OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 01:34 

Blade: Waldner Allplay
FH: Coppa standard 2mm
BH: MarkV standard 2mm
I want to try this since it's one of the few Chinese rubbers that's sold with thinner sponge (<2.0mm) option and I'd like to try it in 1.5 or 1.8, but there is little infos of it online.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 19:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Considering what it costs, just buy it and try it and tell us if you like it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 97208.html

I can probably make a few predictions, based on other Pro XP/XT rubbers: 1) Non tacky. 2) Relatively lightweight (at least, Green Dragon was). 3) Relatively slow. 4) Nice packaging.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 07:11 

iskandar taib wrote:
Considering what it costs, just buy it and try it and tell us if you like it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 97208.html

I can probably make a few predictions, based on other Pro XP/XT rubbers: 1) Non tacky. 2) Relatively lightweight (at least, Green Dragon was). 3) Relatively slow. 4) Nice packaging.

Iskandar

Thanks.

How do you think this would compare with the Yasaka Mark V 1.5 and 1.8 (vs. Red Dragon 1.5 and 1.8)?

Also, different subject, but the XT rubbers are tacky versions though right? The XP line is the non-tacky version?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 14:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

You know, come to think of it.. I've never played with Sriver or Mark V, so I'm not qualified to say (though I suspect the old ASTI rubbers were similar - though I was speed gluing those). I imagine Japanese rubbers have softer sponge than Chinese rubbers.

As I said.. gee.. it's less than $9 including shipping. What's to think about?? :lol: Yeah, as far as I know one line is tacky, the other non-tacky, though at any given moment I have trouble remembering which is which...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 23:52 

iskandar taib wrote:
You know, come to think of it.. I've never played with Sriver or Mark V, so I'm not qualified to say (though I suspect the old ASTI rubbers were similar - though I was speed gluing those). I imagine Japanese rubbers have softer sponge than Chinese rubbers.

As I said.. gee.. it's less than $9 including shipping. What's to think about?? :lol: Yeah, as far as I know one line is tacky, the other non-tacky, though at any given moment I have trouble remembering which is which...

Iskandar

According to the seller it's 30H sponge, very soft compared to most Chinese rubbers. Even softer than normal Mark V.

If money were not a problem for me, I would just get all those cheap Chinese equipments and try them, but it is, also time. I guess I will get just one in 1.8 to see.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 02:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I can tell you one thing, actually - the differences between all those Chinese rubbers (I've tried a number of them) are subtle at best. Yes, you can tell the difference if there's a big enough difference in sponge hardness, but, at least to me, they don't affect how I play. Blades make far more of a difference.

Iskandar