OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 17:37


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 13:51 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 6016
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 710 times
However it should be the same across the board for Tensors, right? Since the same company makes all of them.. Even Palio uses the Euro scale for its Tensors (50-55 would be incredibly rock-hard if it were the Chinese scale..)

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 14:58 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31485
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1490 times
Been thanked: 948 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Victas 401 has a 55deg sponge, yet it does not feel that hard at all, because the topsheet is soft & elastic. The topsheet, and (I suspect) the length of the pimples inside, can have a big influence on how hard the overall sheet feels.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 20:42 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 23:45
Posts: 220
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: ITC Premier XF
FH: Tibhar Hybrid K1+
BH: Andro Rasanter V42
haggisv wrote:
Victas 401 has a 55deg sponge, yet it does not feel that hard at all, because the topsheet is soft & elastic. The topsheet, and (I suspect) the length of the pimples inside, can have a big influence on how hard the overall sheet feels.


This is true - the topsheet has a big influence. And how porous the sponge is too.

Tibhar have helpfully put two measures of hardness on their K1 and K1+ packages - the standard ESN one, and a DHS equivalent.

K1 - 50 degree ESN - 39-40 degree DHS
K1+ - 52.5 degree ESN - 39.5-40.5 degree DHS

Not sure how accurate this is in scientific terms but my K1+ is a pretty good approximation of a lightly boosted 40 degree H3N in my opinion. It isn't as tacky, but the overall hardness, feel and speed are pretty close. 54 ESN porous might be along the lines of 41 DHS, or a touch above, and some people want that kind of hardness.

Comparing with Rasanter R50 is tricky. These rubbers are tacky and will feel generally slower across the board in many situations, as tacky rubbers are wont to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 00:31 
Offline
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2008, 19:19
Posts: 2411
Location: Indonesia
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 113 times
Blade: DHS Fang Bo 2
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Sword Dance Med Pips
AndySmith wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Victas 401 has a 55deg sponge, yet it does not feel that hard at all, because the topsheet is soft & elastic. The topsheet, and (I suspect) the length of the pimples inside, can have a big influence on how hard the overall sheet feels.


This is true - the topsheet has a big influence. And how porous the sponge is too.

Tibhar have helpfully put two measures of hardness on their K1 and K1+ packages - the standard ESN one, and a DHS equivalent.

K1 - 50 degree ESN - 39-40 degree DHS
K1+ - 52.5 degree ESN - 39.5-40.5 degree DHS

Not sure how accurate this is in scientific terms but my K1+ is a pretty good approximation of a lightly boosted 40 degree H3N in my opinion. It isn't as tacky, but the overall hardness, feel and speed are pretty close. 54 ESN porous might be along the lines of 41 DHS, or a touch above, and some people want that kind of hardness.

Comparing with Rasanter R50 is tricky. These rubbers are tacky and will feel generally slower across the board in many situations, as tacky rubbers are wont to do.

The K1 I used doesn't feel like H3 Prov 39 I use non-boosted, it felt softer.

_________________
instagram: rokphishtt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 01:10 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 23:45
Posts: 220
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: ITC Premier XF
FH: Tibhar Hybrid K1+
BH: Andro Rasanter V42
rokphish2 wrote:
AndySmith wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Victas 401 has a 55deg sponge, yet it does not feel that hard at all, because the topsheet is soft & elastic. The topsheet, and (I suspect) the length of the pimples inside, can have a big influence on how hard the overall sheet feels.


This is true - the topsheet has a big influence. And how porous the sponge is too.

Tibhar have helpfully put two measures of hardness on their K1 and K1+ packages - the standard ESN one, and a DHS equivalent.

K1 - 50 degree ESN - 39-40 degree DHS
K1+ - 52.5 degree ESN - 39.5-40.5 degree DHS

Not sure how accurate this is in scientific terms but my K1+ is a pretty good approximation of a lightly boosted 40 degree H3N in my opinion. It isn't as tacky, but the overall hardness, feel and speed are pretty close. 54 ESN porous might be along the lines of 41 DHS, or a touch above, and some people want that kind of hardness.

Comparing with Rasanter R50 is tricky. These rubbers are tacky and will feel generally slower across the board in many situations, as tacky rubbers are wont to do.

The K1 I used doesn't feel like H3 Prov 39 I use non-boosted, it felt softer.


Yeah, they feel like that hardness of sponge but with a bit of boosting to soften them up IMO. These are porous ESN sponges at the end of the day and the whole package falls into the "hybrid" middle ground. GT might end up being closer to regular H3N for sponge hardness, but I think I would miss the extra flexibility of K1+ if I went that hard. That's just personal preference of course - if GT follows the general concept of K1 then it will be a top rubber I'm sure. I regularly recommend K1 and K1+ to people who are sick of boosting H3N over and over. Sometimes they miss the additional tack, but sometimes it works out well for them, and it isn't too expensive an experiment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 01:45 
Offline
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2008, 19:19
Posts: 2411
Location: Indonesia
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 113 times
Blade: DHS Fang Bo 2
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Sword Dance Med Pips
AndySmith wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
AndySmith wrote:
[quote="haggisv"]Victas 401 has a 55deg sponge, yet it does not feel that hard at all, because the topsheet is soft & elastic. The topsheet, and (I suspect) the length of the pimples inside, can have a big influence on how hard the overall sheet feels.


This is true - the topsheet has a big influence. And how porous the sponge is too.

Tibhar have helpfully put two measures of hardness on their K1 and K1+ packages - the standard ESN one, and a DHS equivalent.

K1 - 50 degree ESN - 39-40 degree DHS
K1+ - 52.5 degree ESN - 39.5-40.5 degree DHS

Not sure how accurate this is in scientific terms but my K1+ is a pretty good approximation of a lightly boosted 40 degree H3N in my opinion. It isn't as tacky, but the overall hardness, feel and speed are pretty close. 54 ESN porous might be along the lines of 41 DHS, or a touch above, and some people want that kind of hardness.

Comparing with Rasanter R50 is tricky. These rubbers are tacky and will feel generally slower across the board in many situations, as tacky rubbers are wont to do.

The K1 I used doesn't feel like H3 Prov 39 I use non-boosted, it felt softer.


Yeah, they feel like that hardness of sponge but with a bit of boosting to soften them up IMO. These are porous ESN sponges at the end of the day and the whole package falls into the "hybrid" middle ground. GT might end up being closer to regular H3N for sponge hardness, but I think I would miss the extra flexibility of K1+ if I went that hard. That's just personal preference of course - if GT follows the general concept of K1 then it will be a top rubber I'm sure. I regularly recommend K1 and K1+ to people who are sick of boosting H3N over and over. Sometimes they miss the additional tack, but sometimes it works out well for them, and it isn't too expensive an experiment.[/quote]

Problem I have with non chinese rubbers is longevity.

Nothing out last my H3, I don't even baby the H3, just wipe with pet water with my hand, wipe on my dry part of my pants, then into the case, without rubber protector on it.

_________________
instagram: rokphishtt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 06:41 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 23:45
Posts: 220
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: ITC Premier XF
FH: Tibhar Hybrid K1+
BH: Andro Rasanter V42
rokphish2 wrote:
Problem I have with non chinese rubbers is longevity.

Nothing out last my H3, I don't even baby the H3, just wipe with pet water with my hand, wipe on my dry part of my pants, then into the case, without rubber protector on it.


True, H3 is a total badass for durability. Even when it looks awful, it still plays well. I used two sheets of K1+ for most of last season and they're still OK but the tack is on the way out. It comes back with Rev 3 restorer for a while but I doubt I'll get past the summer off-season with them. I don't mind so much when they're $29 a sheet (two sheets per season is fine by me), but H3 is almost indestructible in comparison.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 14:07 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 6016
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 710 times
$12.59 a sheet.. :lol:

http://www.eacheng.net/DHS-Hurricane3-p11003.html

(Now you can get 5 sheets a season for the same money... :lol: )

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 23:34 
Offline
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2008, 19:19
Posts: 2411
Location: Indonesia
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 113 times
Blade: DHS Fang Bo 2
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Sword Dance Med Pips
No... no... no...

_________________
instagram: rokphishtt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 14:57 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 24 Jan 2014, 16:04
Posts: 18
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The Golden Tango has no porose sponge

https://tennis-tavolo.com/threads/joola ... ngo.46154/

If you want to see some Pictures

_________________
Joola Golden Tango Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution MX-S Max
Joola Golden Tango Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution EL-S Max
DHS Neo Hurricane3 Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution EL-S Max


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 18:28 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 23:45
Posts: 220
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: ITC Premier XF
FH: Tibhar Hybrid K1+
BH: Andro Rasanter V42
carmelomaf wrote:
The Golden Tango has no porose sponge

https://tennis-tavolo.com/threads/joola ... ngo.46154/

If you want to see some Pictures


Can't see any detail on the pics without being a member, but of course you're right!

https://h5.youzan.com/v2/showcase/goods ... ke16969630

It looks like an almost solid sponge. Not for me then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 15:03 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 24 Jan 2014, 16:04
Posts: 18
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Here


Attachments:
IMG_20170626_46652.jpg
IMG_20170626_46652.jpg [ 40.18 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]
IMG_20170626_17537.jpg
IMG_20170626_17537.jpg [ 42.83 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]
IMG_20170626_4960.jpg
IMG_20170626_4960.jpg [ 33.55 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]
IMG_20170626_52727.jpg
IMG_20170626_52727.jpg [ 56.93 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]
IMG_20170626_36543.jpg
IMG_20170626_36543.jpg [ 82.2 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]
IMG_20170626_25133.jpg
IMG_20170626_25133.jpg [ 72.6 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]

_________________
Joola Golden Tango Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution MX-S Max
Joola Golden Tango Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution EL-S Max
DHS Neo Hurricane3 Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution EL-S Max
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 17:59 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 15 Aug 2016, 06:47
Posts: 37
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times
Blade: Darker Speed90 CP
FH: Prov H3
BH: Andro Beat
carmelomaf wrote:
Here
Doesn't look that tacky. How does it play??

Passionate about TT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 19:46 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 24 Jan 2014, 16:04
Posts: 18
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Is a tacky rubber like h3

_________________
Joola Golden Tango Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution MX-S Max
Joola Golden Tango Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution EL-S Max
DHS Neo Hurricane3 Max | Avalox P700 FL | Tibhar Evolution EL-S Max


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joola Golden Tango
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 20:59 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 15 Aug 2016, 06:47
Posts: 37
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times
Blade: Darker Speed90 CP
FH: Prov H3
BH: Andro Beat
carmelomaf wrote:
Is a tacky rubber like h3
Performance? Does it require as much effort as H3 to produce power loop?

Passionate about TT


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gunnerwholelife and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: