OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 03:25 

Blade: Andro Temper Tech OFF+
FH: DHS
BH: Zava
Hi all!
I just have tried DHS Hurricane 8 on hard blade (Andro Temper Tech OFF+) and it's really schocking for me that it can't produce spin during top spin. With classic movement (no brush vertically, movement start from lower position) my friend who was blocking said: "I thought you play drive". Any other rubbers with same movement produce more top spin. Serve was OK and believe it can't generate spin in fast shots. I read that tacky hard Chinese rubbers can face this problem on hard blades. I am wondering is it because it's new rubber (it's tacky) and later it will OK? I saw horrible behaivor of Tenergy when it was just unpacked.
Any thoughts will much approciated.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 12:29 

H8 mid-hard was too hard for me on hard blades. When I moved it to a soft blade, it was much better. It actually had a bit of dwell then.

If you put it on a hard blade, you need very good timing and bat angles. It's not practical. Put it on something dwelly and / or flexible to increase the timing window of your strokes.

Also, if you haven't used chinese style rubber before, you won't have the skill to get spin out of it. It's a much thinner brush and faster bat speed required compared to european and japanese rubbers.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 13:44 

Blade: Andro Temper Tech OFF+
FH: DHS
BH: Zava
Thanks for reply. For last 2 years I have played with Hurricane Neo 3 commercial. And it produced more spin during same movement (but slower). I will see how it will behave after awhile. Some new rubbers play badly when just unpacked.