OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2017, 18:33 

Blade: BTY Jun Mizutani - ST
FH: DHS h3 provincial blk
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 red 2.0mm
Hi all, im looking for rubbers to pair up with the bty jm blade... i have a few rubbers in mind, the bty tenergy series, the tibhar evo series and the dhs hurricane 3 neo.
My style of play is mostly forehand orientated looping and driving often, and my backhand sucks.
Tia

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 00:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Any and all of those will work. And unless you're rated over 2500 they will work equally well. If you're rated under 1600 they'll work just as well as Batwings. :lol:

Backhand sucks? There are some that would say use long pips.. but that's only if your backhand serve return sucks.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 04:30 

aaron_teoh wrote:
Hi all, im looking for rubbers to pair up with the bty jm blade... i have a few rubbers in mind, the bty tenergy series, the tibhar evo series and the dhs hurricane 3 neo.
My style of play is mostly forehand orientated looping and driving often, and my backhand sucks.
Tia

The rubbers are all we different, and if you haven't played with any then you probably should try them out, especially if it is the first time you've paired the blade with these kind of rubbers. I am also looking right now for a stable combination to replace an old Diamond CQ/Calibra LT, and everything I try out I really dislike/hate. A lot depends upon where you are coming from. I don't think any of these popular rubbers are "safe" choices unless you know what you are getting into.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 14:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I have the opposite opinion (see post above). Any and all will work, to a high degree. Yes, rubbers differ from each other but not as much as people make out to be the case. I can't say I've found rubbers I really hate or dislike, other than Reactor Ckylin (waaaaaaay too slow), though there are some that are too heavy, some with build quality issues and some that are just a little too slow (the LKT Pro XT/XP series and 999T). So far, I've not found anything too fast - even Evolution MXP is fine for me. (Have not yet tried T05, though.. :lol: )

Blades are another matter... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 19:10 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Andro Rasanter r47 2.3mm
BH: S&T Hellfire 0.9
Depends what things your looking for, lots of spin, speed, hard/soft sponges, control... Any rubber you mentioned would be great. Unless your rating is 2000+, with time, almost any decent rubber will work for you. Like they said, if your BH is that bad, pimples is the way forward :rofl: :lol: :Chop: :Defense:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 22:36 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Since we are matching ratings to rubbers, I'd say if 2,000 plus go any of those suggestions. MX-P is pretty bouncy and cheaper than Tenergy.

If between say 1,200 and 2,000 I'd suggest go with a milder tensor like Vega pro, Baracuda or V01 Limber. Even 2.0mm wood be fine.

If below 1,200, is not going to matter so just get a reliable Chinese rubber like Mars II or LKT XP Pro. On your blade they won't be slow.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk