OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 09:50 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Here is my first review of 6 Juic products I have tried out.

Juic 999 Elite Ultima SV - tried it out on DEF and OFF blades - UNGLUED

Juic's marketing machine says:
The great JUIC Elite Ultima rubber is now available with softer SV Ultima sponge! Great for players who want the Ultima sponge but with even softer sponge characteristics, combined with the JUIC 999 Elite topsheet that is so popular for its outstanding tacky spin combined with speed. More regluing capability.

Der_Echte's real No-Shit observations...
This rubber performs pretty much as advertised! The marketing statement is not full of material misrepresentations. This rubber makes a great FH or BH rubber glued or unglued.

Speed: Moderately fast, a notch more than Original Sriver
Control: Depends on the stroke. Overall, above average.
Spin: Rediculous, almost off the chart. Produces tacky and mechanical spin
Thickness: I used 2.0 Red
Tackiness: Enough to pick up a ball and hold it upside down
Sponge: Medium soft
Weight: Average to a teensy heavy
Price: Average
Throw Angle: Medium
Power: Decent, but not scorching, power on fast loops and drives,
Ball Feeling: Excellent
Who this rubber is for: Anyone who wants a tacky rubber that does both brush and sponge loops with decent speed and the ability to generate very spinny serves

Match Performance: You shake hands with the opponent and move to your side of the table for warmup. You press the 999 onto a ball on the table, pick it up, and make a show of shaking it a few times to dislodge it. You make your warm-up loops with a scowl as logo paint flies off the ball. All in all, not a bad way to stare down your opponent. The tackiness reacts a lot to the incoming spin if you hold the racket in place, so you need to stroke your shots every time, or you have trouble. Loop driving close to the table and a meter out are fine and controlable, with nice speed and an aggressive swing, even better when sinking into the wood a bit. Brush looping over the table is sweet. Looping against backspin takes some time to adjust, but works out in the end. Powerlooping with the sponge is a joy as well. Drives land nicely with a bonus of surprising spin. Pushes can get a little touchier, but you adapt and generate super spin on slow and fast ones. It takes a long time to learn how to push short consistantly, but you get there. Service definately stands out. Good feedback and ability to land spinny short serves make you feel like a better player than you are. As for blocking... let's just say that you need to be an active blocker with this rubber, or the ball will fly into the ceiling on incoming loops. You do get a nice drop on counterlooping of the bounce.

All considered, a worthy rubber, even unglued. I now regret giving this one to my Romainian friends on the cheap, but the EJ bug was a callin'...

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 10:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thank you for an excellent and comprehensive review, Der_Echte!

The SV is just a softer version of the normal ultima sponge right? So you'd expect it to be similar but a little faster, and perhaps not as spinny?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 11:01 

Yes, the SV uses the same 999 Elite topsheet with a softer version of the Ultima Sponge. The softer sponge seems to make the rubber easier to do stuff to the slower to medium balls, and still handle the fast stuff, but with a little less power. The regular Elite version is every bit as spinny, at least tackiness spinny. The harder sponge makes it more difficult, but not impossible to put the ball in the sponge and loop with it. The Elite Ultima is better suited for loop driving, counterlooping with speed, looping off the bounce, and counterdriving rallies, although the soft version still can do these, but with less speed and dwell time. Obviously, I like the Soft Version better. Both are fine rubbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 11:07 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Der_Echte, in terms of softness, what rubber would you compare it to (or what degree would you put it). Oh, and thanks for the great review!

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 12:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for that!

The JUIC 999 elite ultima (not SV) is the only one of the JUIC I've actually tried, so that's why I asked how they compare. I found this version to still a have fairly soft sponge and feel, and very spinny for loops. I can imagine the SV would feel even softer and spinnier than that! Hmmm spinny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 12:08 

Good question Joo So-Bang Nim, I should have covered the topsheet hardness/elasticity as well, uh? This one is tricky to answer, as the topsheet is a little on the hardish and not so elastic side, while the sponge is decently soft, but with differnt characteristics. The sponge is almost as soft as say, Catapult, but it is built different, has a little more return energy in the sponge, and in combination with the topsheet, plays somewhat close to Nittaku Reforma in terms of feel of firmness needed to get the ball into the sponge where you want it, but has way more tackiness, so the shot is way different. The overall effect is something greater than what you get with a Japanese non tacky rubber and sponge soft sponge combo. I wish I could describe it more efficiently, accurately and completely. This is something that you need to hit for yourself to understand. I have never hit with 729 Soft Version, but I reckon it would be somewhat similar in concept, yet have a little different effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 12:11 

haggisv wrote:
Hmmm spinny...

Yes, the 999 Elite Ultima SV can rip the cover off of the ball in both ways, brush and sponge loop. I tried it out when I was just beginning to be able to loop with any consistancy. If I try it now, I might like it even better. I sometime wish for a good close to the table tacky looping rubber with a soft sponge, then say, nah, I just need to keep working on a better version of my fast loop.