OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 01:16 

Hi there,
I am a USATT 1400 rated player and I am looking for a chinese setup. Can you suggest a setup with good amounts of spin but lots of control. I also like to feel the ball on the blade and a medium hard to hard rubber with high number of gears maybe with a max width of 1.9 mm so its not too fast for better control. My budget is around USD 80-100.
Thanks.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 11:07 

Blade: Stiga Clipper CC
FH: DHS H3
BH: Xiom Vega Japan
Ive tried acouple of the Chinese euro imitation rubbers. I would reccomend staying away from them unless you try one u like or someone more knowledgeable says w.e.. Stiga clipper and 2 sheets of dhs hurricane 3 is under 80$ i think h3 help develop full strokes. I dont know any traditional. Bh rubber, light weight on bh is good. With heavy on fh

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 14:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Chinese, eh?

Blade: Sanwei M8. Price: $8.74 including shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-sel ... 22548.html

Rubbers: Yinhe 9000 (generic 2-pack). Price: $10.30 for 2 sheets including shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-Gala ... 53505.html

Total price: $19.04... :lol: And you get a "free" racket case. You could get five of these for your budget.

I suppose you have to add another $2-3 for a bottle of Elmer's rubber cement.

Or you could get a combo:

M8 blade plus two sheets of batwings. Price: $15.96 including shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 56861.html

If you get this they'll glue it up for you.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 15:49 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
For your budget you could go with a Donic, Stiga or Yasaka Allround + type blade and put on some Haifu or Hurricane and it would be a good set up. If you are happy spend the money I think you are better going with a quality European blade and although I accept that generally the M8 and N11 can be very good blades there are a number of reasons why sometimes the quality can be hit and miss. Later on you can always upgrade the rubbers to tensors if you wish to go this way.

My current blade is Yasaka Extra and forehand rubber Haifu Whale. I'm roughly the same level as you ( I think). You can check out my vids here:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=29108&start=345

As far as blades go, the Donic Appelgren Allplay has a softer feel whereas the Donic Walder Allplay, Yasaka Extra have a slightly harder, crisper feel, more like the chinese Galaxy N11.

Despite currently using the Yasaka, I actually like the feel of a softer blade but was experimenting with a little extra speed but having said that, now that I've used it a while, I can't really tell anymore and am quite used to it.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 15:50 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
OP is ready to talk to Colestt.com and get a Matrix with custom glued 999 on the sponge hardness desired for well under budget.

He could also go to the DARK SIDE and get the setup I ordered from OOAK back in the day, Yibhe 896 blade, Kokutaku Tokyo and Globe LP 1.5 sponge for the low end of that budget.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Last edited by Der_Echte on 05 Apr 2017, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017, 02:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I disagree that Chinese blades are of lesser quality that European blades. It depends on the brand. The Sanwei M8 can have small defects (I've seen them in the handle material mostly) and inconsistent thickness (I mean blade-to-blade differences in the same model - I know this because I bought 20+ of the things when they were on sale recently.. :lol: ), but is otherwise a very nice lightweight blade with excellent feel. (Considering what it costs, buy one anyway and find out for yourself, even if you do buy something else.) Yinhe blades, now - I'd say there the build quality is second to none. I've bought a fairly large number of them - three N11s, a 896, a W6 Loop King, a N-6, a N11s, two premades (a 1B and 6B).. and in all cases the build quality was impeccable. The three N11s were even within a gram of each other. Note that all of these are inexpensive blades, you don't need to buy a $50+ blade before the quality kicks in. Absolutely nice smooth surfaces, perfectly finished handles. Better than my Stiga Allround Classic.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2017, 12:36 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Call Paddle Palace Equipment experts, talk to the guy at Zeropong. Both can make suggestions, then compare that to the info you get here, then make your decision based on a lot of info from different sources.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed