FX has edge for game with slightly less power with slightly more control. Both have excellent combination of control with available power.

Blades I use are Andro Temper Tech OFF+ and Xiom Vega Tour (both fast). I use P7 Max, P7 1.8. T05-FX 2.1 and T05-FX 1.9, depending on the blade. I'd try P7 2.0 if I could find it. In another thread I mention I hope someone such as Greenmaster Fitness takes over production of Adidas rubbers.

Remember, results may vary :)

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 17:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ITC.. ITC.. Who the heck is ITC... Didn't know such a company existed... Oh OK, there's a ITC section in the LARC:

Where to get them? TT11 does not carry them, Paddlepalace doesn't either, Presports does not, finally found three at Megaspin...

Iskandar