OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Need help !!!!!
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 18:27 

hello,

i have recently purchase a xiom vega pro backhand rubber, this is applied to my yasaka Sweden extra blade. after playing for few days see that rubber at the edges started to wear off, i did not mishandle or crashed it or made any contact with table. i did play back hand flicks and smashes... the right edge of the rubber started to wear off, please see the images below....

need you advise or suggestions on how can i fix it?

Last edited by sammyak on 01 Dec 2017, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Need help !!!!!
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 18:53 
Super User

There's no fix for that, I'm afraid.

Can I ask how you clean your rubbers? I see fabric particles that suggests you use a towel or cloth. I'd highly advise you use no such thing. Many players are scrubbing on their rubbers, thinking that's needed to clean them. Certainly not.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 19:25 

Thanks theologian...
i used a cloth to wipe the dust off the rubber, noted that i would not use cloth hereafter. can you suggest me an option? shall i use the rubber cleaning sponge? will this help ?

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 20:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Could it be due to the rubber edge rubbing on the inner surface of your bat case? If you use plastic protection sheets (overcut) or just place the bat in a plastic sleeve inside the bat case, this will prevent it.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 20:15 
Super User

sammyak wrote:
Thanks theologian...
i used a cloth to wipe the dust off the rubber, noted that i would not use cloth hereafter. can you suggest me an option? shall i use the rubber cleaning sponge? will this help ?

I use revolution cleaner or donic bioclean. I squeegee with my hand and air dry then apply adhesive sheets. Rubbers last for months if you do this. I always advise against any sponges or cloths or towels. They aren't necessary and you risk being abrasive to the topsheet.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 20:30 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
What I do in those situation: I use superglue to stop it from getting worse. I detach the rubber from the blade first to avoid accident of gluing the rubber to the blade.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 21:29 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
How far does the rubber overhang the blade edge?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 00:33 

If you are right-handed, I would give 90% you're touching the table with your BH rubber on a FH push. Cure: use 12 mm edge tape to cover the whole thickness of the topsheet on the problematic rubber and the sponge only on the FH side.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 17:33 

haggisv wrote:
Could it be due to the rubber edge rubbing on the inner surface of your bat case? If you use plastic protection sheets (overcut) or just place the bat in a plastic sleeve inside the bat case, this will prevent it.

Thanks haggisv, i don't think its the bat case and noted your recommendation for plastic protection sheets !!!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 17:35 

rokphish2 wrote:
What I do in those situation: I use superglue to stop it from getting worse. I detach the rubber from the blade first to avoid accident of gluing the rubber to the blade.

You mean applying super glue at the end of the racket? sorry i did not understand :(

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 17:51 

al_111 wrote:
If you are right-handed, I would give 90% you're touching the table with your BH rubber on a FH push. Cure: use 12 mm edge tape to cover the whole thickness of the topsheet on the problematic rubber and the sponge only on the FH side.

Probably i think this what has happened, what i have observed is that the top sheet edge (pimples) are pushed over the edge tape causing a bubble on the top sheet and then wearing off happens...but i have been using other racket with T05 back hand and 729 super FX as back hand well none of these rubbers had this problem and am wondering why his happened only to xiom vega pro rubber.....

for now, i removed the edge tape and re-applied it again ensuring that backhand sponge is supported. also wanted to check is it advisable to apply a masking or cello tape over the edge and rubber so that the rubber is protected ???

or other option i wanted to try is to boosting the rubber and when it stretches i can cut out the damaged rubber :-)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!