OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 23:17 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
ChasFox wrote:
On this subject worth watching the TTD videos with Paul Drinkhall when they test Tibhar Aurus Prime, MXS etc. rubbers and he explains why MXP which is the hardest in the range works for him. Basically he says because he hits so hard on every shot the hardest rubber namely MXP creates more spin and speed for him than the softer rubbers which hit a limit.

MX-S is harder than MX-P, though - at least the sponge, though I would say overall MX-S feels harder, too.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 00:02 
Super User

WorkoutMontage wrote:
Hard non-tacky rubbers are really only meant for higher level players. The TTD guys are not good enough to reap the benefits of t05h (without introducing mistakes), or even regular tenergy, which is why they use genesis instead.

The main thing about using hard non-tacky rubber is that it requires you to be really really aggressive. You need to attack the ball very aggressively every time. Not necessarily a thick contact, but always a fast hand speed and 100% confidence. A hesitant, non confident shot will produce a really weak ball. If you receive very strong balls from your opponent and you get timid and lose confidence, it's all over.

Harder rubbers are not only meant for higher levels. A harder/grippier (regardless on tack or mechanical) will provide a more direct response (lower first gear and higher second gear), more linear, more predicatble, and thus higher control. I always recommend developing palyers to pick harder rubbers and blades as long as it is within their comfortable weight range. Using softer and "springier" rubbers to cover up weak returns is not a solution and the indirect response actually diminishes control.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2018, 22:47 

Blade: Stiga Allround Carbon
FH: T05 Hard 2.1mm
BH: Dornenglanz OX
I have about 2 weeks in with Tenergy 05H after swapping from regular 05. The rubber is surprisingly slow and feels bad if you try to hit with it as you normally would with regular 05. I'm starting to get the hang of slow spinny loops with it, definitely takes more feeling than a normal 05 where you could just bring your arm upwards with blade angle somewhere in the vicinity of 90-65 degrees from flat and get a perfect slow spinny loop.

Normal hitting the ball against block, you need to open up your blade angle or at least flat hit the ball much harder than just brushing the ball. After two weeks I've now realized to fix the issue of correcting my forehand technique I simply brought my elbow a bit closer to my bode and start the stroke by bringing my palm forward and brushing at contact.

Counter forehand vs. topspin is much easier if you with some speed. Once you get a feeling for the opponents spin it's hard to miss counter forehands with this rubber.

Forehand chop is far easier than with regular 05 in my opinion. All in all, this rubber requires a lot of work from the user. I wouldn't recommend this for people who are not very comfortable with the forehand technique and can execute it consistently. Arm speed is important and the more speed you add the more control I feel the rubber gives.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2018, 08:08 
Super User

Because someone else mentioned it, the following was about weight loss and shrinkage of some modern rubbers:
Zhaoyang wrote:
If it is eventually reported that T05H does not shrink or lose weight (unlikely that this will be the case),
OR that this doesn't get noticeable for several months (possible),
OR that it's still great even deflated (likely),
then I would consider spending the money...

THE GOOD NEWS:
The very good news is that *in my case*, although T05H lost 1g in the first eight days after only about 4 hours of playing time (and I was very upset), it stopped losing weight after that (only .1g in the last month), so with regard to shrinkage and deflation, I now want to praise this brand and rubber as being MUCH better in this regard than six or eight modern rubbers I tried recently.

THE BAD NEWS:
As others have said pretty consistently, the top end is unlimited for a mortal player. But in my opinion, for too many soft and medium shots it is unremarkable compared to e.g. OVIIA. And OVIIA can hit bullets too.
With regard to the hardness and to the greater physical effort of wielding it that others have mentioned, I think OVIIT is the closer match, as OVIIA is much easier.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2019, 07:18 
Super User

hello
T05 Hard is suitable for a modern defender player (blade oversize)?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2019, 22:17 

Blade: Stiga Allround Carbon
FH: T05 Hard 2.1mm
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Yes it works well for chopping and counter looping. But considering how expensive T05H is I would not recommend it.

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 12:16 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Finally played ~2.5 hr session with T05H - drills and some matches at the end. Put it on my normal blade instead of my beloved MXP. Here are some initial observations in no particular order:

- This thing does NOT feel hard at all. Sure it felt firmer when I took it out of the packaging, but at the table -- feels just like T05. If anything MXP feels a bit harder, at least its topsheet.

- Spin is excellent.. it's pointless to argue whether it's more or less than rubbers X, Y or Z. It's definitely as good as T05 and matches or exceeds MXP. If I had to put numbers here, T05H = 9.5, while T05/MXP = 9. Hurricane would be a 10 LOL

- Arc/throw is high. No matter what you see or read on the internet .. this thing has an arc. It's much higher throw than the MXP. And it didn't feel any lower vs regular T05.

- Now, it is MUCH faster than the regular 05. I would say 10-15% faster. It felt powerful on my DEF (well, more like ALL+) blade.

- Looping is very deceptive. The arc is high and the ball either jumps forward or dives. I couldn't get used to the increased speed + arc combo at first. After 30 minutes I got the hang of it and it just felt like a faster T05.

- I didn't like its short game. Too bouncy. MXP feels a lot more controlled and direct.

- Serves didn't feel particularly spinny but new rubbers always require some adjustment in terms of contact on serves.

- I don't agree with people who say that this rubber has nice short game but fast top end. It has some serious catapult. As a defender I find it a bit too bouncy in the short game and during fishing just slightly away from the table. MXP felt like home, very direct, linear, and predictable.

I don't know if I am going to stay with this rubber but I can tell you I see ZERO reasons to buy T05 ever again. It feels just like its older sibling but with more speed and power to compensate for the new 40+ ball.

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 13:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Zhaoyang wrote:
THE BAD NEWS:
As others have said pretty consistently, the top end is unlimited for a mortal player. But in my opinion, for too many soft and medium shots it is unremarkable compared to e.g. OVIIA. And OVIIA can hit bullets too.
With regard to the hardness and to the greater physical effort of wielding it that others have mentioned, I think OVIIT is the closer match, as OVIIA is much easier.

What's OVIIA?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 20:17 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
iskandar taib wrote:
Zhaoyang wrote:
THE BAD NEWS:

What's OVIIA?

Iskandar

Omega VII Asia?

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 21:44 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
notfound123 wrote:
It felt powerful on my DEF (well, more like ALL+) blade.

Isn't VKMO supposed to be like OFF-, technically speaking? lol

I remember when I first got it it felt so fast

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 23:46 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
notfound123 wrote:
It felt powerful on my DEF (well, more like ALL+) blade.

Isn't VKMO supposed to be like OFF-, technically speaking? lol

I remember when I first got it it felt so fast

I know that's what its label says but I don't think that's accurate. Joo Saehyuk blade? MAYBE. A true off- blade would be something non-defensive for example Butterfly Korbel or Nittaku Acoustic. Try chopping with one - I used to and it was not easy.

I lost some FH power ever since I switched to the VKMO from JSH, and I've been switching to the faster and faster FH rubbers. Before when I was a JSH user, I played with a regular 05 and it was powerful enough.

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 13:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ziv wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
What's OVIIA?

Iskandar

Omega VII Asia?

*Groan* :lol: Keeping up with all these abbreviations is hard work. At lease I know enough now to know that that's from Xiom.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!