OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Butterfly Rozena
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2017, 03:47 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Thank you for posting an excellent video. It looks like Topspin with Rozena is very easy to keep on the table i.e not too Powerful or too flat arc.

Would you be able to post a short summary in English of the strengths of weaknesses of Rozena 1.9mm and type of players it would suit. Would it be good choice for an all round style on Fhand i.e loop block chop etc.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2017, 11:36 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Got rozena for my bh now, will give it a test on the day ill be playing it later

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2017, 12:29 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
apophis wrote:
SO its like the gateway drug to the Tenergy series at that cost? Maybe BTY are hurting in sales as they are so much more pricey the the mass of ESN sheets out there and want to have a more affordable but still premium marketed level sheet available.

I think you might be correct:

"One of the goals during development of ROZENA was to produce a rubber with a reasonable price to those who had not previously had the opportunity to use our high-performance and quality rubbers. We have confidence in the performance of TENERGY, but we had the perception that it was avoided in some cases due to its comparatively high price".

From: http://en.butterflymag.com/2017/04/roze ... o-improve/

I'm interested in Rozena myself but I have read a few negative reports regarding durability so will wait for more reviews first.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2017, 13:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Although it might well be true, it's marketing 101 as well. :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2017, 11:33 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
haggisv wrote:
Although it might well be true, it's marketing 101 as well. :lol:

:D Definitely the truth. I know all but two of the guys at my local club have moved away from BTY rubbers as they are so spendy, even the Rozena sheet is ~30% more then a sheet of MX-P for example.

I would try it out if someone had some at the club, but I wouldn't be buying it from BTY at the cost it has on it in Oz.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017, 07:06 
Super User

A strong candidate on my bh for now.

H3 soft has better spin and more power to unleash, mpre gears. Rozena has better consistent shots on smaller strokes, bigger strokes are less impressive off the table but definitely easy to put the ball across the tables on counterloops.

El-s is more powerful in my opinions, but more technical like h3 is ( better brush and hit will unleash more gears)

All 3 are very viable and safe bh rubber choice for me maybe top 3 in what i deem the best bh rubber for now. T64 trumps all of them. In terms of crazy power on small and big strokes but i won't be getting it because of its price.

Rozena makes me win more points as opening bh flicks is so so easy and safe. Even in rallies my bh can go long distance, will get back to this after three months of use.

Blade its on is fang bo b2

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2020, 15:40 
Super User

I have been using Rozena for over a year.

A lot less spin sensitive than 05 though 05 Hard I found to be a lot less sensitive to incoming spin than than the standard 05.

Weight is quite heavy though less than the 05 Hard.

Not a heavy loopers rubber like 05 more a flat trajectory arc.

Control is its strong point.

On a heavy loop 05 is faster. As you flatten the arc out the difference in speed is less.

On a flat drive Rozena is faster by some as the ball slides off the table than rather than bouncing up high.

Plays a bit like Bryce on flat shots but provides the grippy feel and excellent spin of 05.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 05:05 
Super User

kim biceps wrote:
A strong candidate on my bh for now.

H3 soft has better spin and more power to unleash, mpre gears. Rozena has better consistent shots on smaller strokes, bigger strokes are less impressive off the table but definitely easy to put the ball across the tables on counterloops.

El-s is more powerful in my opinions, but more technical like h3 is ( better brush and hit will unleash more gears)

All 3 are very viable and safe bh rubber choice for me maybe top 3 in what i deem the best bh rubber for now. T64 trumps all of them. In terms of crazy power on small and big strokes but i won't be getting it because of its price.

Rozena makes me win more points as opening bh flicks is so so easy and safe. Even in rallies my bh can go long distance, will get back to this after three months of use.

Blade its on is fang bo b2

An update, i hate rozena, very bland rubber hahaha, bouncy, grippy jack of all trades master of none kinda thing