OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2018, 01:36 
Super User

Tenergy 05 Hard is suitable for modern defensive player?

I use Yuto Muramastsu blade.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2018, 06:02 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
scdit46 wrote:
Tenergy 05 Hard is suitable for modern defensive player?

I use Yuto Muramastsu blade.

Why not? You can play modern defense with just about anything, T05, T05H, H3, etc. Yuto blade is a clone of VKMO which is what I use so Tenergy 05 or 05 hard would work nicely on it.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 23:56 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
excellent video review just up, on Table Tennis Daily

basically an excellent very fast and direct attacking rubber for seriously good players only

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 01:39 
Super User

I never played with T05. I'll share this for what it's worth:

After warming up thoroughly with OVIIA (great rubber), which works well with little physical effort it seems to me, then switching to T05H, the ball will sail long or drop into the net because, as others have said, it takes a stroke with more physical effort and more commitment (and "more forward", as they said in the above mentioned video). A few people have said that it reminds them a little of Hurricane for this reason, and I agree with that.

The OVIIA topsheet must be thinner/softer, and it has more of that casual or "automatic" feeling. The T05H topsheet feels thicker/harder, and so (like S2), the ball must be made to leave the rubber quicker (as otherwise when the topsheet finishes its (tangential) rebound, the ball will still be sitting on the rubber, killing the spin). "More forward" is required in order to get rid of the ball more quickly. This is my understanding.

Although I'm using these modern rubbers because I got tired of swinging S2 so hard all the time, and I'm already very comfortable with OVIIA, I will consider trying to switch to T05H with the idea that it would force me and reward me for swinging with more killer intent. But I felt the same about S2. I'll see if I really feel like it. So, I feel a little pressured to hit harder, and haven't discovered its short game virtues yet. With S2 I felt I could play the short game in "topsheet mode". Wouldn't it be nice to feel this, or imagine feeling this, with T05H? But might be impossible because it isn't tacky. We'll see.

I'm waiting for reports about how long the magic lasts, and about whether or not it remains a great rubber even after that time. Please post about this. Thank you.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 03:10 
Super User

What was interesting in the video is how different they felt it played from standard Tenergy 05. Perhaps as you say it is aimed at the high level H3 forehand users rather than an 05 alternative.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 03:50 
Super User

I just quoted some who said it "reminds them a little of Hurricane", and said that I can see what they mean.
I didn't mean to exaggerate that.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2018, 07:00 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
I had the opportunity to play against T05H Sunday, but didn't get a chance to hit with it. The player using it was a Hurricane user, and seemed to be happy with the new Butterfly rubber. It was new to him also, so we'll see how he likes it after a few months. He's like me a mid level player, so it will be interesting to see how he fares with it.

He's a known EJ, so if he sticks with it that long it will be surprising.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2018, 07:08 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
When playing against T05H, did you notice any difference compared to the rubber that player was previously using?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2018, 12:13 
Super User

ziv wrote:
When playing against T05H, did you notice any difference compared to the rubber that player was previously using?

Faster, maybe easier for him to generate spin on some shots, but the differences were not big. The results of our match were not much different than normal, he's just a little better player than I am, and he won in 5 close games, I was leading 2-1 and lost 2-3. He seemed satisfied with the short game and his serves we about what I expect from him. When he plays with Hurricane, it is boosted, if you don't boost your Hurricane you experiences might be different.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2018, 23:41 
Super User

T05H is really aimed at very high level players with very fast actions so as to allow them to get both maximum speed and spin, although Butterfly will no doubt be hoping to sell lots more outside this select group to EJ's etc.. Your "mid level" opponent probably was not able to get the most out of 05H so would probably be better off staying with 05 for its slightly more forgiving nature.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 03:32 
Super User

ChasFox wrote:
T05H is really aimed at very high level players with very fast actions so as to allow them to get both maximum speed and spin, although Butterfly will no doubt be hoping to sell lots more outside this select group to EJ's etc.. Your "mid level" opponent probably was not able to get the most out of 05H so would probably be better off staying with 05 for its slightly more forgiving nature.

Agreed, the same can be said for many of us here on the forum, we all tend to buy into the "hype" surrounding new stuff. :swear: That one isn't tempting me, I'm not a Tenergy fan, it doesn't help my game, so I can save a few bucks.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 03:57 
Super User

T05H is better in: service and return of service.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 07:38 

Hard non-tacky rubbers are really only meant for higher level players. The TTD guys are not good enough to reap the benefits of t05h (without introducing mistakes), or even regular tenergy, which is why they use genesis instead.

The main thing about using hard non-tacky rubber is that it requires you to be really really aggressive. You need to attack the ball very aggressively every time. Not necessarily a thick contact, but always a fast hand speed and 100% confidence. A hesitant, non confident shot will produce a really weak ball. If you receive very strong balls from your opponent and you get timid and lose confidence, it's all over.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 10:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmmm.. Might THIS be the holy grail???? That rubber that is SO PROFESSIONAL that I can't play with it????? Something so fast and awesome I can't control it????? Rasant Turbo and Evolution MX-P weren't... :lol: H3 was, but for a different reason (too slow, I need more powerful strokes to make it work, but I could easily control the ball).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 22:37 
Super User

On this subject worth watching the TTD videos with Paul Drinkhall when they test Tibhar Aurus Prime, MXS etc. rubbers and he explains why MXP which is the hardest in the range works for him. Basically he says because he hits so hard on every shot the hardest rubber namely MXP creates more spin and speed for him than the softer rubbers which hit a limit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next