OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: TSP Ventus review
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2013, 16:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Has anyone tried these new rubbers from TSP as yet? There are 3 versions, the Ventus Spin, Ventus Speed, Ventus Soft.

Post subject: Re: TSP Ventus review
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2013, 19:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Here is the brochure for the 3 versions of the Ventus:
Attachment:
TSP_Ventus_info_E.pdf [405.25 KiB]
Downloaded 786 times

It's already released in Germany, but won't be released in Japan or Australia till October. :o

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 07:26 

Well, I try with my italian-english my impressions to share:
In Germany they say that Ventus speed is not so fast and so hard like Victas >01 / Donic M1. Ventus Spin is good and duration is excelent. The Ventus spin is medium hard and very spin rich with very good control.
I bought the Speed version in 2,3 and the Spin in 2,0 (backhand) and tryd them with a ALL+ blade (Donic Wang Xi).
The Speed is very good, fast (I am modern defender) and spinning with a wonderfull control. I bought immediatly a 1,8 for my Joo blade. The Spin version is for me and for my better colleagues (Top spin attackers) perhaps too spinning and, for us, more difficult to play: it's very bouncing and reactive.
I don't tryed the soft version.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 16:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks jero, much appreciated! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 19:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Here you can find a review of Ventus Speed... unfortunately it's in German, but you can use the Google translator to get a good idea:
http://mytischtennis.de/public/tests-se ... ntus-speed

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 20:33 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
I would be very interested in the Ventus Spin and Soft. Ventus soft has a 36° sponge which is extremely soft, and Spin has a 40° degree sponge which should still be very soft (same as Calibra Sound, Joola X-plode Sensitive etc). I'm looking for a light and soft FH rubber a bit less speedy than Calibra Sound withouth sacrificing on spin and control.

Is the topsheet also soft? What's their weight? Throw? How does it compare to the rubbers mentioned above, or to the newer Bluefire JP03 (also combination Japanese topsheet with ESN sponge)?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 23:04 

haggisv wrote:
Here you can find a review of Ventus Speed... unfortunately it's in German, but you can use the Google translator to get a good idea:

I don't agree with the german player Sven Weichert when he writes that Ventus spin is difficult in the defence: I tried 2.00 and play now with 1.8 thickness and the defence at table and away igives no problems for a modern defensive player.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 19:06 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Feint Long III
My initial experience with TSP Ventus Speed Red 2.0 mm-

The rubber surface has matt grainy finish and it's thin. The sponge is slightly harder but nowhere as hard as Hurricane or Tenergy or even Grip-S europe. On VKM it feels medium to me. I have red one with 2.0 mm thickness on forehand.

The surface has good grip. Serves and pushes are fairly spinny. Actually it feels like a classical rubber with a little bit more spin when the sponge doesn't come into play. Once the ball penetrates the surface and sponge is engaged then the tensor feel kicks in. The sponge is really fast even in 2.0 mm thickness. Coming from chinese rubber on FH I find it difficult to control. Sometimes the ball stays low but whenever ball sinks into sponge it shoots off. So you need to have a delicate touch.

Looping against no spin is good and counter looping is also good. Throw angle is medium to high. I didn't have opportunity to test looping against underspin. It grabs the ball fine and has some dwell time. So I think it should fair better against underspin too. One thing it does very well is guiding back the incoming topspin from a distance, sort of what CWX does. With H3N I couldn't do that very well, but with VSP it feels really nice.

FH chopping is good. But I think the credit goes to my VKM blade as I still haven't found anything that doesn't chop well on VKM :up:

Blocking is OK. I found it somewhat spin-sensitive but not much. I think with further practice it should be manageable.

More update coming soon.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 21:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks saif! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2013, 20:23 

@ haggisv

I will try to review, but I don't know if my english is good enough.

Playing Ventus Speed (2,0) and Spin (2,0) for 4-5 months now. Ventus Speed is about as hard as Bluefire M2 with little harder topsheet. Ventus Spin is softer, sponge is about 38° but it's Topsheet is a little softer and thinner than Ventus Speed.

V-Spin is a great bh rubber, easy to loop, high throw and very springy. Spin is good, but there are better rubbers on the market. What keeps me hanging on this rubber is the "easy" feeling that it gives to me (don't know how to explain :lol: )

V-Speed is a great rubber, but it is a little strange. In my oppinion the topsheet ist quiet thick andvit's the reason for some weired moments. If you only play with the topsheet (pushes, soft topspin) it is not very fast but very spinny. If you pass the line to get the sponge in action it will give a lot of power and lots of speed. At the beginning you will not know if you played hard enough to cross the line. This smees to be a little unpredictable. But if you get used to it, you will be able to use it and change spin an speed whenever you want.

My only problem with Ventus Speed is the flat hit. In tournaments i'll keep change the sides an hit with ventus spin.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2013, 21:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks Noppen-Jedi, much appreciated! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 05:29 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Feint Long III
Noppen-Jedi wrote:
@ haggisv

V-Speed is a great rubber, but it is a little strange. In my oppinion the topsheet ist quiet thick andvit's the reason for some weired moments. If you only play with the topsheet (pushes, soft topspin) it is not very fast but very spinny. If you pass the line to get the sponge in action it will give a lot of power and lots of speed. At the beginning you will not know if you played hard enough to cross the line. This smees to be a little unpredictable. But if you get used to it, you will be able to use it and change spin an speed whenever you want.

Hi Noppen-Jedi, thanks for your review and your english look quite good to me. These are exactly my feeling also with Ventus speed. Once you go past the topsheet and dig into the sponge, you will get some extra power out of it.

My Update on Ventus speed:

If I have to point out one single great thing about this rubber I would pointed out it's counter looping ability. I did not come across another rubber which counter loop so good other than Tenergy05. And it performs well on both close to table counter looping and off the counter looping. It's also good for looping against underspin too. It still looks new after one month. :)
It has a very good value for money for it's price and can be considered over similar but pricier offerings of other brands.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 13:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks Saif! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 08:56 

haggisv wrote:

I read the review and the players were pretty positive. It seems they only had something with blocking against topspin. My german isnt so good so can someone explain that part?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 21:38 

Anyone tried the Soft version? As I understand it this is not a tacky rubber?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!