OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2018, 22:43 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Our (german) review (with english subtitles) of the Omega VII Pro and Europe:

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2018, 05:16 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i heard about the rubbers that they come out, and about the price lol

they need to be 30% better than tenergys to sell with that price...time will tell i guess...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 02:24 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
111Iceman111 wrote:
i heard about the rubbers that they come out, and about the price lol

they need to be 30% better than tenergys to sell with that price...time will tell i guess...

I like it so far. Very powerful and spinny. Decent chop. Not yet used to the speed though, I sent a lot of pushes long. Opening loops are wicked good.

What prices are you seeing that you feel they need to be 30% better than tenergy? It's cheaper than tenergy by at least $20 USD wherever I look. The O7P was $55 USD for me...

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 05:32 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
They’ve gone a bit overboard with the text and symbols. Don’t think I’ve ever seen so much on a rubber.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 00:09 
Super User

@japsican the price is the same as t05 here in croatia...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 23:19 

111Iceman111 wrote:
@japsican the price is the same as t05 here in croatia...

WOW! :o

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2018, 01:51 
Super User

Blade: AfroBro Custom
FH: Rasanter R53
BH: Vega X
Yeah, O7P is a fabulous rubber but the price is worrying me. I'm hoping that some of the more discounty (that's definitely a word) suppliers pick it up soon.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 11:14 
Super User

any reviews out yet?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018, 02:22 

So far I really like it. I have the Omega VII Pro in Red. It's a light rubber, and just like all Xioms and ESN rubbers, very good quality.

It is very grippy, but requires the ball to sink into the rubber. Because of that, I had trouble generating spin on serves using my Defplay. On the Viscaria, because it's stiffer and harder (by a lot) compared to the Defplay, suddenly it's less of a problem, although I think one needs a higher ball toss of you are thinly grazing only during serves.

It is a soft rubber, and it's one of the "made for the plastic ball" marketed rubbers. The trend there seems to be grippy topsheets and very soft sponge to generate mechanical grip. It blocks super well, and the throw feels just right to me. Clears the net with lots of safety, and the spin is enormous. It's also not super fast...fast enough of course. I'd liken the speed to being a touch faster than xiom Omega V Asia.

Is it linear? In the rally yes. In the short game, less linear but still very controlled. Not insanely as bouncy as most tensors. Warning, I found it pretty unruly on the flexy defplay. It felt a lot less linear to me. Believe it or not, I find it more controlled on the Viscaria.

I have it in max, and feel like on hard shots, and flat hits, I can feel the blade. Not bottoming out so much as a good feel of it. I like it.

I have it on the Viscaria opposite Tenergy 64, and I find it softer than T64 by quite a bit. It's probably about as soft as Omega IV Asia, or Vega Asia, give or take.

I am contemplating whether or not to get another Omega VI Pro for the other side of my blade.
Or to use it as a BH rubber and get something a little less reliant on mechanical grip for the FH. Something like H8, Baracuda or T05 for the FH. I think doing that would support my current technique and strategy better on the FH. Looking hard at the gambler bursts, as I've heard good things about them too. I have definitely settled on the idea that this is a great BH rubber for me. Don't get me wrong, it would be good for the FH too, if I had better technique for generating spin on serves without heavily impacting the ball and needing to sink it into the sponge quite as much. That's a problem with my serving technique though.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2018, 20:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks Japsican, very useful! :up:

For anyone interested in the hardness of the Omega VII, here they are:

Omega VII Tour - 55.0 Degrees
Omega VII Asia - 52.5 Degrees
Omega VII Pro - 47.5 Degrees
Omega VII Euro - 42.5 Degrees

We just got them in OOAK Shop as well, so as soon as I need to glue one, I'll make sure I weigh the sheets. I've heard from a few people that it's quite light, which is a nice change of trend, because for a while rubbers just seemed to get heavier and heavier!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 08:43 
Super User

since i am currently playing with pretty hard Xiom Vega China, i am very interested in the hardest Omega VII Tour...

as soon someone test it or have some info about it pls post it :up:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 15:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I tried Omega VII Pro. I normally uses V Pro, and was told that sponges were identical. I did not like VII, it felt less grippy, but faster and less controlled. And the throw felt lower. I might have gotten a bad version of it but it looked very nice and shiny. I should probably have chosen the softer version to get higher throw. But now I am very happy with a fresh Omega V Pro, fantastic rubber :up:.

PostPosted: 06 May 2018, 14:30 
Super User

I have a black sheet in max of the Omega V11 Europe.

Spin and speed are pretty scary!

It's on the new Xiom Zx3 blade which is very fast.

Downside - seems pretty sensitive to incoming topspin.

I seem to generate more side spin and topspin when I'm in a defensive position away from the table than any other rubber.

Pace is exceptional too away from the table. Feel I'm able to come in with a counterattack easier when I'm well back from the table but that could be the blade too.

Close to the table I am still not sure about it.

My flat drives are nowhere near as flat and against incoming topspin feels like it's harder to control.

I'm winning more points with it in defensive positions than normal but when attacking and defending close to the table I'm struggling a bit.

Only being using it for a week. Not sure I can stop using it even if I start losing with it - the spin and speed are incredible.

Tenergy 05 has a different feel but for speed and spin this rubber is definitely up there with the very best!

PostPosted: 06 May 2018, 17:30 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Not surprised you are finding the ZX3 and VII combination a bit scary in view of how fast the blade is

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_po ... ies-blades

A ZX1 or similar more forgiving blade might make close to table play a little easier with the Euro VII

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 08:35 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I was playing with a sheet of o7 euro max a few weeks back and really liked the control for off the bounce counterlooping...

And on the other hand was having trouble opening up with it as my loop action is still brush, and the ball just falls off the topsheet.