OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2018, 23:52 

What is the best euro/jap grippy style rubber from Chinese maker?

I used to use Dawei Inspirit Quattro. I thought that was wonderful, at a cheap price. What are some other good ones?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018, 01:13 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I like the Air rubbers, Illumina and DefenderS. I really like DefenderS (not really a defensive rubber at all BTW).

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018, 03:30 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
My favourite is a Palio AK47

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018, 03:32 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
dan wrote:
My favourite is a Palio AK47

+1. Really nice - they were on sale recently for ~11$ at Palio's shop on AliExpress, so I loaded up :).

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 02:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Lots of different AK47s though. The three new ones and one or two old ones. The new ones kinda look more credible, though photographs can be deceiving (the pack might look nice in the photo and turn out to be really cheap paper in the flesh).

Whatever happened to Big Dipper and Battle (I think it was I - II was the tacky version, unless I have it backwards..). I'm rather partial to Tin Arc III myself, have a sheet of Tin Arc V that I haven't tried yet. I don't think there would be a "best" one. They are all different, you'll have to try them all to see which is best for YOU!... :lol:

Though to be honest, for all that, I don't think it matters all that much. Any of them would work just fine.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 16:24 

iskandar taib wrote:
Lots of different AK47s though. The three new ones and one or two old ones. The new ones kinda look more credible, though photographs can be deceiving (the pack might look nice in the photo and turn out to be really cheap paper in the flesh).

Whatever happened to Big Dipper and Battle (I think it was I - II was the tacky version, unless I have it backwards..). I'm rather partial to Tin Arc III myself, have a sheet of Tin Arc V that I haven't tried yet. I don't think there would be a "best" one. They are all different, you'll have to try them all to see which is best for YOU!... :lol:

Though to be honest, for all that, I don't think it matters all that much. Any of them would work just fine.

Iskandar

What is the difference between Tin Arc 3 and Tin Arc 5?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 22:46 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

I was referring to the new ones, AK47 Blue specifically - one with the softest sponge.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 11:49 

pgpg wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

I was referring to the new ones, AK47 Blue specifically - one with the softest sponge.

Which version of AK47 will be the fastest/most responsive? Blue? Yellow? Red?

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 12:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

zhuangcorp wrote:

I've no idea, really. And I'm terrible at describing rubbers or even telling them apart, because they all seem to work about the same. Since my TinArc 3 is about a year old and almost dead I can't really test them back to back. Which means probably someone else could do it... :lol:

The IS a price difference. There are actually THREE different TinArcs: Plain Old, 3 and 5. The reason I didn't buy 5 in the beginning was because it was quite a bit more expensive than 3. I bought it this time because there was a sale and it came down to less than $20. Note also there's GoldArc - aside from the relatively new GoldArc 5 and 8 which are ESN products (and are actually German rather than Chinese), there's the original GoldArc 3. I didn't buy THAT because it was (and still is!) a $50+ rubber. Supposedly has Japanese sponge.

zhuangcorp wrote:

The one with the hardest sponge, I imagine.

Let's add another candidate for "Best". Quite a few people on this forum seem to like Yinhe Mars. A little cheaper than Big Dipper.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2018, 16:12 

iskandar taib wrote:
zhuangcorp wrote:

I've no idea, really. And I'm terrible at describing rubbers or even telling them apart, because they all seem to work about the same. Since my TinArc 3 is about a year old and almost dead I can't really test them back to back. Which means probably someone else could do it... :lol:

The IS a price difference. There are actually THREE different TinArcs: Plain Old, 3 and 5. The reason I didn't buy 5 in the beginning was because it was quite a bit more expensive than 3. I bought it this time because there was a sale and it came down to less than $20. Note also there's GoldArc - aside from the relatively new GoldArc 5 and 8 which are ESN products (and are actually German rather than Chinese), there's the original GoldArc 3. I didn't buy THAT because it was (and still is!) a $50+ rubber. Supposedly has Japanese sponge.

zhuangcorp wrote:

The one with the hardest sponge, I imagine.

Let's add another candidate for "Best". Quite a few people on this forum seem to like Yinhe Mars. A little cheaper than Big Dipper.

Iskandar

Is the Mars non-tacky? From what I read, I had the impression that Mars and Big Dipper are both tacky rubbers.

What is Yinhe's best non-tacky rubber?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2018, 22:11 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
zhuangcorp wrote:

Is the Mars non-tacky? From what I read, I had the impression that Mars and Big Dipper are both tacky rubbers.

What is Yinhe's best non-tacky rubber?

Mars II is the non-tacky rubber I believe. No idea about Big Dipper though.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 16:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Big Dipper is definitely non-tacky. It doesn't even have the plastic glue release sheet (people call these "protector sheets", but I think they're there for the application of glue that sticks to the ball) that tacky rubbers have.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 07:56 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
The Mars II sheets I got were non tacky. Played great on an Appelgren.
LKT XP Pro is non tacky as is Taiji or something like that.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 10:22 

Blade: SpinLord UltraCarbon
FH: SpinLord Ocelot Medium
BH: SpinLord Dornenglanz
I cannot claim to have a ton of experience with the others, however, I can also vouch for the TinArc 3.

In the realm of inverted that I have hit with it is easily my personal favorite, and I find that it makes a lovely sound as well!

More substantially, I can say that my training partner has used my TinArc 3 from time to time and finds it rather comparable to his own MX-P.

There is of course some blade difference that goes into that as well, so perhaps to be taken with a grain of salt.

I wish I could remember the hardness that I got it at, but I would only be guessing if I tried.

PostPosted: 14 May 2018, 19:32 
Super User

Friendship/729 Focus III Snipe...I'm using this one, on one of the blades - It's non-tacky, decent grip, and on the softer side.. Oh, and pretty cheap...

It's not the fastest, but you get good bang for your buck.