OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Oct 2017, 13:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Xiom Vega Intro
PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 12:28 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Appelgren AllplayV1
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Xiom Vega Europe DF
I've seen there is a new rubber available called Xiom Vega Intro. Has anyone used this yet?

From the name you would think it's an introductory tensor but does that mean it would suit beginners as a good first rubber. I wonder what other tensors or even non-tensors it might be similar to.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Xiom Vega Intro
PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 17:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I would assume it's similar in some way to the other Vegas. What would the difference be between the Vegas and, say, the Omegas? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 18:01 

Blade: Avalox V1
FH: Tibhar Genius 2.0
BH: Donic Baracuda 2.0
Haven't tried it myself but there are some reports already on the german forum:

http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?t=245792&page=5

Seems what you would expect, bit firmer then Vega Europe, softer then Vega pro, not big catapult, balanced without major strengths and weaknesses.

There is now a lot to choose in this entry level tensor category like Andro GTT, Donis Blues series etc which I think is a pretty cool development.

iskandar taib wrote:
I would assume it's similar in some way to the other Vegas. What would the difference be between the Vegas and, say, the Omegas? :lol:

Iskandar

Think Vegas are spin oriented and Omegas are faster and harder compared to their Vega equivalents (Omega V Europe is 45 degrees while Vega Europe is 42.5 )

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 21:10 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Appelgren AllplayV1
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Xiom Vega Europe DF
Barfly wrote:
Haven't tried it myself but there are some reports already on the german forum:

http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?t=245792&page=5

Seems what you would expect, bit firmer then Vega Europe, softer then Vega pro, not big catapult, balanced without major strengths and weaknesses.

There is now a lot to choose in this entry level tensor category like Andro GTT, Donis Blues series etc which I think is a pretty cool development.

iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Think Vegas are spin oriented and Omegas are faster and harder compared to their Vega equivalents (Omega V Europe is 45 degrees while Vega Europe is 42.5 )

Thanks for the link, was interesting. i agree it sounds a step below Vega Pro and perhaps and entry level tensor.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 04:55 

Blade: TSP 5.0
FH: Musa 2.0
BH: Keilar 1.8
Just put a sheet of red Intro 1.8mm on my Andro temper tech all+ blade.

First impressions are that it is more of a speeded up Xiom Musa than a slower Europe or Elite type tensor.

Quite firm and direct with a lowish throw, very linear and not much tensor bounce, but more speed than Musa on counter hits which is what I wanted.

Switching from say Vega Europe it might be a challenge but from a Musa type classic rubbers easy

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 20:53 

good review here on Xiom Vega Intro which from my limited play time so far accurately sums up Intro. Fast classic rubber feel rather than a Vega series Tensor.

http://www.tt-spin.de/xiom-vega-intro/

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 21:45 

After trying Intro 1.8mm as a F/Hand rubber on a range of all to all- to all + blades decided it is not for me.

Linear with good control in the short game but not a lot of spin or grip. However in fast f/hand to f/hand rallies very difficult to control for my limited ability as the rubber and maybe top sheet is hard and fast. Complete opposite of a softish tensor such as say Vega Europe.

May work better in max as the sponge should then allow a bit more sink/dwell than 1.8. sold it to a friend whose game suits a more hard Chinese rubber on F/hand and I may try Regalis red or Aurus select.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 02:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Why the 1.8mm? I think you'd actually gain control on topspin drives and loops if you use thicker sponge. And get more speed and spin to boot. If you're using a balsa blade or if you're a chopper or blocker it'd be understandable, but...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 02:59 

iskandar taib wrote:
Why the 1.8mm? I think you'd actually gain control on topspin drives and loops if you use thicker sponge. And get more speed and spin to boot. If you're using a balsa blade or if you're a chopper or blocker it'd be understandable, but...

Iskandar

The last 3 all apply! But I also liked to counter hit/drive top spin. In hindsight I should have gone for 2mm as I prefer Musa 2mm on my f/hand for same reasons you mentioned, and Intro is more of a boosted Musa than true tensor like the other Vega rubbers where 1.8 work well and gives more control on balsa.